No announcement yet.

BBL (Baltic Basketball League) 2009-2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kalev's frontline is a huge disaster today.

Hopefully things will get better in that department when Keerles & Bojic are ready to play and the unknown foreign PF comes.
    Live long Baltic States!

Comment

Kalev cant afford any good players so they will be a disaster the entire season sadly. Don't even want to think about what CSKA is gonna do to this team when they meet but at least some young estonians will get to play and hopefully get better.

Comment

First BBL Cup semifinal. Letuvos Rytas - Kalev: 117 - 69

I hope, Kalev will have 2 good foreigners, because we could see, that estonians without players from abroad can do simply nothing.

Comment

BBL Cup

Game for the 1st place
          83:78 Zalgiris - Lietuvos Rytas

Game for the 3rd place
          91:67 Ventspils - Kalev/Cramo

Comment

Originally posted by Basket_ View Post
            BBL Cup

Game for the 1st place
            83:78 Zalgiris - Lietuvos Rytas
            Nice Pocius display, hopefully he'll become a key player in the team and earn a spot in the national team.
            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
            Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
              Nice Pocius display, hopefully he'll become a key player in the team and earn a spot in the national team.
              Yes, Pocius looks great! If you wouldn't know tha he had those hard injuries, you probably wouldn't understand waatching him. He's like a rocket Although he probably can't dunk like he used to but still. I expect a lot from him. But when he drives to the basket, he usually allways falls down after his shots, sometimes it seems he will really get injury..
              But what worries me is Begic.. he's totally out of shape.. But today he said after the game, that he'll get better.. I hope it's true, Zalgiris needs his good game very much.
              Anyway, it's good to start season with a trophy, expecially after last season troubles..

Comment

BC Kalev added another piece to the roster - this time the team signed with Macedonian power forward Blagoj Janev (203) who also has Australian citizenship. He should be able to make his debut against VEF.

Live long Baltic States!

Comment

Maybe too, late, but here's my review of the BBL Cup for Žalgiris and Rytas.
                  You can follow me on twitter @LithuaniaBasket

Comment

BC Kalev - VEF 90-85

Kalev was trailing by 16 at the halftime but made a great comeback.
                    What still amazes me, is that Kalev somehow can't convert free-throws into points (32/17 today). They make it so hard for themselves..

Alex Bojic scored 22 points for the winners, Gregor Arbet supported him with 21. Tanel Sokk had a great performance collecting 15 points and dishing out 11 (!) assists.

Ingus Bankevics had 20 and Alex Renfroe 18 points for VEF.

Other results today:

Rock- Žalgiris 68:95
                    Šiauliai - Nevežis 101:75
                    Live long Baltic States!

Comment

Liepajas Lauvas added two guards: Arturs Stalbergs who was played in Latvian National Team this summer and Ugis Vilums. Most likely Stalbergs will play in Liepaja till he recieves better offer. He had some interest from Cyprus, but still nothing more specific. Vilums seems staying in Liepaja for entire season.

Comment

Alex Renfroe of VEF had a trible double figure!Has anybody watched him,does he have potential for higher level?

Comment

Originally posted by the_black_planet View Post
                          Alex Renfroe of VEF had a trible double figure!Has anybody watched him,does he have potential for higher level?
                          First time in the BBL?
                          Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                          Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
                            First time in the BBL?
                            I don't think so. If I remember correctly, Bernard King had a triple-double last season aswell.

News from BC Kalev though: the team decided not to sign contracts with Alex Bojic and Blagoj Janev. Kalev is now expected to sign new foreigner players and one of them could arrive tomorrow.
                            Live long Baltic States!

Comment

Originally posted by Demarr View Post
                              I don't think so. If I remember correctly, Bernard King had a triple-double last season aswell.

News from BC Kalev though: the team decided not to sign contracts with Alex Bojic and Blagoj Janev. Kalev is now expected to sign new foreigner players and one of them could arrive tomorrow.
                              Bojic played well...

Comment

Originally posted by the_black_planet View Post
                                I saw him only once and only for 3 quarters against Žalgiris, so it's way too little and still too early to make any conclusions, but I wasn't too much impressed about him during that time. Good player for such level, maybe Eurocup, but doesn't look as Euroleague potential. But time will show if the first impression was right or wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information