Acropolis tournament '2009 including GRE, RUS, SRB and LTU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
    The game pretty good, I don't know what people expected. 70 points is a normal result, the game wasn't boring as the rest of the tournament. Refs helped Greece when Liths were ahead 10 points (in very ugly style), but this is it more or less. Butautas didn't learn from the game with Latvija when kept Jomantas in the game for the last minutes.

In my mind comes one thing- Greece lost Pap and DD (still has two of their best guards), but Lithuania lost all 4 best guards Šaras, Šiška, Kaukėnas, Macijauskas. So Greek friends shouldn't complain how they are playing without PG If only Liths had one of them, Greece would be in real trouble.
    If my mother had wheels instead of legs she would be a wheelchair...Liths were better man. ok whatever. Youwere great! A real contender for metals..like us. ok? Satisfied?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashtrusis_dantis View Post
      Don't wory we will discuss about our team, and you are not involved in that discussion. And of course we had to say - we were worse thats why we lost, referies were perfect... Don't do cloun from yourself.
      Mate in a forum i have the right to comment on any team. It is called right of speech.
      As for the rest i can make out what you are talking about. From everything i wrote you came out with the conclusion that i defended the refs? All i said is who cares when we were playing that bad anyway..Win lose here..it doesnt matter..what matters in the actual champioship and we are not prepared.

Comment

• Originally posted by obe31 View Post
        If my mother had wheels instead of legs she would be a wheelchair...Liths were better man. ok whatever. Youwere great! A real contender for metals..like us. ok? Satisfied?
        You seem not to understand something. For me it was probably the best Lithuanian game so far, at least on defense. And yes, after this game I feel a bit calmer considering our chances. We still have quite big reserves - our 3 point shooting will get better, and the turnovers should be cut somehow. How many reserves does Greek team actually have? Maybe they are contenders, I don't really know...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashtrusis_dantis View Post
          When? After that when you had 8 players on a field for min 3-4minutes of 4 quater? And these 3 extra players were damn good...
          Do you want a play-by-play analysis?

Comment

• Jesus…you guys slow down. It wasn’t a fluent game, that’s for sure. Maybe it was ugly as a shit, I don’t care – after few beers it wasn’t so bad at all as long as you support one of the teams. Refs sucks –what is new? Teams do not play well – who is going to remember this game as long as you win medals? Just bloody enjoy the game.I did
            And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

• Originally posted by kecal View Post
              You seem not to understand something. For me it was probably the best Lithuanian game so far, at least on defense. And yes, after this game I feel a bit calmer considering our chances. We still have quite big reserves - our 3 point shooting will get better, and the turnovers should be cut somehow. How many reserves does Greek team actually have? Maybe they are contenders, I don't really know...
              I would agree with you if you were playing with the best Greek team possible with your best team possible..but now? Chances against who? I am not that convinced that any of the two teams can content for the metals.
              Is this the Lithuania we came to know? Is this the Greece we all know? How can these teams be contenders for metals?
              No, Greece hasnt got reserves but what is your point? You proved that Lithuania is a better team than Greece? Ok. Greece at the moment sucks! How can you see this game against a team that played that bad and still think that you like your chances for a metal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gyroscope View Post
                It was a bad game to watch (like the rest of them in this tournament). I think the refs were bad, but not only against Lithuania (I know, it feels that way when it's your team ). OK, maybe there was a 52-48 for the Greek team, but in general the refs managed to piss both teams off, somehow.

About Greece, I am very, very troubled. If we count the Olympic qualifiers as a sample similar to Acropolis (not the same thing, I know), the difference is chaotic. Last year against Brazil, NZ, and Puerto Rico (not particularly worse than Russia, Lithuania, and Serbia) Greece was playing astronomical basketball, 10 times faster and more effective. This year, players give passes to ghosts and trip on their own shoes.

-The player in the best form, Sofo, managed to get injured
                -There is no PG in the team, let's face it
                -There is no SF in the team other than Perperoglou, let's face it
                -Tsaldaris, Kaimakoglou, Papanikolaou, Kalambokis, under normal circumstances would not be part of the team
                - Calathes and Koufos can't lead, it's obvious
                - Spanoulis can't do anything else but try to score, it's obvious
                - Bouroussis is still decent, but not as great offensively as last year.

I feel sorry for Kazla....It's like been taken to a fancy restaurant and then offered a Chinese take-out...
                Kaimakoglou played prety decent tonight, we haven't seen a lot from Papanikolaou, other than that, I'll agree with your points there.

Comment

• Originally posted by obe31 View Post
                  Yes, a real contenders. The nr.1 contenders after the Spain from these teams that I saw so far- Latvia, Slovenia, GB, Russia, Serbia, Greece. That's my opinion, Thanks.
                  LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                  Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                  Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Kazla is the unlucky guy here.

Think about it, they offer him the job, he thinks hell yeah I will have DD, Papaloukas, Vasilopoulos, Tsartsaris instead he get Tsaldaris, Calathes,Perperoglou (still looking for another SF)...he cant even have Papamakarios (i admit at a moment i really missed his playing)!

I like him as a coach, he doesnt complain, he doesnt make any excuses, he keeps his head down working until the actual Eurobasket...

Comment

• Originally posted by kecal View Post
                      Is this a "who has it bigger" discussion? Cause I can do this as good as you.

Greece will start hitting the threes, Spanoulis and Calathes won't turn the ball as much, the players will start moving around a bit and we'll probably get the gold in Poland.

See? Prety neat, aint it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Remon View Post
                        Is this a "who has it bigger" discussion? Cause I can do this as good as you.

Greece will start hitting the threes, Spanoulis and Calathes won't turn the ball as much, the players will start moving around a bit and we'll probably get the gold in Poland.

See? Prety neat, aint it?
                        Hahaha! And then I banged my head at the night table and woke up! Lol!

Hahaha!

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                          Yes, a real contenders. The nr.1 contenders after the Spain from these teams that I saw so far- Latvia, Slovenia, GB, Russia, Serbia, Greece. That's my opinion, Thanks.
                          Of course they are, a 3-man team, well 3 and a half........not that greece has more of course.....but I suggest to all Lithuanian fans to open their eyes
                          sigpic
                          GERA ELLADARA MOU!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by g.g View Post
                            Of course they are, a 3-man team, well 3 and a half........not that greece has more of course.....but I suggest to all Lithuanian fans to open their eyes
                            The thing with this Eurobasket is: Besides Spain, if Greece and Lithuania [I find both far from impressive so far] aren't medal contenders, then who is?

Comment

• Originally posted by robbe View Post
                              The thing with this Eurobasket is: Besides Spain, if Greece and Lithuania [I find both far from impressive so far] aren't medal contenders, then who is?
                              That is a very good question. To be honest, after i replied to StraightForward or Kecal I actually thought he had a point.
                              Both teams look bad but still noone else is there that at the moment plays better. Man this Eurobasket will suck in term of quality basketball.
                              I miss Siska, DD, Papaloukas, Novitski, Kirilenko, Holden and many others..

Comment

• Yeah I miss Stojakovic,Rakocevic,Pavlovic,Milicic etc get over itAll teams are missing players but look at the brighter side.There are bunch of young talented players who will get their chance in Poland. Future looks very bright.
                                UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information