Day 6, 2nd Round: Dominican Republic .vs. Uruguay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
    LOL, so you are implying that Uruguay lost a 6 point win game by the DR, becuase of a mistake

wow is there a 6 ponit shot in FIBA
    Did you even see the game Lewis?
    Originally posted by J-Mart
    the land of the free and the home of the brave is the greatest joke I've ever heard. There is no such thing as liberty and the american dream is more overrated than Japeth Aguilar was when u guys found he was a pinoy
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by saalsapr View Post
      Did you even see the game Lewis?
      i dont think he did, thats why his saying that. dominicana got a break, a mean a big break.

Comment

Originally posted by panamared View Post
        i dont think he did, thats why his saying that. dominicana got a break, a mean a big break.
        Nothing against you Lewis but yeah this game was decided by one or two possessions in the stretch run (figuratively a six-point swing or something like that)

The final game would have done justice to how close it was if it was a buzzer beater of sorts--- apparently Uruguay just did not have the same composure as the streaking Dominicans in that last couple of minutes.

The play i remember most was when the game was tied at 72 apiece (give or take a few) and DR was pressuring all the way and Uruguay turned it over. What happened next was a quick lay-up from Garcia i believe. Even then they had a chance for a tie or lead but never executed well and DR finished it off with good free throw shooting.

Urugay got a little talent relative to DR for sure, but for 95 per cent of this ball game they executed to perfection--- on top of quick threes that you may consider "lucky" and "just their night"... Too bad really, it was what you'd call gold turning to garbage because of one or two bungled plays...
        If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
          Nothing against you Lewis but yeah this game was decided by one or two possessions in the stretch run (figuratively a six-point swing or something like that)
          not one or two possesions
          the game was decided in the last 4 minutes where Uruguay played the worst kind of basketball ever
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -K2- View Post
            not one or two possesions
            the game was decided in the last 4 minutes where Uruguay played the worst kind of basketball ever
            But even at that time they still had the lead or close to it! Even then, they had a chance to win it (and lose it). But if you had to point out one or two key plays or one or two crucial plays--- that was it!

The crucial argument here is that the game did not reflect in the final score--- and if you'd even consider the way they played for MOST of the game you'd even say Uruguay was a bit dominating DR on this one... Well, up to the point when they choked and DR had that seething run. But the point is, give credit to the Uruguayans because they WERE playing well until DR forced them to play reaaall bad...

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
              But even at that time they still had the lead or close to it! Even then, they had a chance to win it (and lose it). But if you had to point out one or two key plays or one or two crucial plays--- that was it!

The crucial argument here is that the game did not reflect in the final score--- and if you'd even consider the way they played for MOST of the game you'd even say Uruguay was a bit dominating DR on this one... Well, up to the point when they choked and DR had that seething run. But the point is, give credit to the Uruguayans because they WERE playing well until DR forced them to play reaaall bad...
              I want to state how big Uruguay collapse was.
              sigpic

Comment

Uruguay lost the game cuz of 4 minutes full of mistakes
                This reminds me of when they were playing in the 2007 Pan American Games against Brazil. The Uruguayans were playing so well except in the end.
                "No hay poder en el mundo que pueda cambiar el destino"
                -El Padrino

Comment

I want to state how big Uruguay collapse was.
                  That, we can agree on

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post
                    I guess we will count up the wins after the second stage is complete.
                    We didn't even have to wait until the end of the stage.
                    Originally posted by Fedfan
                    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                    Originally posted by GuTO
                    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

the commentator kept saying referee mistakes like domicans pushing uruguay players and francesco garcia,s steal in the last minutes on the inbound pass should,ve been called as a violation from garcia as he stepped too close to the inbound passer on the steal ....was the commentator right on thesse ? for any1 who watched the game ......

Comment

Originally posted by karim View Post
                        the commentator kept saying referee mistakes like domicans pushing uruguay players and francesco garcia,s steal in the last minutes on the inbound pass should,ve been called as a violation from garcia as he stepped too close to the inbound passer on the steal ....was the commentator right on thesse ? for any1 who watched the game ......
                        yes his right

Comment

Originally posted by Dtown View Post
                          Wasn't expecting such a strong game out of Uruguay. 40-33 for them at half time Prêt immobilier. Dominican Republic can't afford to lose this game, dropping to 1-3 with Puerto Rico still on the schedule would be disastrous.
                          Merci de nous avoir partagé ces quelques informations. Etant fan de basket, j'aime bien avoir des nouvelles de temps à autre.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information