This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the end of a Legend?

Do you think this is the end of the game time of Fadi (Personally NO DISRESPECT to him, he is a brilliant player with a gentle and friendly nature. Probably the best forward in Asia Ever. Moreover he has been very nice with me ). These is what I saw.

2007:

MPG:37.5
    PPG: 27.3
    RPG:6.1
    APG:2.3
    PTS: 218
    FG%: 55
    3P%: 36.7
    FT%: 85.2

2nd top scorer in tournament.
    Least score in a match : Vs Japan, 29 min, 17 pts.
    Highest Score: Vs Korea, 40 min, 32 points.

MPG: 31.2
    PPG: 13.4
    RPG:4.7
    APG:2.7
    PTS: 121
    FG%: 48.7
    3P%: 34.5
    FT%: 75.6

17th highest scorer in tournament.
    Least score in a match : Vs China, 26 min, 2 pts.
    Highest Score: Vs Indonesia, 32 min, 29 points.

And moreover some good teams and players were missed in this tourney, Micheal Mandaley being the one stars. As a footnote, I would like to add is the standard of this years Asia Basket gone down? Your views.....

Last edited by yudhistir; 08-17-2009, 08:04 AM.
    The whole life is summarized in two things;

Hankering for what we don't have
    and
    Lamenting for we have lost

-Srila Prabhupada

www.indiabasket.net: India's top basketball site

Dont worry about him..
    He was out of shape that's all and he was under order from the coach to play with the team so the team would have some kind of chemistry bcz tehre is 2-3 new players(originaly from lebanon)..
    And the asain standards have went up not down..You see Before this year nobody on Asia could be a real challenge for china..As for this year this have been prooven WRONG..Lebanon lost 1 time Vs China by 3 points and missed at last seconds a 3 point shot and in the semi-finals.If $$ didnt talk Lebanon would have won So standards are going up and Leabnon is most likely to get w WC for turkey..
    As for Iran its still the same lame old iran ,the only reason they won is because china was tired from the match Vs Leabnon in the day before.
    Last edited by Bob Hk; 08-17-2009, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hk View Post
      Dont worry about him..
      He was out of shape that's all and he was under order from the coach to play with the team so the team would have some kind of chemistry bcz tehre is 2-3 new players(originaly from lebanon)..
      And the asain standards have went up not down..You see Before this year nobody on Asia could be a real challenge for china..As for this year this have been prooven WRONG..Lebanon lost 1 time Vs China by 3 points and missed at last seconds a 3 point shot and in the semi-finals.If $$ didnt talk Lebanon would have won So standards are going up and Leabnon is most likely to get w WC for turkey..
      As for Iran its still the same lame old iran ,the only reason they won is because china was tired from the match Vs Leabnon in the day before.
      Haha, you're pathetic.
      First of all, Lebanon wouldn't have a chance against Iran.. Iran crushed the same team Lebanon lost to twice and then once vs Jordan who beat Lebanon twice as well.

And what is this crap about China losing just because they were tired? Haha, so Iran didn't play the a game the day before like China, ha? They played the semi's the same day and Iran's game vs. Jordan was even closer, don't be retarded.

You should be glad China won against Lebanon because Iran would have busted some Lebanese butt...

Comment

fadi is not over but he must lose some weight he used playy when he was in his 20 s with 108 kg he cant play in his 30 s with 108 kg since his athletic abilty is not the same as before so loosing some kgs will get him back

Comment

Originally posted by yudhistir View Post
          Do you think this is the end of the game time of Fadi (Personally NO DISRESPECT to him, he is a brilliant player with a gentle and friendly nature. Probably the best forward in Asia Ever. Moreover he has been very nice with me ). These is what I saw.

2007:

MPG:37.5
          PPG: 27.3
          RPG:6.1
          APG:2.3
          PTS: 218
          FG%: 55
          3P%: 36.7
          FT%: 85.2

2nd top scorer in tournament.
          Least score in a match : Vs Japan, 29 min, 17 pts.
          Highest Score: Vs Korea, 40 min, 32 points.

MPG: 31.2
          PPG: 13.4
          RPG:4.7
          APG:2.7
          PTS: 121
          FG%: 48.7
          3P%: 34.5
          FT%: 75.6

17th highest scorer in tournament.
          Least score in a match : Vs China, 26 min, 2 pts.
          Highest Score: Vs Indonesia, 32 min, 29 points.

