Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by weeso View Post
    hard luck guyz.
    i think jordan deserve it cuz they fought for it so congratz jordan, it's a rainy day for lebanon but tomorrow we'll be back and belive me we'll be stronger then ever no 1 will stop us even this stupid uzbeki referee who coasted us that game but eventually god wells it so don't be sad guyz and keep ur head up u r lebanese
    can someone plz explain to me how this wild card works ... ???? just one country receive the wild card

if it is like that of course its not lebanon even if we were the best team but you know always europians and americans(south and north) are chosen
    Lebanon mother land of the phoenicians! 7000 years of culture and history and still BEIRUT is "PARIS OF THE MIDDLE EAST"

LONG LIVE THE CEDARS

Comment

• Originally posted by khaledlebanon View Post
      We deserve wild card but i don't think fiba will ever give us .........
      we had very bad luck today
      i'am happy for jordan they deserve it....
      i knew before the match that we won't win cuz in the game against china we gave every thing we have and referee's mistakes made us lose in the last 50 seconds.....
      GD Luck for next time.. but iam very afraid on the future of basketball in Lebanon...I hate politics it's going to let us lose the only thing(basketball) that made us happy in the last 10 years......:S:S:S
      i totally agree ..... lebanese bball is in danger ....

Comment

• Originally posted by oldnews View Post
        Congratulation to Jordan!
        It's expected. Lebanon is exhausted in last night.
        it's the same condition we had faced in the worldcup 2006
        we had put all our potential in the game of france,and on the next day we lost to nigeria which is an easier team
        anyway congratulations to jordan
        it seems we will not get any wild card
        let's hope to improve our nt starting from now cause it's known that we start training one month before any competition
        we had bad luck in this championship

Comment

• Originally posted by spashleyfan View Post
          i don't understand all the pessimism...JV and MF are still young, Fahed is not that old, Fadi has been a nonfactor anyway, get another servicable wing, it's still a fairly good team in asia, no
          thank u my friend but still we're dissapointed any way congratz for china, iran and jordan, c u guyz in turky hope u guyz will represent asia well.
          A proud man is always looking down on things and people; and, of course, as long as you're looking down, you can't see something that's above you. C. S. Lewis

Comment

• First of all Hard Luck for our Lebanese Brothers , and We Promise that we will be a good candidate for Arabs along with Tunisia .

Mabrook For JOrdan , we did it , WE entered the History , We are in World Championship Turkey 2010 .

Rasheim Wright , Osama Daghlas , Zaid Abbas , Islam Abbas , Mohammed Hamdan , Mousa awadi , Fadel Najjar , Jamal Ma'ayta , Ziad alkhas , WEsam Al sous , Enver Soobzokov , Aymen Dies and Jamal Abu shamala Are Heroes

See you In Turkey 2010 along with best 24 Countries in the World .
            pLAY yOUR gAME , dON'T b aSHAMED

Comment

• Originally posted by leb-basket View Post
              can someone plz explain to me how this wild card works ... ???? just one country receive the wild card

if it is like that of course its not lebanon even if we were the best team but you know always europians and americans(south and north) are chosen
              4 will be given out for the WC 2010 Turkey
              It's basically a free pass to the game.
              The determine factors include but not limited to
              1. market
              2. Popularity of bb in that country
              3. government support
              4. Team level
              5. Effort

Comment

• Originally posted by leb-basket View Post

The FIBA Central Board will assign in autumn 2009 four wild cards to four countries that have not qualified until then according to the following criteria:

The criteria for the Wild Cards
                1. In order to be invited the team must have participated in the 2009 FIBA Zone Qualifying Championship.
                2. There can be a maximum of three teams from any one FIBA Zone.

