No announcement yet.

BBL (Baltic Basketball League) 2009-2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zalgiris takes the trophy back to Kaunas. Lietuvos Rytas eight (maybe even seven or six) man heroics end after two quarters. A deserved victory for Zalgiris. Photos, comments, game review right here -----> http://www.lithuaniabasketball.com/n...ear-break.html

Here's what happened in Siauliai - Ventspils game:
    Ventspils were ahead by a single point before Siauliai’s launched their last possession. Vytautas Sarakauskas tipped in a missed shot by his teammate with the sound of buzzer and sent the Lithuanian crowd crazy. The referees signed the game protocol immediately and were unable to reverse the decision to count the basket once they had seen replays of the last play.
    Read the full article right here ------> http://www.lithuaniabasketball.com/n...ntroversy.html
    You can follow me on twitter @LithuaniaBasket

Comment

There won't be any rematch as Ventspils already went to Latvia. Soon we will know what BBL decides, but I don't see any reasons for them to punish Ventspils and not to give 3rd place that they deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Get Rich Or Die Playin View Post
        There won't be any rematch as Ventspils already went to Latvia. Soon we will know what BBL decides, but I don't see any reasons for them to punish Ventspils and not to give 3rd place that they deserve.
        You know that's not possible. If BBL first decided that there should be rematch and now changed their mind and gave a win to Ventspils - that would be crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Get Rich Or Die Playin View Post

http://www.bkventspils.lv/24042010-v...eles_pret_siau
          Actually, when I saw it live in Siemens Arena, I was pretty sure that Ventpils should have won. However, when I see the replay you gave, it is clear that there were some time left (~0,4) when Sarakauskas touched the ball. Those lights on the backboard turned on too soon. Again.
          Therefore, a rematch is a fair decision.

Comment

I still don't think that shot was good, it shouldn't count. Anyway, if there was a rematch, why BBL decided to play it next day in Sunday?
            Aren't they playing for fans, so they should put game in time where they could reach max fan base?

Comment

The MasterCard BBL third place belongs to Siauliai. Siauliai and Ventspils today had to replay the game for the third place, because the last shot by Siauliai center Vytautas Sarakauskas (Siauliai - Ventspils, 2010-04-24) was questionable. But Ventspils yesterday left Vilnius and did not come to the Lietuvos rytas arena for the today's game at 13:00.

So, Ventspils received technical defeat 0:20 while Siauliai was awarded third place prize - cup and 10 thousand euros prize.

Comment

In this video we clearly can see that tip-in was made after buzzer:
                DELFI Sportas - krepšinis, futbolas, tenisas, Formulė 1, UEFA, Eurolyga, auto, moto, dviračiai, lengvoji atletika, olimpiada, čempionatai, rungtynės, varžybos, rezultatai tiesiogiai

Comment

i am not going to argue that it was good shot - but,
                  straight after the game,referees sign (Referees: Andres Tobi, Tomas Jasevicius, Oskars Lucis - one latvian,one estonian ,one Lithuanian -so no conspiracy there) the protocol ,winner is declared.

Latvians watch video replay on the screen ,protest.
                  But because the rules says,that there is no video evidence is allowed,that should had been that.
                  On what basis there was rematch declared i do not know.
                  If they mention fair play principle - just declare join third place and split the prize money.
                  Btw - i really enjoyed the game
                  And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by auris1 View Post
                    If they mention fair play principle - just declare join third place and split the prize money.
                    I think that would have been the best choice too. Both teams fought really hard and they both deserved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Migelitas View Post
                      Actually they wont. It's something with BBL rules.
                      saw that later on. I was missing the promotion terminology throughout that event. somewhat discriminative policy by the league tbf.

nevertheless, Dolphins still have chance to play in the league by the following course of action:

1) Receiving a wildcard if the league expands by two clubs next season
                      or
                      2) bribing itself into the league.

Both options fairly possible.

Comment

It was decided today that Šiauliai and Ventspils will both get their bronze medals.

There will be 12 teams in Elite Division (regular season) next year as Rudupis, Dolphins, TTÜ and Perlas will play in the Elite Division.

Žalgiris and Rytas, as expected, will join in from play-offs.
                        Live long Baltic States!

Comment

Originally posted by Demarr View Post
                          There will be 12 teams in Elite Division (regular season) next year as Rudupis, Dolphins, TTÜ and Perlas will play in the Elite Division.

any thoughts regarding Dolphins?
                          good,bad decision?
                          And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Full story on the joint-third decision: http://www.lithuaniabasketball.com/n...rd-in-bbl.html

Dolphins is a definite plus. Good infrastructure, decent team. I'm missing the NEBL days. That was interesting...
                            You can follow me on twitter @LithuaniaBasket

Comment

Dolphins will add some spice to this league and I'm sure they are capable of performing well.

I'm sad that Barons didn't get the chance to join though. They would of been good addition for the league as well, considering the fact that they have been one of the best (if not the best) Latvian clubs this season and they're also financially stable.
                              Live long Baltic States!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information