Acropolis tournament '2009 including GRE, RUS, SRB and LTU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gyroscope View Post
    Is it my impression or as the days go by Koufos gets worse instead of better?
    He is to soft in defense and in offense as well. Often he does not jump to the rebound and he does not even raise his hands.
    You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

relax guys
      you are watching friendlys again.
      most of the players havent played together.so each logical to play one day good and the other day bad.
      dont fell to the trap of one day perperoglou plays bad and he is an average player while the other day which plays good becomes the SF that greece searching.
      Koufos has talent but needs time to adjust to his role (like the majority of greece NT players which dont know their)and one or two or three games cannot change that.
      have faith

nice team serbia is creating.After some years i can see some light in the end for the serbia NT.
      nothing else to mention.these 2 teams know so well each other since if i am not mistaken have played 3 games this week so each team matched up well the other.just that they have potencial and i am sure they will go well in the euro
      Last edited by CG; 08-24-2009, 09:15 PM.
      1st in IBN 2018-2019
      2nd in IBN 2016-2017
      2nd in IBN 2015-2016
      1st in IBN 2014-2015
      2nd in IBN 2013-2014
      2nd in IBN 2012-2013
      2nd in IBN 2010-2011
      3nd in IBN 2009-2010
      1st in IBN 2008-2009
      2nd in IBN 2007-2008

If you love player and team comparisons, please join me in my channels
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIT...JLx5BerQtam9_A
      https://www.facebook.com/sport.rankings.10
      @RankingsSport

Comment

Raduljica should be our starting center.Krstic is so terrible. Injury really killed his career We don't have shooter that we can relay on.I wish we have Peja or Pavlovic on our team
        UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

It was a bad game, even for friendly, imo. Greece is making uncharacteristic mistakes, I still have to get used to seeing the new young Greece play, without all those veterans. Bouroussis seems to be the only really reliable guy on that team. Spanoulis has set his mindset on scoring. He does that brilliantly, but the slick halfcourt passing seems to be gone. Calathes without self-confidence, maybe lost it because he's not starting anymore. Young players with American background are sensitive in that aspect, even old ones are. Or, more likely, everyone was a bit overenthusiastic after easy games against Romania and Latvia. Serbian players are young but already experienced, and very physical. It's a different game playing against those guys.

Don't want to draw too early conclusions though.

Serbia, another intersting young team, I like them, even if they lack a bit on the PG position and even if Kristic indeed plays like 38 year old. Trio of power forwards, Velickovic, Macvan, Erceg, very impressive, there won't be any problems in the future.

Considering the lack of real contenders behind Spain, who knows, both teams might show up in the semis.

Lithuania looks bound for 5-8 with that roster. They'd be the 2nd strongest team with Saras, but without him nobody can create an offense for them. Even the Lavrinovic brothers are only worth half when they don't have someone who provides them with open looks. In general, 3-5 positions are solid, Lukauskis, Delininkaitis, Jasaitis is not bad either to play alongside a great point guard. One man makes the difference.

Kleiza has a bad game every time I watch him play for Lithuania.

Comment

Wow based on these two games these teams look awful.

Russia - they look completely lost and baffled on offense. No hope for them at all if they are going to play like that. Just terrible.

Lithuania - They look like they will be fighting just to make one of the 6 spots to qualify for the World Championship. Their point guard position is really terrible and that is the most important position.

Greece - Basically the entire team is Spanoulis and his sidekick Zisis, with a little Bourousis and Sofo added in. But Sofo can only play 15 minutes and Bourousis is a foul machine. Calathes and Koufos look totally overwhelmed.

Serbia - Deep team, physical, lots of good role players but not one guy that stands out even in the slightest bit. Teodosic appears to be the leader on offense and they seemed doomed to be a team that will have to win games by holding the other team in the 60s in points.

It seems Greece is the strongest of these 4 clubs but none of them look up to challenging a team like Spain.

