Acropolis tournament '2009 including GRE, RUS, SRB and LTU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sabz View Post
    What do you guys think of the Lithuania-Serbia match? Is Lithuania really a heavy favorite here? Any predictions?
    according to what i saw yesterday Serbia will win it
    1st in IBN 2018-2019
    2nd in IBN 2016-2017
    2nd in IBN 2015-2016
    1st in IBN 2014-2015
    2nd in IBN 2013-2014
    2nd in IBN 2012-2013
    2nd in IBN 2010-2011
    3nd in IBN 2009-2010
    1st in IBN 2008-2009
    2nd in IBN 2007-2008

If you love player and team comparisons, please join me in my channels
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIT...JLx5BerQtam9_A
    https://www.facebook.com/sport.rankings.10
    @RankingsSport

Comment

The lack of a true point guard and a quality shooting guard in our team is painfully obvious....

Comment

I just love the way Lithuanian bigs play. I mean all of them are strong go for every single rebound, take it strong to the hole and are not afraid of contact, and have a sweet stroke.
        My homage to The heroes:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

Originally posted by FIBA Europe Basket View Post
          Spanoulis same thing, he has to be almost a one man show for Greece. Obviously he is the best player Greece has by quite a lot.
          Although I like most of your quotes, you are stating the above quite often and this is simply just wrong

Greece's best player is Bourousis and he is so much better than the rest of the team that if he doesn't play, Greece is just an average, unreliable team. A team of a different level

This Spanoulis statement might be more valid, if you state that he is the team's most important player. Once again, it is not completely true, but it is closer to the reality, simply because of Papaloukas' and (mainly) Diamantidis' absences. These guards are far superior to both Spanoulis and Zisis when it comes to organizing a game. And, yes, both the present team "leaders" are ball-hogs. Maybe this does make some sense, because of the absences and the lack of a truely creative SF (Perperoglou is more of a shooter), but it is more than annoying and predictable to have the two guards always looking for each other and not the rest of the team. They have been monopolising shots throughout the friendly games and this is going to cost Kazlauskas a lot in the tournament

A small ball case wouldn't be out of the question, as Calathes (with all his lack of experience, lack of Euroball knowledge, young age, instability etc) is a creative player and a trustworthy shooter who could run the point and create easy baskets for Spanoulis and Zisis. But, he is no Papaloukas or Diamantidis and so far, it doesn't look possible for all three of them to be on the floor at the same time. I am just curious, though. Shouldn't it be considered an option, since so far I haven't seen something working in the Greek perimeter?
          Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Comment

Does anyone have the rebounding numbers for the game? I just wanna know how many off.rebounds Lithuania had
            My homage to The heroes:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

and Serbia won it by 78-70
              1st in IBN 2018-2019
              2nd in IBN 2016-2017
              2nd in IBN 2015-2016
              1st in IBN 2014-2015
              2nd in IBN 2013-2014
              2nd in IBN 2012-2013
              2nd in IBN 2010-2011
              3nd in IBN 2009-2010
              1st in IBN 2008-2009
              2nd in IBN 2007-2008

If you love player and team comparisons, please join me in my channels
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIT...JLx5BerQtam9_A
              https://www.facebook.com/sport.rankings.10
              @RankingsSport

Comment

Originally posted by Alyosha12 View Post
                Does anyone have the rebounding numbers for the game? I just wanna know how many off.rebounds Lithuania had
                Lithuania 18 off.reb (tot 46), Serbia 8 (tot 29)

Comment

Originally posted by Alyosha12 View Post

Serbia finished with 21-8 and Lithuania with 28-18.

Comment

Our players shot really terrible today (2-26 three pointers if i'm not mistaken), though, all in all, i liked the gameplay especially our defense in the third and fourth quaters.

Comment

Originally posted by Migelitas View Post
                      Lithuania 18 off.reb (tot 46), Serbia 8 (tot 29)

http://www.galanissportsdata.com/bas...cro.asp?game=3

Damn you, by 1 minute.

Comment

Originally posted by wardjdim View Post
                        Although I like most of your quotes, you are stating the above quite often and this is simply just wrong

Greece's best player is Bourousis and he is so much better than the rest of the team that if he doesn't play, Greece is just an average, unreliable team. A team of a different level

This Spanoulis statement might be more valid, if you state that he is the team's most important player. Once again, it is not completely true, but it is closer to the reality, simply because of Papaloukas' and (mainly) Diamantidis' absences. These guards are far superior to both Spanoulis and Zisis when it comes to organizing a game. And, yes, both the present team "leaders" are ball-hogs. Maybe this does make some sense, because of the absences and the lack of a truely creative SF (Perperoglou is more of a shooter), but it is more than annoying and predictable to have the two guards always looking for each other and not the rest of the team. They have been monopolising shots throughout the friendly games and this is going to cost Kazlauskas a lot in the tournament

A small ball case wouldn't be out of the question, as Calathes (with all his lack of experience, lack of Euroball knowledge, young age, instability etc) is a creative player and a trustworthy shooter who could run the point and create easy baskets for Spanoulis and Zisis. But, he is no Papaloukas or Diamantidis and so far, it doesn't look possible for all three of them to be on the floor at the same time. I am just curious, though. Shouldn't it be considered an option, since so far I haven't seen something working in the Greek perimeter?
                        I agree that Zisis and Spanoulis are being ball hogs, however I disagree that Bourousis is the best player on Greece. Clearly, Spanoulis is Greece's best player and it seems others in the thread agree with that.

As far as Calathes goes I am not sure he is a reliable shooter as you say. His shot looks pretty flat and inconsistent. Your idea though of Greece playing 3 guards is definitely something that Kazlauskas should consider. Zisis would defend the opposing small forwards probably fairly decently. However if Greece did that Tsaldaris and Kalambokis would have to step in and contribute coming off the bench as backups at point guard and shooting guard and Kazlauskas seems to not even be playing them.

Comment

Originally posted by AskWazzup View Post
                          The lack of a true point guard and a quality shooting guard in our team is painfully obvious....
                          Well I guess we know the result of no Rimas, Siskas, Sharas.

Comment

Originally posted by AskWazzup View Post
                            Macijaushkas whereabouts nowadays? petrifying player.

Comment

Originally posted by Wu-Tang View Post
                              Macijaushkas whereabouts nowadays? petrifying player.
                              He could not attend due to legal problems with olympiacos (at least that's what i heard).

Comment

Terrible team rebounding today.We didn't adjust to Lithuanian awful shootingMan Lithuania lives and dyes with 3 point shooting.
                                UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information