No announcement yet.

BBL (Baltic Basketball League) 2009-2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kalev/Cramo signed Martins Berkis, who surprisingly left Ventspils after starting well in BBL Cup. Anyone has info, why? I've heard the chatter, that guy has issues with alcohol, any truth to that?

Comment

Originally posted by Richey666 View Post
      Kalev/Cramo signed Martins Berkis, who surprisingly left Ventspils after starting well in BBL Cup. Anyone has info, why? I've heard the chatter, that guy has issues with alcohol, any truth to that?
      Stuff about alcohol is pretty much BS, I think, but he has some other issues. Two years ago when he playing for Valmiera, he got kicked out of team when he threw middle finger in practice to coach Ainars Bagatskis... Later he played in Zemgale where he produced solid numbers, but seemed that he was bad teammate. And how ofter he switches clubs also isn't a good sign - seems that six months in one team is maximum for him. But we'll see how he plays in Kalev.

Comment

Originally posted by the_black_planet View Post
        Alex Renfroe of VEF had a trible double figure!Has anybody watched him,does he have potential for higher level?
        VEF coach Valdis Valters said that Renfroe has even more potential then J.R. Holden. Valters coached Holden in his first pro season in Broceni. So far he has had few really good games like that one with triple-double, but as we know it's only his first year after college, so he's inconsistent. I think we should judge him after few months.

Comment

Lietuvos Rytas humiliated Lauvas Liepaja 118 : 59

Kurtinaitis was unhappy with the defense and Rytas players had to return to the court for 90 push ups each right after the game...

Few days ago Rytas stomped on Nevezis 92 : 40

Comment

Originally posted by pablonis View Post
            Lietuvos Rytas humiliated Lauvas Liepaja 118 : 59

Kurtinaitis was unhappy with the defense and Rytas players had to return to the court for 90 push ups each right after the game...

Few days ago Rytas stomped on Nevezis 92 : 40
            "Few days ago Rytas stomped on Nevezis 92 : 40"

But it was LKL game, not BBL.

Comment

BC Kalev signed with Jason Miller (208cm PF/C). Last year he played in Czech Republic and the year before in the German Bundesliga. My gut feeling tells me that he isn't going to be the last addition..
              Live long Baltic States!

Comment

Originally posted by Demarr View Post
                My gut feeling tells me that he isn't going to be the last addition..
                And I was right.

BC Kalev decided to add Nigerian American Josh Akognon to its roster.
                In the past years he has played in the NCAA, where he averaged 23.9 points per game last season and was also named the 2008-09 Big West Player of the Year.

Live long Baltic States!

Comment

I'll continue my monolog.

Kalev added Charron Fisher who spent last season in Serbia, Vojvodina Srbija Gas Novi Sad. He put up some pretty good numbers in Serbian and Adriatic league - 16.3 PPG, 6.8 RPG and 13.7 PPG, 6.0 RPG respectively.
                  The team will announce a center aswell in the next few days.

Makes me wonder where the money is coming from..
                  Live long Baltic States!

Comment

I'll continue my monolog.

Kalev added Charron Fisher who spent last season in Serbia, Vojvodina Srbija Gas Novi Sad. He put up some pretty good numbers in Serbian and Adriatic league - 16.3 PPG, 6.8 RPG and 13.7 PPG, 6.0 RPG respectively.
                    The team will announce a center aswell in the next few days.

Makes me wonder where the money is coming from..
                    Is he going to play against Žalgiris tomorrow and on monday?

Comment

Originally posted by Migelitas View Post
                      Is he going to play against Žalgiris tomorrow and on monday?
                      As far as I understood, he is going to join the team in Kaunas on Monday. That means he won't play tomorrow but he might come on court on Monday.

Rait Keerles, Gregor Arbet, Marko Riis and Gert Dorbek won't play aswell due to injuries so I predict a landslide victory for Žalgiris.

Nenad Vucinic' thoughts about Žalgiris before the two games: http://sport.err.ee/index.php?0&popup=video&id=8867
                      Live long Baltic States!

Comment

As far as I understood, he is going to join the team in Kaunas on Monday. That means he won't play tomorrow but he might come on court on Monday.

Rait Keerles, Gregor Arbet, Marko Riis and Gert Dorbek won't play aswell due to injuries so I predict a landslide victory for Žalgiris
                        Well, i wouldn't say that. Just look at Žalgiris' schedule. They're playing 3 times in a week. So they always are giving rest to key players. Watson and Brown will miss one game in this two days serie, i'm sure. And Kalnietis plays 30 minut every game...
                        Btw, it was an agreement between our clubs - you are playing two games in a row away, and then we do the same in December?

Comment

BK Valmiera added rookie G/F Daviin Davis.

Comment

MasterCard Becomes New Title Sponsor of Baltic Basketball League:

Kaunas/Stockholm - December 11th, 2009 – MasterCard Europe today announced that it will become the new title sponsor of the Baltic Basketball League (BBL), the top sporting competition in the region. The agreement covers the 2009/2010, 2010/2011 and 2011/2012 seasons and provides MasterCard with exclusive marketing assets related to games, arenas and broadcast coverage in the participating countries Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.

Launched in 2004, the Baltic Basketball League has grown into the leading sporting event and most popular spectator sport in the region and the only one covering club teams from all three Baltic States. The league has two divisions - Elite division and Challenge Cup. In the season 2009/2010 BBL Elite Division has 10 teams that will play a total of 102 games per season with the season culminating in the Final Four tournament in April 2010.

Carlos Rodriguez, General Manager Nordic Region and MasterCard Europe said: “We are very proud to team up with the BBL – a competition that has delighted fans in the region with sporting excellence and excitement for many years. This sponsorship will allow us to provide our banking and retails partners as well as MasterCard and Maestro cardholders in the Baltic with exclusive assets and many priceless moments around a fascinating sport.”

Peep Aaviksoo, Board Member of Baltic Basketball League said, “We are very pleased to welcome MasterCard as the BBL’s new title sponsor. MasterCard is one of the top brands worldwide and a renowned supporter of sporting and cultural events. MasterCard’s ‘priceless’ motto has captivated the imagination of people around the globe – and it is a great fit with the world-class action showcased in BBL games.”

“It is the clear ambition of MasterCard to combine our worldwide reach with local impact, and our collaboration with BBL is a great example of that,” said Rodriguez. “Today, through our range of electronic payment solutions we are providing businesses and consumers in the Baltic with a convenient, secure and flexible way to manage payments and enjoy more of life’s priceless moments.”
                            BBL.net
                            Live long Baltic States!

Comment

I really hope VTB won't manage to kill BBL...

Comment

Originally posted by Gytaz View Post
                                I really hope VTB won't manage to kill BBL...
                                IMO it won't, atleast in nearest future, but BBL probably will get weaker, cause Zalgiris might leave it, don't know what plans Rytas or strongest latvians and estonians clubs, which might participate in VTB. For Zalgiris it was clear before the start of the season that schedule is way too heavy, too much games, too little practises to prepare to more important games and instead of that we must play. So it must be VTB or BBL next season and for Zalgiris VTB is more usefull for sure

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information