• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 9 - Canada .vs. Dominican Republic

Most meaningful game of the tournament.
    Winner goes on, loser goes home.
    For the last ticket to Turkey...
    sigpic

I think this game is more important to the Dominican Republic. Canada with their history would likely have the best shot between them of getting the wild card. That said I'm sure they'd prefer leaving Puerto Rico with a ticket to the World Championships than sweating it out for a couple months.
    Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dtown View Post
      I think this game is more important to the Dominican Republic. Canada with their history would likely have the best shot between them of getting the wild card. That said I'm sure they'd prefer leaving Puerto Rico with a ticket to the World Championships than sweating it out for a couple months.
      I hope that canada win this match this will give Lebanon more chances to take a wild card .. becuz Lebanon have a better record than D.R in the last 10 years... D.R qualified once to WC that was in 1978 ... while Lebanon was in 2002 and 2006 ... D.R is ranked 31( 34.2 pts ) in fiba ranking, while Lebanon is ranked 24 ( 63 pts ) ... D.R is very good team that deserves to be in WC but we deserve it more =) GOOO LEBANON

Comment

Originally posted by khaledlebanon View Post
        I hope that canada win this match this will give Lebanon more chances to take a wild card .. becuz Lebanon have a better record than D.R in the last 10 years... D.R qualified once to WC that was in 1978 ... while Lebanon was in 2002 and 2006 ... D.R is ranked 31( 34.2 pts ) in fiba ranking, while Lebanon is ranked 24 ( 63 pts ) ... D.R is very good team that deserves to be in WC but we deserve it more =) GOOO LEBANON
        hahah LOL in every single thread (no matter what it's about) you always find someone talking about Lebanon's chances to get a wild card LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
          hahah LOL in every single thread (no matter what it's about) you always find someone talking about Lebanon's chances to get a wild card LOL
          dont laugh because he got it right, dominicana better win next game or they be out of the world cup.

Comment

I think the Dominicans will win it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
              ???????? yeah cuz i want to see Lebanon playing in WC in Turkey in any way =)....... Canada must win on domonic with any result to qualify unless uruguay won on argentina tomorrow... in this case they must win by 4 points or more... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LEBANON

Comment

Go Canada

Comment

what are the chances this thread is swarmed by Lebanon's fans tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Dtown View Post
                    I don't expect this game to be as close as everybody thinks.

canada just have a far better Bench, The DR played with its bench today against Mexico and only won by 13 points.One the other hand, Canada looked pretty good against Panama, and their bench was killing panama too. And On Top Of That, The Dominican Rep. just lost ist "MAIN" weapon, they played without Francisco Gracia today agaisnt mexico because he's injured (and according to the Commentators, he'll probably won't pay against canada either)

NO way Canada loses this game if Francisco garcia doesn't play

Comment

Originally posted by khaledlebanon View Post
                      ???????? yeah cuz i want to see Lebanon playing in WC in Turkey in any way =)....... Canada must win on domonic with any result to qualify unless uruguay won on argentina tomorrow... in this case they must win by 4 points or more... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LEBANON
                      don't worry, I was just joking about the Lebanon thing

Comment

Originally posted by -K2- View Post
                        Most meaningful game of the tournament.
                        Winner goes on, loser goes home.
                        For the last ticket to Turkey...
                        How so? What if Uruguay wins? (Ok, tough opponent on their next game but Argentina may relax as they have already qualified and could just rest in this one)

If Canada wins and Dominican Republic loses, we'd have a three-way tie all with the same record...

Going by the FIBA Rules:

+ Records of teams against each other (still tied, 1-1)
                        + Quotients (simplistic version but the FIBA computation should net the same results)

Scenario A (All assumptions with a Uruguay upset over Argentina):
                        Uruguay (-6 vs. DR, +2 vs. CAN) = -4
                        Dominican Republic (+6 vs URU, -3 vs CAN) = 3
                        Canada (-2 vs URU, +3 vs DR) = 1

Dominican Republic in.

Scenario B:
                        Dominican Republic (+6 vs URU, -5 vs CAN) = +1
                        Canada (-2 vs URU, +5 vs. DR) = +3

Canada in.

Scenario C:
                        Dominican Republic (+6 vs URU, -4 vs CAN) = +2
                        Canada (-2 vs URU, +4 vs DR) = 2

Have to consult the rulebook if it's still tied at this point...

To summarize (again if URU manages a win) Canada not only needs to win but win by at least 5 POINTS to go to the FIBA Worlds. If it's below that it would be case scenario C (again, we have to check who advances for this scenario) or Scenario B (win by 3 points or less) and Dominicans advances.
                        If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Actually I see DR winning this game. Canada has looked great against Panama, and Mexico but against teams that have actually been competing they've always come up short. I think it will be competitive with DR pulling away late by 5-10 pts.

Comment

Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post

Have to consult the rulebook if it's still tied at this point...

To summarize (again if URU manages a win) Canada not only needs to win but win by at least 5 POINTS to go to the FIBA Worlds
                            I thought as much, still will have to beat Argentina for it to come to this. Luckily that game will come on before this one, so we'll know all the details going in.

Comment

Canada is on a downhill since the start of the tournament...keep Rautins and English from the three and you will win the game.I'm gonna root for the Dominicans although I want to see the Lebanese in as well.

I from Wisconsin!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information