Comment

i think that Greece has the strongest pick n roll plays among all national teams.
              Spanoulis-Boroussis and Calathes-Shortsianitis are definetely different duos, which gives Greece's coach a wide variety of plays in offence.
              if he needs jumpshoting he would use Span-Boro, while he needs playing inside and physical he would pick Nick with Sofo. dont underestimate that fact, because pick n roll is still silent killer in basketball ( USA Dream Team knew something about that during Olympics'04, where Sofo was 'pick n roll killer' called by american nba experts).

I agree with you that they need to work a little before Eurobasket, cause sometimes their ball movement and decision making are on a low level, but dont remember that their frontcourt potential is truly amazing and even one player with foul trouble doesnt change it.

What about Serbia?
              Its easy to see that this team hasnt got any mental leader and no one is responsible to get the ball and be go-to-guy when team need it. moreover i notice that they have good team chemistry now, which was a great problem for few years. there arent players with star mentality so they dont arguing with themselves. Serbia have fabolous future but cant win anything when they dont know who is thei point guard, Tepic or Teodosic? oh god, its terrbile to watch them with ball and making plays for all team.

Spain is obviously main candidate for gold but Greece and less Serbia also could make suprise. I dont believe in Lithuana w/o Saras - you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by ballhoger View Post
                i think that Greece has the strongest pick n roll plays among all national teams.
                Spanoulis-Boroussis and Calathes-Shortsianitis are definetely different duos, which gives Greece's coach a wide variety of plays in offence.
                if he needs jumpshoting he would use Span-Boro, while he needs playing inside and physical he would pick Nick with Sofo. dont underestimate that fact, because pick n roll is still silent killer in basketball ( USA Dream Team knew something about that during Olympics'04, where Sofo was 'pick n roll killer' called by american nba experts).

I agree with you that they need to work a little before Eurobasket, cause sometimes their ball movement and decision making are on a low level, but dont remember that their frontcourt potential is truly amazing and even one player with foul trouble doesnt change it.

What about Serbia?
                Its easy to see that this team hasnt got any mental leader and no one is responsible to get the ball and be go-to-guy when team need it. moreover i notice that they have good team chemistry now, which was a great problem for few years. there arent players with star mentality so they dont arguing with themselves. Serbia have fabolous future but cant win anything when they dont know who is thei point guard, Tepic or Teodosic? oh god, its terrbile to watch them with ball and making plays for all team.

Spain is obviously main candidate for gold but Greece and less Serbia also could make suprise. I dont believe in Lithuana w/o Saras - you are right.
                But Spanoulis is a ballhog and a Turnover Machine.

Comment

Originally posted by KWSN-Men View Post
                  But Spanoulis is a ballhog and a Turnover Machine.
                  Serbia has a very good team, I have years to see them so good. The last two games are teaching the young Greek team how to rotate the ball. Their main strenght is their physical defence while are covering the lack of brilliance on offence with clever and simple TEAM bb. I believe Serbia would do well on the Euro. I want to see them tomorrow against the Liths to have a better judgment.
                  Russia seems a total dis-organisation, I doubt they can make the top 6. Lithuania too looks very disorganised but the Liths know well how to put the ball into the basket and after all, that is what counts. I cant wait to see them against the Serbians and Greeks. It would be a good measurement for the real strenght of all three teams.
                  I am not at all convinced by the Greek team yet. They keep having some 10 min every game that do play fab bb and Bourousis with Sofo play unstoppable bb, yet most of the time the whole team is battling with school-stuff mistakes. I must say though that I keep having the feeling when watching them that any min they would explode and destroy the opposition. I hope they reach the final against Spain and play that exploding bb on the day because I REALLY DONT WANT THE SPANISH TO TAKE THE GOLD
                  sigpic
                  GERA ELLADARA MOU!!!!!

