Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a question for all the rest of you posters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
    yes
    See, I suspected as much because of what you told me about ALL Players on the Iranian National Basketball Team being born and raised there several weeks ago. If Iran can develop their own native players and produce decent basketball players for the Asian level, then surely Jordan, Lebanon, and Qatar, can also do so without the need to import players born and raised elsewhere than their own countries and also without taking advantage of FIBA's naturalized players rule.

I also know from reading the other FIBA zones' threads about their men's and women's continental championships this year that it is happening more and more often with other national teams in other zones, but I think that FIBA must limit this practice because it is apiraling out of control and messing up the competitions so the results are skewed and not valid and fair.

I also know from reading other threads on other FIBA zones' respective message boards on other countries' national teams aboutv their preparations for the coming 2010 FIBA World Championships in Turkey, and reading about how many countries are importing players who although they have ancestry from that country were born and grew up in another country, that one day I fear that the FIBA basketball competitions will not be about which country produces better basketball players and which country is better at basketball in truth, with its own players born and raised there, but more about which countries basketball federation was smarter and had better strategies to recruit better import and naturalized players.

The FIBA players' ancestry rule is destroying the FIBA basketball competitions and it is only getting worse as this is happening more and more in every FIBA zone and being done by more and more countries and is corrupting the competition system.

I guess with such massive cheating going on, which, although it is allowed, and doesn't violate the Letter of the Law, and FIBA rules regarding this matter, but violates the Spirit of the Law--the spirit of uprightness, fair play, and fair competion, then in the end, thst most countries around the world will follow the importation of foreign players and each naturalize a player within several decades, so that whoever wins the competitions, and is good in the overall cumulative ranking of the nations' basketball teams on FIBA.com, will not really be the country that produces the best basketball players and is good in basketball, but will be whichever country is smarter in recruiting anbd more skilled more and pays more. And so then the results of the competions and the cumulative ranking will be meaningless. Whoever is the winner of the FIBA basketball competitions and in the end hoists the gold, silver, and bronze medals will have an empty meaningless victory since the nations that won's basketball players did not win the medals themselves, but players from another land that might not have anything to do with their country.

It might just end up just being more of a pride thing than anything else, a figurehead award, a puppet award, just for show, because with such rampant importing anmd naturalization going on by basketball teams in each FIBA zone, the results of the competitions are empty and meaningless abd will have very little to do with whichever nations produce good basketball players and are good in basketball in reality.

Maybe in the end no nation is better than any other nation and produces better basketball players or worse basketball players than any other and is good or bad in basketball after all. Maybe it all depends on the individual you're talking about and we should instead judge each person individually and compare them--if we compare them--only one to another and individual to individual and not make blanket statements after all. And maybe in the end because the competition system is hopelessly corrupted and messed up, and we cannot always find which nation's basketball team is better because the competition system hides and obscures and the truth; that the only conclusion which we can draw after all, and that is allowed is that all humans all equal after all.

Comment

its all in the sports program buddy, plus they've hired a qualified coach named Rajko Toroman before to infuse an excellent basketball system in their country. Plus looking at history, Lebanon is a country which has this diaspora of their people plus their population is quite small compared to Iran.

If you point out at the Philippines, its a different scenario.
      you know why I am happy

Comment

Iran is different than Lebanon,their diaspora is small and their raised population is about 15 times bigger than Lebanon.
        Out of 18 millions Lebanese,14 millions are living overseas ,some possess the new Lebanese ID and some the old ID.The Lebanese authorities are only renewing the passports and IDs of the players which is legal and allowed in all the countries.
        Iran would do the same if they received some names of Iranians ancestors!
        Proud to be Lebanese
        www.arabasket.com

Comment

Iran has no player that grew up in the states.
          this clearly proves that you do not need a foreign player to win(I'm not against Naturalization, I'm just saying my opinion)

look at the Philippines, half the players in our roster grew up in the states.
          Talent-wise, I think we're the best. But we did not have a good basketball program until recently. Thanks to the SBP, we're on the crosshairs again(you'll see @ 2011).
          We now have Toroman. hahaha.

The ONLY BAD SIDE in our basketball is = POLITICS. = (Poli = means people, Tics = pronounce it and you have bloodsucking insects)

Comment

Originally posted by Ch41 View Post
            See, I suspected as much because of what you told me about ALL Players on the Iranian National Basketball Team being born and raised there several weeks ago. If Iran can develop their own native players and produce decent basketball players for the Asian level, then surely Jordan, Lebanon, and Qatar, can also do so without the need to import players born and raised elsewhere than their own countries and also without taking advantage of FIBA's naturalized players rule.
            I don't know why you compare Iran with these countries ?? I can't see any similarity !

why you think they surely can do what Iran do ? our records in the world of sport is much much better. Qatar is nothing without naturalizing and the rest can't win a single olympic medal !

Comment

Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
              I don't know why you compare Iran with these countries ?? I can't see any similarity !

why you think they surely can do what Iran do ? our records in the world of sport is much much better. Qatar is nothing without naturalizing and the rest can't win a single olympic medal !
              Yes, yes, I am sorry mohsena2631. I did not mean to offend you or to start trouble for the people of Jordan, Lebanon, Qatar, or even the Philippines. I think that Iran is a very good country. I even believe, even though I live in the United States, that Iran is treated not rightly by America in politics, and that how America treats Iran is not righteous, when they should be treating Iran as an equal, rather than as an inferior, and I do not agree with the way that the American government treats Iran. But I also believe that Jordan, Lebanon, Qatar, and the Philippines are very good countries also, and that they are just as good as Iran, and blessed in their own different ways.

The more I get older, I like to think that I become wiser and wiser and more full of grace, and the more I get older the more I see that every country has something, and some advantages over other countries of the world and some blessings that no other countries have and that makes that country unique, different, and blessed compared to other countries. As well, I see that every country, without exception, even America, has its drawbacks and faults, that no country is perfect and without flaw, and that every country also has their unique disadvantages that no other country has. These checks and balance, pluses and minuses, advantages and disadvantages, pros and cons, effectively even out that country out to the other countries of the Earth, and the combination of them make them unique, but equal to every other country.

I have also traveled abroad to many other countries over the course of my lifetime, and I have seen that every country has their good points and bad points to it, and that those good points and bad points even out and make it so that that country is equal to other countries, no better and no worse. But when I have traveled abroad, I tried to make it so that I traveled with a humble eye, and not an arrogant one or a haughty one, so that I would view things in a fair, unbiased, unprejudiced, and balanced way, and not with the preconceived notion that I am a king visiting a beggar's country.

I have also seen the different blessings of the different nations: I have seen that some nations are good in sports, but not in beauty, some nations beauty, but not in sports, some nations have great intelligence, and wealth, and power, while others have great voices, and some great land--such as beautiful plants and animals, and some nations do not have that, but have great natural resources, such as precious metals and stones, oil and minerals, that enable them to become a global force and for that nation that has them to never do without, unlike still other great nations, which sometimes even have to bring in their own food from other lands to feed their own people. And there are still other great blessings that nations have that oftentimes other nations don't have, that still don't make them better than other nations but that make them unique, that I have not mentioned here, too countless to even list.

But whatever I have seen and wherever I have looked, I have seen it that every nation has great blessings in its people and land, and that it is like a saying that a wise man once said, paraphrasing him, but not exactly quoting him, because I don't remember exactly what he said or the exact person who said it, but I believe that he said something like this (Sorry for the improper use of quotations, but I feel that there is no other way): "Don't look down upon anyone, because everyone has their hour and every creature has its place under the sun", or something like that.

I am just saying that although I have paid attention to international basketball for several years now, when the 2010 World Championships of Basketball comes, I will not pay attention to it anymore, or to who wins. And I will stop paying attention to international basketball because of the great amount of importation of players by eventually every nation on Earth and the use of FIBA's one naturalized player rule by eventually every nation around the world also. As I said before in my previous post, these flaws and mistakes in the competition system make it so that no matter what, the nations that win the international basketball competitions and that earns a higher place in the ranking is not necessarily the one who is the best in basketball, but rather the one who is the best in strategizing and the recruitment of good players from other countries. And so any competition with these countries based on the current set of rules that FIBA has in place is invalid and questionable and the results skewed and distorted. Whoever wins the competitions and earns a higher place in the ranking is not necessarily the one which raises the best basketball players or even who is good in basketball, but is merely good at planning and preparation, and makes the actual competition, because the players are not basketball players from the country that they are competing for, invalid Because of this, I will no longer be paying attention to international basketball or international basketball competitions, especially since, with the system FIBA has now, what I believe are the flaws in the system, allowing more and more importation of players who were not born and raised in the country that they are playing basketball in, and more and more naturalization of players, is becoming more and more widespread and happening more and more, because more and more countries are competing and doing everything in their power to try to win, without regard to fair play and to the spirit of fair competition and being upright, straight and square, which is amoral, and ruins the competition altogether. Countries are now doing anything and recruiting any players just to win, without regard to whether they have strong ties to theri country or not, even though FIBA basketball competitions are national basketball competitions between nations for the bad things of honor and glory. And this problem is only getting worse and worse and not better and better as time goes on, as more and more countries become dirty and do anything and use any means necessary to win.

And so the flaws are increasing and making the results of the competitions more and more messed up and more and more skewed, and distorting which country really natively raises the best basketball players, the players raised on its country's own home soil. And so no proper competition and accurate ranking can be arrived at using the FIBA's crrent rules.

So, I guess in conclusion no fair competition and no accurate ranking can be arrived at and determined. And so in light of that, I conclude that we are all equal after all, and that whichever nation is better at basketball depends not upon the nation itself, but rather only upon the individual person you are judging.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information