No announcement yet.

Best Hoop Movies of All-time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot the title of a Hallmark movie where a African American kid in his senior year in high - school was a scrub in basketball but was offered by the junk shop owner a pair of retro sneakers owned by MJ. Poof, the kid got better as MJ was divine and the sneakers had magical powers once you wear it.

In the end, the kid learned the value of his persona's essence and gave up a varsity scholarship for a math scholarship.

Also, does the "Year of the Yao" coun't? I know its a documentary of Yao's semi - biography and his life on the NBA but was shown world wide, even here on the Philippines.

Comment

guys..you forgot..the movie..Glory Road
      I bought the DVD from Recto and its one of the best sports movies I've ever seen. hik hik. there was an interview showing Pat Riley after the ending credits.
      It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
      I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by saints13 View Post

I bought the DVD from Recto and its one of the best sports movies I've ever seen. hik hik. there was an interview showing Pat Riley after the ending credits.

Torrenting
        now it actually
        If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Originally posted by saints13 View Post

i was about to post this one glory road is definitely one of the best besides, the movie about the life of earl the "goat" manigault...
          KANINYA,CHIBAY,LANCHIAW BIN!

Comment

Hoop Dreams and it really isn't even that close in my opinion.
            http://BuckeyeBallers.Blogspot.com

Comment

Here is the trailer of Hoop Dreams
              Steve Mutha'f'in James is the man! Him and Kevin Macdonald are my two favorite doc filmmakers because they can actually direct a feature also. This is the tr...

Siskel and Ebert about the movie:
              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Critics about the movie:
              Every school day, African-American teenagers William Gates and Arthur Agee travel 90 minutes each way from inner-city Chicago to St. Joseph High School in Westchester, Illinois, a predominately white suburban school well-known for the excellence of its basketball program. Gates and Agee dream of NBA stardom, and with the support of their close-knit families, they battle the social and physical obstacles that stand in their way. This acclaimed documentary was shot over the course of five years.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glory_Road_%28film%29

"Glory Road" because of the true story and of course because it's about an historical match which changed the status of basketball and society.

Basketball is ΒΕΥΟΝD the NATIONS!

Comment

Hey guys may be one of you can help me. I am looking for a title of a basketball documentary about 5 or something players from the US going to play in Europe.
                  I know bennett davidson is representing the player from Italy but i forgot the name of the movie, any help?
                  My homage to The heroes:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

I find American History X as one of the great basketball movies I can never forget. Here are some of the basketball trailers and scenes from the movie:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

In fact, the whole movie is built around a basketball story, a basketball game that led to huge tensions, killing of the black basketball player as revenge, prison basketball the lead role plays with the black prisoners, the basketball conversations with his new friend in the laundry room (Celtics vs the Lakers)... An amazing film.

Official trailer:

Chance to see the whole movie:
                    Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4:

Part 5:

Part 6:

Part 7:

Part 8:

Part 9:

Part 10:

Part 11:

Part 12:

Part 13:
                    Last edited by worldbasketball; 08-29-2009, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Not sure I would qualify American History X as a basketball movie, more as a movie with important scenes involving basketball.
                      Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Here's a great link to basketball movies in chronological order and with very helpful comments actually

Consult this is a memory aid to pick what you really like

Comment

"Only Brothers" is a touching and gripping story of Drazen Petrovic and Vlade Divac and other stars of the Yugoslav basketball team, how war separated them, their life in the States and back home, Drazen's death and Vlade Divac remorse over a friend who was once a brother an directed by Michael Tolajian for an ESPN series in 2010. The precious footage speaks volumes and the testimonies and memories of good and bad times will just overwhelm you. RIP Drazen

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information