Comment

Greece - Serbia

Code:

[URL]http://rapidshare.com/files/271098349/2009.08.24.Greece-Serbia.Acropolis.A.part1.rar[/URL]

[URL]http://rapidshare.com/files/271110356/2009.08.24.Greece-Serbia.Acropolis.A.part2.rar[/URL]

[URL]http://rapidshare.com/files/271117315/2009.08.24.Greece-Serbia.Acropolis.A.part3.rar[/URL]

[URL]http://rapidshare.com/files/271132724/2009.08.24.Greece-Serbia.Acropolis.B.part1.rar[/URL]

[URL]http://rapidshare.com/files/271142505/2009.08.24.Greece-Serbia.Acropolis.B.part2.rar[/URL]

[URL]http://rapidshare.com/files/271144180/2009.08.24.Greece-Serbia.Acropolis.B.part3.rar[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by sashikas View Post
                      The reffs in the fourth quater are somewhat pro-lithuanian.
                      Agree it certainly did seem that way and not just 4th qtr.

Still Jomantas shits me as he makes too many "silly" turnovers. Maybe when he slipped over it was a wet floor? Maybe he dribbled the ball to close to the line when it went out of bounds?
                      Last edited by Lietuvis; 08-25-2009, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Considering all that was said about him in this forum, I think Zisis deserves some compliments after the last few games.
                        He is a very responsible PG/SG, makes good decisions and play grate defense (like he always does).
                        It's all about his confidence. Now that he knows that he is a key player in the team he don't afraid to take responsibility from time to time and looks much better.
                        And as I said before, I like him more as a PG.
                        My Youtube channel

Comment

Originally posted by crazy green View Post

nice team serbia is creating.After some years i can see some light in the end for the serbia NT.
                          Unless if they sign big contracts with NBA and start playing the primadonna role again
                          "If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lietuvis View Post
                            Agree it certainly did seem that way and not just 4th qtr.

Still Jomantas shits me as he makes too many "silly" turnovers. Maybe when he slipped over it was a wet floor? Maybe he dribbled the ball to close to the line when it went out of bounds?
                            That slippery happened because he stepped on Shved's foot.

I guess if he will be running the point, we, Lithuanian fans, should be prepared for "Jomantas' situations" - charging fouls, when he pushes away his defender with the non-dribbling arm and the ballhandling turnovers.

Comment

Originally posted by ip84 View Post
                              Considering all that was said about him in this forum, I think Zisis deserves some compliments after the last few games.
                              He is a very responsible PG/SG, makes good decisions and play grate defense (like he always does).
                              It's all about his confidence. Now that he knows that he is a key player in the team he don't afraid to take responsibility from time to time and looks much better.
                              And as I said before, I like him more as a PG.
                              i agree on that.even if i critisized him in the past i have to admit he is looking in a better shape and much more confident.
                              again its too early for conclussions.the roles are not specific and we can see that.Kazlauskas is testing and the majority of the players cant find rythm when they play from 25m to 5 in the next match.some of them havent played in such games in their carreers and certaintly without trying to find rythm in 10 minutes time and trying to adjust(the problem that has to adjust Kalathes in PAO).greece maybe wont be favorite for the gold medal but they will have a good team in euro.We have days for all teams to get ready.

Originally posted by Gyroscope View Post
                              Unless if they sign big contracts with NBA and start playing the primadonna role again
                              you have a point here..its time for Euro clubs to protect their fortunes with a release clause.Not only clubs will hold them but also it will benefit players future and ...character...
                              1st in IBN 2018-2019
                              2nd in IBN 2016-2017
                              2nd in IBN 2015-2016
                              1st in IBN 2014-2015
                              2nd in IBN 2013-2014
                              2nd in IBN 2012-2013
                              2nd in IBN 2010-2011
                              3nd in IBN 2009-2010
                              1st in IBN 2008-2009
                              2nd in IBN 2007-2008

If you love player and team comparisons, please join me in my channels
                              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIT...JLx5BerQtam9_A
                              https://www.facebook.com/sport.rankings.10
                              @RankingsSport

Comment

Originally posted by sashikas View Post
                                I guess if he will be running the point, we, Lithuanian fans, should be prepared for "Jomantas' situations" - charging fouls, when he pushes away his defender with the non-dribbling arm and the ballhandling turnovers.
                                ball carrying - his favourite...
                                People don't come with instruction manuals, that's why to figure them out, you have to press their buttons...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information