And moreover some good teams and players were missed in this tourney, Micheal Mandaley being the one stars. As a footnote, I would like to add is the standard of this years Asia Basket gone down? Your views.....

Nope, there is more talent on the iranian team, and because they were the defending champs, players trusted each other more. Also there are 40 minutes of play time in a game, Fadi averaged 37 in 2007 and 31 in 2009. his best scoring game in 2007 he scored 32 in 40 minutes but on 8 less minutes in 2009 he scored just 3 less. As far as Im concerned, 2009 Fadi is better than 2007.
          Originally posted by J-Mart
          the land of the free and the home of the brave is the greatest joke I've ever heard. There is no such thing as liberty and the american dream is more overrated than Japeth Aguilar was when u guys found he was a pinoy
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by saalsapr View Post
            Nope, there is more talent on the iranian team, and because they were the defending champs, players trusted each other more. Also there are 40 minutes of play time in a game, Fadi averaged 37 in 2007 and 31 in 2009. his best scoring game in 2007 he scored 32 in 40 minutes but on 8 less minutes in 2009 he scored just 3 less. As far as Im concerned, 2009 Fadi is better than 2007.
            I forgot to mention proof that the Iranian trusted each other more in 2009. Look at Fhadis assists average. It was better in 2009 than 2007 even though 2007 Fhadi averaged 6 more minutes.
            Originally posted by J-Mart
            the land of the free and the home of the brave is the greatest joke I've ever heard. There is no such thing as liberty and the american dream is more overrated than Japeth Aguilar was when u guys found he was a pinoy
            sigpic

Comment

[English or provide translation]

back to topic, i think yes , fadi is dead , from the way he was shooting. When he shot in the past, he couldn t BUT MAKE IT, now it seems he s unreliable when he shoots :/
              Last edited by rikhardur; 08-17-2009, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by saalsapr View Post
                uh...... hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha Fadi El Khatib isn't Iranian

He's Lebanese

Comment

I don't care if there's a Fadi El Khatib haters in here... all I can say is that he was Lebanon's basketball: "The Best There Was! The Best There Is! The Best There Will Ever Be!"... he is one of my first favourite players outside the Philippines, the NBA and the Australian NBL...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hk View Post
                    Dont worry about him..
                    And btw, Iran faced Jordan in semi-final and Jordan won twice vs Lebanon in the tournament and it was a closer game as well so if someone should be tired in the finals it should have been Iran. You son, you're living in your own world.

Comment

Originally posted by donmar View Post

I don't care if there's a Fadi El Khatib haters in here... all I can say is that he was Lebanon's basketball: "The Best There Was! The Best There Is! The Best There Will Ever Be!"... he is one of my first favourite players outside the Philippines, the NBA and the Australian NBL...
                      man well said...i agree 100%...fadi will remain the best player and he can play till 2014 but he has to control his weight....i hope we get next year's wild card...
                      with another system of coaching....fadi can definitely shine again
                      History will write --> "In 2009, China stole the asian cup from Lebanon"

Comment

fadi el khatib is over... in 2014 he will not be able to walk ... thx for him for everything he did with the NT... now his role is over..
                        check these websites

lebanon basketball NT new design

Comment

Speaking from a Philippine fan perspective, he has done his share for Lebanon. If he retires from international competition, hopefully people will not remember him for his performance in this year's edition but his entire contribution for his entire career.

We got to know him here because of the Lebanon-Philippines exhibition games and i can say without a doubt that he earned the respect of basketball fans here.
                          If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Wow that picture in this thead looks nothing like how he looked in this past ABC. Drop like 20 pounds of fat and put on some muscle and he'll probably last till at least after the next olympics.

Comment

Well to be honest Fadi is far from being done yet!!he had a bad championship
                              but its not over yet..he is 30 now he can still give at least 4 years wit no problems at all before he starts dropping...i know for sure that Fadi is one of those player that work very hard on them selves thats why he reached this level...he works out every day for 6-7 hours (gym $ basketball training)..anyway he had several problems this year in his league and he gaind weight..by next eason he will be ok...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information