This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doggfrenzy View Post
    No, Americans excel at basketball; you suck at basketball. But you excel at recruiting 2nd tier American players.
    Sorry Canadian .. when did your country exist..ha.. how many foriegner sports players have you naturalized..

Comment

Lebanese friends...I was just curious with the title, I want to see the video for myself. the call was arguable, especially if you are a Lebanese fan, but from a non-Lebanese like me, from what I saw on the video there was a soft contact or a light contact on the jump shooter. From the way he threw the ball, it showed that his shooting form (the arms) were slightly disturbed (I don't know the correct term, pardon). Well, it could have been the other way around if the referees didn't blew their whistle. as you guys always say, hard luck.
      It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
      I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

I feel for Lebanon, that's a shit call to lose on. Even if it was a foul it's not one you typically call especially in a tight game in the last minute.

That said all this nonsense 'history will remember us as the best in asia' and declaring yourself champion has got to stop. It makes Lebanon's fans sound supremely arrogant. You've already lost twice in this tournament, Iran's still unbeaten, and Jordan's 1-0 against you. I'd focus on the game tonight and getting to the WC and then think about what might have been.
        Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Originally posted by saints13 View Post
          Lebanese friends...I was just curious with the title, I want to see the video for myself. the call was arguable, especially if you are a Lebanese fan, but from a non-Lebanese like me, from what I saw on the video there was a soft contact or a light contact on the jump shooter. From the way he threw the ball, it showed that his shooting form (the arms) were slightly disturbed (I don't know the correct term, pardon). Well, it could have been the other way around if the referees didn't blew their whistle. as you guys always say, hard luck.

It is not just about this wistle..
          it is the non counted fouls agains vroman(Hit on the eye)..
          the push by Yi to mahmoud..
          the push by 10 on friegie..
          catching the shirt of freige from behind...
          The no foul called on freige agaunst wang..
          the offensive foul called on abd alnour while the defender was moving..
          The clean block for bshara called as a foul..
          the forcing on Yi called as traveling..
          The foul agianst vroman wen he scored on the fast break(not called)..
          the foul on mazen when he and freije double teamed the chinesse player..

The only wrong calls for lebanon favor were a travel on fadi and an offensive foul

At least it was a hell of bad referred game and with fair referring china wouldn't have one that's the simple story here...

Comment

If any, that was a game-changing, game-deciding call. Would you want a hard-fought game decided by a referee? If it's only consolation for our Lebanese friends, that's a bit of a problem in every league around the world. We see it many times in our local league, the PBA and even in the NBA.

It happens. Shit happens. Go now and defeat Jordan that's the only way you are going to forget this. Else, this will haunt you for the next two years.
            If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

After watching the replay several times, there was a foul. The Lebanese player made contact with the Chinese player's elbow. Good call by the ref. You're only fooling yourself is you think there was none.
              Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nando View Post
                After watching the replay several times, there was a foul. The Lebanese player made contact with the Chinese player's elbow. Good call by the ref. You're only fooling yourself is you think there was none.
                hehe you guys are hilarious!
                Proud to be Lebanese
                www.arabasket.com

Comment

Sorry to witch game are you referring??

Comment

Your no.7 tried to pull his arm back but he still made contact the shooter's elbow. Clear as day.
                    Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

Comment

I think whats lost in all these boohaaha is the fact that Lebanon still has a chance to qualify for the World Championship. They make it sound like the Asian Championship title is the most important, no its not. If you make it to the World Championship in '10, everyone will forget about this foul. So Lebanon fans and coaches should just be quiet and move on to Jordan. There's been a lot worse calls than this in the Eurobasket tournaments, people move on.

Comment

Your no.7 tried to pull his arm back but he still made contact the shooter's elbow. Clear as day.
                        Lebanese fans failed to see the defender hit the shooter's arm going up, there was no contact coming down. But contact is contact, regardless of its going up or coming down.

Comment

today i think the lebanese team prooved that they're the best team in asia.
                          the chinese federation were so low to bribe referees to help em win,no matter the asian cup is always hosted by china ,thats really disgusting, i've never seen a more disgusting game in my whole life.
                          lets note a few things in additions to all of what the lebanese forumers mentioned :

_Matt Freije, this amazing lebanese player, who throughout this whole tournement, never in one single game had more than 1 foul, gets fouled out today ??? explain that ???
                          just this alone, is more that enough proof that there was something wrong with that referee and that he only came to save the chinese from a certain death.
                          -many flagrant fouls for the lebanese were not whistled
                          note that the referees never gave a foul when a lebanese basket was scored (there wasent any bonus FT for the lebanese, altough alot of fouls should've been whistled when lebanese score, ( like the assist from mneimneh to vroman for ex, vroman was hit on the hand )

the lebanese we're going under the chinese basket getting bashed and returning without getting any fouls
                          when the chinese on offense we're bashing us and werent getting offensive fouls.

and thats just a small dose of unfairness we endured, and yet we had the game firmly in our grasp for the whole 1st half.

and about the fadi el khatib traveling, a traveling was called on him in the 1st half while there clearly was nothing, so it conpansates

Comment

I watch the replay and China was the victim of too many bad calls.
                            The video definitely show there was contact in the elbow of
                            the shooter, watch the hand of the defender drew back after
                            he hit the elbow.
                            Last edited by batgirl; 08-15-2009, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daniab View Post
                              Asians!
                              Watch the biggest joke of the Asian Championship 2009,the game was tied 68-68 and clearly a wrong whistle against Lebanon cost us the dream of reaching the finals!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Watch and judge!!!!

keep the heads up Lebanese,Proud Proud and Proud!
                              That's true that there was no foul however, if you look at where the referee was standing, which by the way is a bad or tough position to call a foul on, he is standing behind the shooter thus, from his angle it looks like a foul but the reality is that the referee was in a bad position to make such a crucial call.

At the end of the day the referees are human and everyone makes mistakes. Clearly, this was a mistake and a very crucial mistake that cost the dreams of many Lebanese fans.
                              "No hay poder en el mundo que pueda cambiar el destino"
                              -El Padrino

Comment

Originally posted by majjour View Post
                                It is not just about this wistle..
                                it is the non counted fouls agains vroman(Hit on the eye)..
                                the push by Yi to mahmoud..
                                the push by 10 on friegie..
                                catching the shirt of freige from behind...
                                The no foul called on freige agaunst wang..
                                the offensive foul called on abd alnour while the defender was moving..
                                The clean block for bshara called as a foul..
                                the forcing on Yi called as traveling..
                                The foul agianst vroman wen he scored on the fast break(not called)..
                                the foul on mazen when he and freije double teamed the chinesse player..

The only wrong calls for lebanon favor were a travel on fadi and an offensive foul

At least it was a hell of bad referred game and with fair referring china wouldn't have one that's the simple story here...
                                Lebanon deserved to win? Hell yes, why not? Actually, Lebanon is the Nr.1 Bastball team in Asia even in the whole Universe. Allthough China has won how many times Asian Champions? oh forget it, china is really nothing but just had good luck, My dear chinese fellows, what a luck day we had jesus christ we just defeat invincible Lebanon!!! It's definitely the most remarkable day in our history!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information