Final FIBA Asia Standings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jxuusa View Post
    What were the rankings like before this tournament again? Like be good to see a side-by-side comparision and see who went up, who dropped, etc.
    RP team was 62nd and now went up to 52nd...

you can check fibas website for rankings.. there's an arrow sign there to let you know who went up and who went down...

Comment

Originally posted by rocketstar47 View Post
      we are proud to be in the top 8
      even our NT is not prepared well
      to this championships

MABUHAY PINAS
      hehe...partida ba?

translation: I do not know the english word for "partida"..

Comment

Originally posted by rhk111 View Post
        You gotta hand it to the Taiwanese: They worked had CONSISTENTLY all throughout the tournament, and despite some setbacks (including losing to our team), they never gave up, continued to play and work hard, and was able to maintain their 2007 ranking of fifth place overall.

They even ended up ranking higher than us, and beating the Qatari team, which beat us badly.

Congratulations to the Taiwan National Team, they have a team they can be truly proud of.
        I watched Chinese Taipei. I noticed that their players are fond of doing NBA like moves but also trying to play like Korea. Are they trying to combine??

Comment

were down to 53, I don't know why did are standings changed
          you know why I am happy

Comment

Originally posted by rhk111 View Post
            You gotta hand it to the Taiwanese...

Congratulations to the Taiwan National Team, they have a team they can be truly proud of.
            unlike the team that finished 8th.
            You've got to have it to win it

Comment

Originally posted by b3lowzro View Post
              were down to 53, I don't know why did are standings changed
              i think it has to do with the recent african championships.

some teams earned some points too.
              You've got to have it to win it

Comment

Originally posted by bestkept View Post
                I watched Chinese Taipei. I noticed that their players are fond of doing NBA like moves but also trying to play like Korea. Are they trying to combine??
                They had run n' gun type of game for offense and when defense cought up, they turn into half court triple post kind of play, with Lee and Tseng doing the pick and roll, then if Tzeng was defended he'd pass it to another player coming from the weak side to score the point. Defensively they play zone D with emphasis on harrassment on opponents ball handler and to actively cut the anticipated passing balls which may turn to another fast break easy points for them. Its nothing new, just the way how Koreans play when they had no Ha, this style of game fits quite well for shorter players like CT. After seeing how CT performed, I am wondering with height disadvantage around, will Toroman really be able to instill his euro style to the new RP team? small but agile plus good individual skills.....maybe RP should find a Korean coach instead?
                Crouchy 1 : Durden 0, IUHL 0, roadtolondon 0, batman, 0, azrael 0, beastly 0

Comment

Originally posted by crouchingtiger View Post
                  They had run n' gun type of game for offense and when defense cought up, they turn into half court triple post kind of play, with Lee and Tseng doing the pick and roll, then if Tzeng was defended he'd pass it to another player coming from the weak side to score the point. Defensively they play zone D with emphasis on harrassment on opponents ball handler and to actively cut the anticipated passing balls which may turn to another fast break easy points for them. Its nothing new, just the way how Koreans play when they had no Ha, this style of game fits quite well for shorter players like CT. After seeing how CT performed, I am wondering with height disadvantage around, will Toroman really be able to instill his euro style to the new RP team? small but agile plus good individual skills.....maybe RP should find a Korean coach instead?
                  In the FIBA Champions cup, Smart Gilas reinforced by Giles defeated Div.2 Champion SangMoo Phoenix of Korea which was reinforced by 4 or 5 NT players by 14 pts in the 1st game and by 20 pts in the battle for 5th place. They're doing just fine with the euro style.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBluePinoy View Post
                    In the FIBA Champions cup, Smart Gilas reinforced by Giles defeated Div.2 Champion SangMoo Phoenix of Korea which was reinforced by 4 or 5 NT players by 14 pts in the 1st game and by 20 pts in the battle for 5th place. They're doing just fine with the euro style.
                    I can't say that cuz I have not seen any play of Smart Gilas. But what I am trying to say is that euro style will fit west asian countries cuz they have tall, physical players in their population pool, Phil don't. Even if Smart would work out, how long will it last? I am sure FIBA will start to get stricter on the naturalized player issue, RP can't rely on naturalized player forever, isn't it? I don't think you can work out an effective euro style of game with the absence of height and physicality.
                    Crouchy 1 : Durden 0, IUHL 0, roadtolondon 0, batman, 0, azrael 0, beastly 0

Comment

Originally posted by crouchingtiger View Post
                      I can't say that cuz I have not seen any play of Smart Gilas. But what I am trying to say is that euro style will fit west asian countries cuz they have tall, physical players in their population pool, Phil don't. Even if Smart would work out, how long will it last? I am sure FIBA will start to get stricter on the naturalized player issue, RP can't rely on naturalized player forever, isn't it? I don't think you can work out an effective euro style of game with the absence of height and physicality.
                      With regards to naturalizing CJ Giles it is only for the "short term". Have you not been backreading with regards to that issue? And with regards to the style that will fit RP "perfectly", Serbian coach Djurovic advised the SBP that one single style will not be effective as it may not fully compliment the physical attribute of most Filipino players. He proposed that RP should play 40% american, 40% european, and 20% asian type basketball. He also reiterated that our local players will have to change their entire mentality of the game altogether.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information