Together with the above two criteria, FIBA shall take into consideration the following aspects:

Sporting Aspects
                - Popularity of basketball in the country
                - Quality and sporting results of the national team of the country
                - Quality of work by the National Federation

Economic Aspects
                - Involvement of local television and/or competitions in domestic and international basketball
                - Importance of country to FIBA's marketing and television partners
                - Importance of country to the Organizers of the World Championship

Note: The FIBA Central Board is the highest executive body of FIBA where 20 members and three ex-officio members meet twice yearly. The Board establishes the Internal Regulations and assigns the organization of all world championships
                A proud man is always looking down on things and people; and, of course, as long as you're looking down, you can't see something that's above you. C. S. Lewis

Comment

• Originally posted by masketball View Post
                  1. market
                  3. government support
                  4. Team level
                  5. Effort

Team level is definetly for europeans. Also marketting.

Goverment support? We have no goverment everybody is fighting with each other.

Popularity, thats the only thing we have.

Comment

• Originally posted by tonysaade View Post
                    i totally agree ..... lebanese bball is in danger ....
                    we should not be ashamed of the results 4th place is nothing to be ashamed off.however basketball in lebanon kept going because we were doing good results getting medals and qualifying to the wc+ winning the arabic and asian chmapionships with sagesse team.now we are in a phase of decline we reached our climax so their is no way other then down!.basketball in lebanon became popular because of antoine choueiry and his likes but now after they lost interest in sponsoring teams and spending money we are facing a big problem!

congrats again to china iran and jordan for making it the wc their is always next time!.

Comment

• mabrook solo mabrook brother...iam really happy we made it..and sad for the lebanese cuz they dont deserve that lost last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by masketball View Post
                        1. market
                        3. government support
                        4. Team level
                        5. Effort
                        obviously we don't have ur #1 and #3 not even a little bit of them so I don't know if it's possible any how to get a wild card, we deserve to be in Turkey but yet many others from Europe deserve it to, they have better Level, better support, bigger population which means bigger audience, anyway let's wait and see, even if we still have a 2% hope I guess no more than that!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WIZARD View Post
                          mabrook solo mabrook brother...iam really happy we made it..and sad for the lebanese cuz they dont deserve that lost last night.
                          Wizard and Solo Congrats guys you well deserved this qualification you are the most improved team in Asia, I hope you can always keep on producing good players because this team won't last so long and I know you've got the facilities to do so I was in Jordan this year and I saw what Universities, and Pro Teams such as ASU have and I think you can get better. wish you the best....

Comment

• Originally posted by kerdito View Post
                            Wizard and Solo Congrats guys you well deserved this qualification you are the most improved team in Asia, I hope you can always keep on producing good players because this team won't last so long and I know you've got the facilities to do so I was in Jordan this year and I saw what Universities, and Pro Teams such as ASU have and I think you can get better. wish you the best....
                            thanks bro...i wish palma stays at least after world cup!i hope the new fed wont let him go

Comment

• Pretty sad to see Lebanon go out like this after all the anticipation for this year's Asia cup after the 2007 loss against Iran in the Finals.

The wild cards will go to the European and American teams that were just left out in their continents qualification. but we should have a 1-5% chance of getting one considering the following reasons:

-We got ROBBED against China and barely lost because of controversial calls against the number 1 team in Asia on their home floor.

-We have a good history after nearly advancing to the 2nd round of the world cup last year and the historic win against France, that could make the world see us as the team that can come and upset a team any day.

-I know that doesn't count but we are ranked among the top 24 countries in the FIBA rankings, so that could be a minor factor maybe too? Doubt it though.

-It is all about the popularity of FIBA, and here in Arab countries it has been all about soccer, but recently with teams performing better here popularity is increasing and teams are getting more and more support as we could notice after the 2006 world cup when lebanon did a great job, so FIBA may want to give it another push forward with making it 3 arab countries? Again i doubt that.

There are a lot of minor reasons too, but most likely we won't get it.

Comment

• rashim wright was better then jackson vroman.
                                jordan won.

lebanon lack scoring besides vroman. yesterday they scored 68 ( 27 vroman). Today 63 ( 15 vroman).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information