Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 197

Thread: Acropolis tournament '2009 including GRE, RUS, SRB and LTU

  1. #1
    Senior Member sashikas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Vilnius
    Posts
    2,050
    Country: Lithuania

    Default Acropolis tournament '2009 including GRE, RUS, SRB and LTU

    23rd Acropolis tournament starts today in Athens. Four of the Eurobasket participants will be competing against each other for the trophy.

    The schedule of the tournament:

    August 24th
    Lithuania - Russia
    Greece - Serbia

    August 25th
    Serbia - Lithuania
    Greece - Russia

    August 26th
    Russia - Serbia
    Greece - Lithuania
    Last edited by sashikas; 08-24-2009 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Schedules fixed

  2. #2
    Senior Member Gyroscope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Does anyone have any internet links for the games?
    "If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?"

  3. #3
    Senior Member Basket_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    937
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sashikas View Post
    23rd Acropolis tournament starts today in Athens. Four of the Eurobasket participants will be competing against each other for the trophy.

    The schedule of the tournament:

    August 24th
    Lithuania - Russia
    Greece - Serbia

    August 25th
    Serbia - Russia
    Greece - Lithuania

    August 26th
    Lithuania - Serbia
    Greece - Russia
    According to this, Lithuana - Serbia will be on 25th and Lithuania - Greece on 26th.

  4. #4
    Senior Member sashikas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Vilnius
    Posts
    2,050
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Basket_ View Post
    According to this, Lithuana - Serbia will be on 25th and Lithuania - Greece on 26th.
    My sources were wrong. Now the schedules in the first post are fixed.

  5. #5
    Senior Member kecal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Vilnius
    Posts
    464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gyroscope View Post
    Does anyone have any internet links for the games?
    Try this one: http://freewebs.com/savastv/tv3kanalas.htm

    I guess it should work for all Lithuanian games...

  6. #6
    Senior Member KWSN-Men's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,199

    Default

    Lithuania-Russia

    Live boxscore here:

    http://www.galanissportsdata.com/bas...cro.asp?game=1

  7. #7
    Senior Member sashikas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Vilnius
    Posts
    2,050
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    The reffs in the fourth quater are somewhat pro-lithuanian.

  8. #8
    Senior Member sashikas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Vilnius
    Posts
    2,050
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Lithuania - Russia 78-61 FT

    Lavrinovič brothers were on their best today. Also Javtokas was huge in the third quater, when the major pull away took place. In the fourth quater russians tried to catch the runaway train, but the referees took several pro-lithuanian decisions (out of bounds after the Fridzon - Mačiulis fight for the ball; Jomantas' offensive foul against Shved and gentle Sokolov's fifth foul on Petravičius), and all the intrigue disappeared.

    Generally I liked the attitude in the defense, the guys were sweating out every second while defending their own basket. There were several not-so-good moments though (f.e. Delininkatis' screen to Javtokas in the first half; several Kleiza's lazy moments in the defense)

    What I didn't like was the absence and meaninglessness of our PGs tonight. Kalnietis was just the guy who brings up the ball to the opponents halfcourt, Mažutis did score a threepointer, but the team still is four against five in the offense, while he is doing the playmaking. Jomantas and Delininkaitis also were tried in the PG position tonight, but they weren't impressive as well.

    Jankūnas was the thirteenth guy tonight, and Butautas barely uses him when he is available. I guess he might be the guy, who will have to stay home, or travel to Poland by his own means. But I hope I am wrong. If I was the one to choose the left-out guy from tonights game, it would be Lukauskis.

  9. #9
    AlbionGate
    Guest

    Default

    Link to watch Greece-Serbia online.

    http://www.justin.tv/prasinapedia_2

  10. #10
    Member AskWazzup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    61
    Country: Aaland

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sashikas View Post
    If I was the one to choose the left-out guy from tonights game, it would be Lukauskis.
    I think that would be a bad call, since he is able to shoot buzzer beater type of three pointers in stressful situations. Though i couldn't single out anyone that is not worthy to be in the team (well maybe Kalnietis, but since we don't have any guards...), they are all pretty equal, with their strengths and weaknesses.

  11. #11
    Senior Member kecal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Vilnius
    Posts
    464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sashikas View Post
    Lithuania - Russia 78-61 FT

    Lavrinovič brothers were on their best today. Also Javtokas was huge in the third quater, when the major pull away took place. In the fourth quater russians tried to catch the runaway train, but the referees took several pro-lithuanian decisions (out of bounds after the Fridzon - Mačiulis fight for the ball; Jomantas' offensive foul against Shved and gentle Sokolov's fifth foul on Petravičius), and all the intrigue disappeared.

    Generally I liked the attitude in the defense, the guys were sweating out every second while defending their own basket. There were several not-so-good moments though (f.e. Delininkatis' screen to Javtokas in the first half; several Kleiza's lazy moments in the defense)

    What I didn't like was the absence and meaninglessness of our PGs tonight. Kalnietis was just the guy who brings up the ball to the opponents halfcourt, Mažutis did score a threepointer, but the team still is four against five in the offense, while he is doing the playmaking. Jomantas and Delininkaitis also were tried in the PG position tonight, but they weren't impressive as well.

