Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 141

Thread: 3rd Place Game:Lebanon vs Jordan

  1. #41
    Senior Member kerdito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spashleyfan View Post
    good point~

    but again, if the other teams were good enough to put China in the forth, we would get at least 4 guaranteed spots.

    naturalized ballers or not, keep getting better plz, Jordan/Lebanon~
    well a wild card would not be given to China if they were fourth because they are too good but because this is China it will definitely increase the audience % of the world cup, and China has a great History of Asian Basketball but to be Honest the 4 teams in the semi-final deserve to go to the world cup since Lebanon lost twice to China with 3 and 4 and yesterday's game was not so fair after what the ref called again and again and Jordan performed really well against China but Lost by 6 as for Iran they are a very good team so I guess if Fiba would really care about being fair they would have to give a wild card for the fourth team and give the Asian Basketball a push. Anyway I think Jordan, Lebanon and Iran are really better than what they were before.

  2. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kerdito View Post
    well a wild card would not be given to China if they were fourth because they are too good but because this is China it will definitely increase the audience % of the world cup, and China has a great History of Asian Basketball but to be Honest the 4 teams in the semi-final deserve to go to the world cup since Lebanon lost twice to China with 3 and 4 and yesterday's game was not so fair after what the ref called again and again and Jordan performed really well against China but Lost by 6 as for Iran they are a very good team so I guess if Fiba would really care about being fair they would have to give a wild card for the fourth team and give the Asian Basketball a push. Anyway I think Jordan, Lebanon and Iran are really better than what they were before.
    u r right, no wild card will be given to an asian team because of their strength until they start to cut down on those 30+, 40+, even 50+ ugly losses in the world championship games

    Lebanon made some noise by beating France, Haddadi did pretty good in the olympics, good start, keep it going~~~

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kerdito View Post
    well a wild card would not be given to China if they were fourth because they are too good but because this is China it will definitely increase the audience % of the world cup, and China has a great History of Asian Basketball but to be Honest the 4 teams in the semi-final deserve to go to the world cup since Lebanon lost twice to China with 3 and 4 and yesterday's game was not so fair after what the ref called again and again and Jordan performed really well against China but Lost by 6 as for Iran they are a very good team so I guess if Fiba would really care about being fair they would have to give a wild card for the fourth team and give the Asian Basketball a push. Anyway I think Jordan, Lebanon and Iran are really better than what they were before.
    1)Fiba doesn't work in this way.And China deserves a wild card much more than most of countries according to fiba's rules..

    2)Without China,Asia sucks in the WBC and Olmypics...The 1998 ABC is an example.And China with Yao is still competitive in the world's stage.

  4. #44
    Senior Member Dtown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Metro Detroit, MI
    Posts
    3,499
    Country: United States

    Default

    Any streams for this game?
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

    Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dtown View Post
    Any streams for this game?
    ...sorry...

  6. #46
    Senior Member Picek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kerdito View Post
    well a wild card would not be given to China if they were fourth because they are too good but because this is China it will definitely increase the audience % of the world cup, and China has a great History of Asian Basketball
    that was my point exactly..
    China is a huge market and FIBA simply wouldn't ignore that..
    sporting results in the past have nothing to do with it..
    Jordan if they lose this game might have better chances then Lebanon 'cause I think of their bball federation as the more wealthy one and they could possibly buy that frikin' card..
    the way I see it, there are four wild cards..
    FIBA should give one to each continent..
    but this is not a fair world and I doubt we will see that happening..
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

    heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Picek View Post
    that was my point exactly..
    China is a huge market and FIBA simply wouldn't ignore that..
    sporting results in the past have nothing to do with it..
    Jordan if they lose this game might have better chances then Lebanon 'cause I think of their bball federation as the more wealthy one and they could possibly buy that frikin' card..
    the way I see it, there are four wild cards..
    FIBA should give one to each continent..
    but this is not a fair world and I doubt we will see that happening..
    yeah...in this way fiba should give the wildcard to Japan or Korea instead...Sporting results in the past obviously have something to do with it.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Dtown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Metro Detroit, MI
    Posts
    3,499
    Country: United States

    Default

    You know for all the activity over the last day, I'm noticing this thread is pretty dead. The game did start at 4 right?
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

    Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Picek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dtown View Post
    You know for all the activity over the last day, I'm noticing this thread is pretty dead. The game did start at 4 right?
    yes, Jordan had a 10-0 lead..
    at the of the first it is 10-19 Lebanon

    Quote Originally Posted by BlacKOEIsle View Post
    yeah...in this way fiba should give the wildcard to Japan or Korea instead...Sporting results in the past obviously have something to do with it.
    I know they do..
    Serbia and Italy were given a wildcard in 2006. eventhough my team was better placed at 2005. EC..
    Serbia received it because of their past sporting results, Italy because of their basketball market..
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

    heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dtown View Post
    You know for all the activity over the last day, I'm noticing this thread is pretty dead. The game did start at 4 right?
    Yes, the game is playing now.
    http://www.zhibo8.com/sopcast/6099.htm

    but you need to install sopcast at first.

  11. #51
    Senior Member marc333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Jordan was leading 10-0 and Lebanon made a 19-0 run!

    End of Q1 now

    Lebanon 19 - 10 Jordan

  12. #52
    FB Connect
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dtown View Post
    Any streams for this game?
    www.atdhe.net

    enjoy it.

  13. #53
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Picek View Post
    that was my point exactly..
    China is a huge market and FIBA simply wouldn't ignore that..
    sporting results in the past have nothing to do with it..
    Jordan if they lose this game might have better chances then Lebanon 'cause I think of their bball federation as the more wealthy one and they could possibly buy that frikin' card..
    the way I see it, there are four wild cards..
    FIBA should give one to each continent..
    but this is not a fair world and I doubt we will see that happening..

    to give one to each continent wouldn't be fair either, in the world of basketball

  14. #54
    Senior Member Dtown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Metro Detroit, MI
    Posts
    3,499
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faiss View Post
    www.atdhe.net

    enjoy it.
    thanks
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

    Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

  15. #55
    Senior Member Picek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spashleyfan View Post
    to give one to each continent wouldn't be fair either, in the world of basketball
    giving wild cards isn't fair in the first place..
    FIBA is the only association doing it..
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

    heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    638

    Default

    Both team indeed can't afford losing this game...
    For Jordan,Palma is a key figure to their success.It will be a blow to Jordan's basketball if Palma leaves the team.

  17. #57
    Senior Member Picek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    were was this outside shooting for Jordan yesterday?
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

    heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

  18. #58

    Default

    What is it 5 3pts in a row for Jordan?

  19. #59

    Default

    13 - 0 run for Jordan

  20. #60

    Default

    HT Jordan 36 28 Lebanon

    typical

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •