Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a question for all the rest of you posters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question for all the rest of you posters...

...about the FIBA-ASIA Men's Basketball Championships.

How many players on Iran's Team, (the eventual winners), were born in Iran and grew up in America?

I know that all of Iran's players were born in Iran, but how many of them grew up in America? And what are their names?

Thanks to whoever answers.

Originally posted by Ch41 View Post

How many players on Iran's Team, (the eventual winners), were born in Iran and grew up in America?

I know that all of Iran's players were born in Iran, but how many of them grew up in America? And what are their names?

none of them !!

Comment

Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
      none of them !!
      Huh!? That's not what I heard, but I could be wrong, because I did not pay that much attention to other teams players.

So, ALL of the 12 players that were on Iran's basketball team were born and grew up in Iran?

Comment

Huh!? That's not what I heard, but I could be wrong, because I did not pay that much attention to other teams players.

So, ALL of the 12 players that were on Iran's basketball team were born and grew up in Iran?
        yes, all of the 12 players were born and grew up in Iran

Comment

I think you may be mistaken Iran for Lebanon.

Comment

yes, all of the 12 players were born and grew up in Iran
            OK, so none of them went to high school or college in America, right?

Comment

OK, so none of them went to high school or college in America, right?
              Iranian players were all born and raised in Iran.
              Maybe you had either Jordan or Lebanon in mind. Both teams have a) naturalized players b) players who were born/grew up in America but are of Jordanian /Lebanese origin(father, grandfather,..).

Comment

Originally posted by Buran View Post
                Iranian players were all born and raised in Iran.
                Maybe you had either Jordan or Lebanon in mind. Both teams have a) naturalized players b) players who were born/grew up in America but are of Jordanian /Lebanese origin(father, grandfather,..).
                OK, so if Iran can do it, why can't they do it also? What's the need to naturalize players when it limits the development of your own country's native players? It seeems to me like this is just a mere shortcut to winning instead of developing your own country's native basketball program and players.

Comment

Based from my experience, these kinds of topics usually turn out ugly. Wanna know why? Do a lot of back reading and you'll see.

Comment

OK, so if Iran can do it, why can't they do it also? What's the need to naturalize players when it limits the development of your own country's native players? It seeems to me like this is just a mere shortcut to winning instead of developing your own country's native basketball program and players.
                    That seems to be the case. In my opinion they are also taking the shortcut, which won't benefit them in the long run. On the other hand, FIBA allows national teams to naturalize 1 player and some countries have decided to take advantage of this rule. So FIBA is also to blame for this situation.
                    Beside from hindering the development of basketball in these countries,these players usually don't put all their effort into the national games, because to them it's just another game. They lack devotion.

Getting back to your earlier question on whether Iran has any players who are playing college basketball in the US: Iran will hopefully have its first player who is playing college basketball in the US pretty soon. He left Iran almost 2 years ago to attend high school in the US to become eligible for getting an NCAA scholarship. He just Joined Rice University as a true freshman.

Comment

As Buran has mentioned in the post above there is a great talented young Iranian player by the name of Arsalan Kazemi who could end up as the next big thing for Iran (I have attached the link to his thread below).

And of course there is our good friend Behdad Sami whom also grew up playing in the States but it's not sure whether he will be playing with the Iranian NT any time soon (I also attached the thread for him below for ur info).

Comment

Iran has one armenian player oshin sahakian, born in iran and grew up in iran.

In football aswell they have one armenian player in their nt, andranik teymourian

I just wanna credit ourselves armenians .. we have a hand in irans title

Comment

Originally posted by fadikhatib View Post
                          Iran has one armenian player oshin sahakian, born in iran and grew up in iran.

In football aswell they have one armenian player in their nt, andranik teymourian

I just wanna credit ourselves armenians .. we have a hand in irans title
                          Iran Basketball NT has 2 Iranian-Armenian players. Aren Davoudi is Armenian too

to every one who doesn't know about Iranian-Armenians :
                          Last edited by mohsena2631; 09-04-2009, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Iran Basketball NT has 2 Iranian-Armenian players. Aren Davoudi is Armenian too

to every one who doesn't know about Iranian-Armenians :
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Iranians
                            Just curious: Aren Davoudi, even though he is an Iranian-Armenian, was born and raised in Iran too, right?

Comment

Originally posted by ch41 View Post
                              just curious: Aren davoudi, even though he is an iranian-armenian, was born and raised in iran too, right?
                              yes

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information