    Jankūnas was the thirteenth guy tonight, and Butautas barely uses him when he is available. I guess he might be the guy, who will have to stay home, or travel to Poland by his own means. But I hope I am wrong. If I was the one to choose the left-out guy from tonights game, it would be Lukauskis.
    Jomantas has the best court vision of all our players, and this does really scare me.
    On the other hand, we do not have any PGs of higher class available, so we have to move on with what we have. Actually, I'm slowly changing my mind on Mažutis. I was thinking that he will be the 13th player, but he does not look like the worst of our guards at the moment, and he has one of the clearest functions of all the players (still not a starting five material in any case, when Kalnietis' mind is in the game).
    On the other hand, Jankūnas does not look to have any function. He's really talented, very solid worker, but he just doesn't do anything much better than any other frontline player. Javtokas, Petravičius and the Brothers together form very solid front line, that is not really thin, when we have Kleiza, Mačiulis and even Jomantas able to play some minutes as PF.
    Speaking about Lukauskis, we do know that he has allways been unstable. One game or even two do not mean much.
    On defense: this team has all the tools to be really good defensively. And that might be our biggest chance, because offense will surely suck from time to time. It's all on Butautas...

  12. #12
    Senior Member sashikas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Vilnius
    Posts
    2,050
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AskWazzup View Post
    I think that would be a bad call, since he is able to shoot buzzer beater type of three pointers in stressful situations.
    Did he score a single one tonight?

  13. #13
    Member AskWazzup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    61
    Country: Aaland

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sashikas View Post
    Did he score a single one tonight?
    I didn't notice. But i still stand by my point - he's not afraid to, and he can shoot crucial shots (something he has proven before).

  14. #14
    Senior Member sashikas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Vilnius
    Posts
    2,050
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    What's wrong with Ivkovič's arm? Did he hit somebody?

  15. #15
    Senior Member Gyroscope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Is it my impression or as the days go by Koufos gets worse instead of better?
    "If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?"

  16. #16
    Senior Member fasoulaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,745
    Country: Germany

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gyroscope View Post
    Is it my impression or as the days go by Koufos gets worse instead of better?
    He is to soft in defense and in offense as well. Often he does not jump to the rebound and he does not even raise his hands.

  17. #17
    Senior Member CG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    6,645
    Country: Greece

    Default

    relax guys
    you are watching friendlys again.
    most of the players havent played together.so each logical to play one day good and the other day bad.
    dont fell to the trap of one day perperoglou plays bad and he is an average player while the other day which plays good becomes the SF that greece searching.
    Koufos has talent but needs time to adjust to his role (like the majority of greece NT players which dont know their)and one or two or three games cannot change that.
    have faith

    nice team serbia is creating.After some years i can see some light in the end for the serbia NT.
    nothing else to mention.these 2 teams know so well each other since if i am not mistaken have played 3 games this week so each team matched up well the other.just that they have potencial and i am sure they will go well in the euro
    Last edited by CG; 08-24-2009 at 09:15 PM.
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2016-2017
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2015-2016
    1st in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2014-2015
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2013-2014
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2012-2013
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2010-2011
    3nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2009-2010
    1st in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2008-2009
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2007-2008

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,167

    Default

    Raduljica should be our starting center.Krstic is so terrible. Injury really killed his career We don't have shooter that we can relay on.I wish we have Peja or Pavlovic on our team
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

  19. #19
    Senior Member robbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,359

    Default

    It was a bad game, even for friendly, imo. Greece is making uncharacteristic mistakes, I still have to get used to seeing the new young Greece play, without all those veterans. Bouroussis seems to be the only really reliable guy on that team. Spanoulis has set his mindset on scoring. He does that brilliantly, but the slick halfcourt passing seems to be gone. Calathes without self-confidence, maybe lost it because he's not starting anymore. Young players with American background are sensitive in that aspect, even old ones are. Or, more likely, everyone was a bit overenthusiastic after easy games against Romania and Latvia. Serbian players are young but already experienced, and very physical. It's a different game playing against those guys.

    Don't want to draw too early conclusions though.

    Serbia, another intersting young team, I like them, even if they lack a bit on the PG position and even if Kristic indeed plays like 38 year old. Trio of power forwards, Velickovic, Macvan, Erceg, very impressive, there won't be any problems in the future.

    Considering the lack of real contenders behind Spain, who knows, both teams might show up in the semis.

    Lithuania looks bound for 5-8 with that roster. They'd be the 2nd strongest team with Saras, but without him nobody can create an offense for them. Even the Lavrinovic brothers are only worth half when they don't have someone who provides them with open looks. In general, 3-5 positions are solid, Lukauskis, Delininkaitis, Jasaitis is not bad either to play alongside a great point guard. One man makes the difference.

    Kleiza has a bad game every time I watch him play for Lithuania.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    Wow based on these two games these teams look awful.

    Russia - they look completely lost and baffled on offense. No hope for them at all if they are going to play like that. Just terrible.

    Lithuania - They look like they will be fighting just to make one of the 6 spots to qualify for the World Championship. Their point guard position is really terrible and that is the most important position.

    Greece - Basically the entire team is Spanoulis and his sidekick Zisis, with a little Bourousis and Sofo added in. But Sofo can only play 15 minutes and Bourousis is a foul machine. Calathes and Koufos look totally overwhelmed.

    Serbia - Deep team, physical, lots of good role players but not one guy that stands out even in the slightest bit. Teodosic appears to be the leader on offense and they seemed doomed to be a team that will have to win games by holding the other team in the 60s in points.

    It seems Greece is the strongest of these 4 clubs but none of them look up to challenging a team like Spain.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •