Acropolis tournament '2009 including GRE, RUS, SRB and LTU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acropolis tournament '2009 including GRE, RUS, SRB and LTU

23rd Acropolis tournament starts today in Athens. Four of the Eurobasket participants will be competing against each other for the trophy.

The schedule of the tournament:

August 24th
    Lithuania - Russia
    Greece - Serbia

August 25th
    Serbia - Lithuania
    Greece - Russia

August 26th
    Russia - Serbia
    Greece - Lithuania
    Last edited by sashikas; 08-24-2009, 04:13 PM. Reason: Schedules fixed

Does anyone have any internet links for the games?
    "If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?"

Comment

Originally posted by sashikas View Post
      23rd Acropolis tournament starts today in Athens. Four of the Eurobasket participants will be competing against each other for the trophy.

The schedule of the tournament:

August 24th
      Lithuania - Russia
      Greece - Serbia

August 25th
      Serbia - Russia
      Greece - Lithuania

August 26th
      Lithuania - Serbia
      Greece - Russia
      According to this, Lithuana - Serbia will be on 25th and Lithuania - Greece on 26th.

Comment

Originally posted by Basket_ View Post
        According to this, Lithuana - Serbia will be on 25th and Lithuania - Greece on 26th.
        My sources were wrong. Now the schedules in the first post are fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Gyroscope View Post
          Does anyone have any internet links for the games?
          Try this one: http://freewebs.com/savastv/tv3kanalas.htm

I guess it should work for all Lithuanian games...

Comment

Lithuania-Russia

Live boxscore here:

Comment

The reffs in the fourth quater are somewhat pro-lithuanian.

Comment

Lithuania - Russia 78-61 FT

Lavrinovič brothers were on their best today. Also Javtokas was huge in the third quater, when the major pull away took place. In the fourth quater russians tried to catch the runaway train, but the referees took several pro-lithuanian decisions (out of bounds after the Fridzon - Mačiulis fight for the ball; Jomantas' offensive foul against Shved and gentle Sokolov's fifth foul on Petravičius), and all the intrigue disappeared.

Generally I liked the attitude in the defense, the guys were sweating out every second while defending their own basket. There were several not-so-good moments though (f.e. Delininkatis' screen to Javtokas in the first half; several Kleiza's lazy moments in the defense)

What I didn't like was the absence and meaninglessness of our PGs tonight. Kalnietis was just the guy who brings up the ball to the opponents halfcourt, Mažutis did score a threepointer, but the team still is four against five in the offense, while he is doing the playmaking. Jomantas and Delininkaitis also were tried in the PG position tonight, but they weren't impressive as well.

Jankūnas was the thirteenth guy tonight, and Butautas barely uses him when he is available. I guess he might be the guy, who will have to stay home, or travel to Poland by his own means. But I hope I am wrong. If I was the one to choose the left-out guy from tonights game, it would be Lukauskis.

Comment

Link to watch Greece-Serbia online.

Comment

If I was the one to choose the left-out guy from tonights game, it would be Lukauskis.
                    I think that would be a bad call, since he is able to shoot buzzer beater type of three pointers in stressful situations. Though i couldn't single out anyone that is not worthy to be in the team (well maybe Kalnietis, but since we don't have any guards...), they are all pretty equal, with their strengths and weaknesses.

Comment

Lithuania - Russia 78-61 FT

Lavrinovič brothers were on their best today. Also Javtokas was huge in the third quater, when the major pull away took place. In the fourth quater russians tried to catch the runaway train, but the referees took several pro-lithuanian decisions (out of bounds after the Fridzon - Mačiulis fight for the ball; Jomantas' offensive foul against Shved and gentle Sokolov's fifth foul on Petravičius), and all the intrigue disappeared.

Generally I liked the attitude in the defense, the guys were sweating out every second while defending their own basket. There were several not-so-good moments though (f.e. Delininkatis' screen to Javtokas in the first half; several Kleiza's lazy moments in the defense)

What I didn't like was the absence and meaninglessness of our PGs tonight. Kalnietis was just the guy who brings up the ball to the opponents halfcourt, Mažutis did score a threepointer, but the team still is four against five in the offense, while he is doing the playmaking. Jomantas and Delininkaitis also were tried in the PG position tonight, but they weren't impressive as well.

Jankūnas was the thirteenth guy tonight, and Butautas barely uses him when he is available. I guess he might be the guy, who will have to stay home, or travel to Poland by his own means. But I hope I am wrong. If I was the one to choose the left-out guy from tonights game, it would be Lukauskis.
                      Jomantas has the best court vision of all our players, and this does really scare me.
                      On the other hand, we do not have any PGs of higher class available, so we have to move on with what we have. Actually, I'm slowly changing my mind on Mažutis. I was thinking that he will be the 13th player, but he does not look like the worst of our guards at the moment, and he has one of the clearest functions of all the players (still not a starting five material in any case, when Kalnietis' mind is in the game).
                      On the other hand, Jankūnas does not look to have any function. He's really talented, very solid worker, but he just doesn't do anything much better than any other frontline player. Javtokas, Petravičius and the Brothers together form very solid front line, that is not really thin, when we have Kleiza, Mačiulis and even Jomantas able to play some minutes as PF.
                      Speaking about Lukauskis, we do know that he has allways been unstable. One game or even two do not mean much.
                      On defense: this team has all the tools to be really good defensively. And that might be our biggest chance, because offense will surely suck from time to time. It's all on Butautas...

Comment

Originally posted by AskWazzup View Post
                        I think that would be a bad call, since he is able to shoot buzzer beater type of three pointers in stressful situations.
                        Did he score a single one tonight?

Comment

Did he score a single one tonight?
                          I didn't notice. But i still stand by my point - he's not afraid to, and he can shoot crucial shots (something he has proven before).

Comment

What's wrong with Ivkovič's arm? Did he hit somebody?

Comment

Is it my impression or as the days go by Koufos gets worse instead of better?
                              "If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?"

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information