Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 309

Thread: Classification 5th - 8th: Philippines vs. Qatar

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crouchingtiger View Post
    There are two really important game for the RP in this tournament, one being vs Jordan (lost) the other will be the battle for the 5th place. However I still think RP will place 6th this year and thats its true strength, even if you change a coach, give and take some players wont change that fact.
    and why not??? pls elaborate

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Game time phils vs qatar 2pm manila time..this afternoon

  3. #23
    Senior Member rycorpz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cainta, Rizal / Proj. 4, Q.C.
    Posts
    663

    Default FIBA might get us a break

    It's a must for our team to take the 5th spot FIBA might give us a berth via wild card ( I Hope so )
    PRO DEO ET PATRIA (in the service of God and Country)

  4. #24
    Senior Member merps baller the return's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    taiwan
    Posts
    843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rycorpz View Post
    It's a must for our team to take the 5th spot FIBA might give us a berth via wild card ( I Hope so )
    wild card and revenge for korea pretty sweet if this happens im hoping
    KANINYA,CHIBAY,LANCHIAW BIN!

  5. #25
    Senior Member kaiziken_pinas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4,758
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    I want us to win badly.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlYuson View Post
    and why not??? pls elaborate
    The height issue, the way these players were trained and the diference between PBA and FIBA ......all these problems still exist in the Philippines basketball in general, Chot is not proven to be a FIBA tested coach, there's no single player who did not join this NT is proven FIBA tested, so why would you say if Chot was here, if etc etc were here.......its nonsense.

    I would say given time, with Toroman (FIBA tested) and CJ (height) and training, RP might have a different showing in the next FIBA asia.And if PBA delacres no to join any FIBA games again, I suggest all you pinoy BB craze fans should stop watching PBA, ever again.
    Last edited by crouchingtiger; 08-15-2009 at 04:54 AM.
    Crouchy 1 : Durden 0, IUHL 0, roadtolondon 0, batman, 0, azrael 0, beastly 0

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    494

    Default

    For me, I think Yeng is more witty while Chot is more exciting to watch on. But both coaches plus present players can't take RP team into final four, this is exactly the reason why I dare to predict RP is going to land betwee 6 and 7even long before Tianjin game start. Now its ovbious that RP is going to be 6th.

    I am not here to argue if Chot or Yeng is better cuz whatever quality you think of one coach over the other, that quality won't take RP over that 5th place obstacle and I think your BB authority knows this, what do you think Toroman is here for?
    Crouchy 1 : Durden 0, IUHL 0, roadtolondon 0, batman, 0, azrael 0, beastly 0

  8. #28
    Senior Member merps baller the return's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    taiwan
    Posts
    843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crouchingtiger View Post
    For me, I think Yeng is more witty while Chot is more exciting to watch on. But both coaches plus present players can't take RP team into final four, this is exactly the reason why I dare to predict RP is going to land betwee 6 and 7even long before Tianjin game start. Now its ovbious that RP is going to be 6th.

    I am not here to argue if Chot or Yeng is better cuz whatever quality you think of one coach over the other, that quality won't take RP over that 5th place obstacle and I think your BB authority knows this, what do you think Toroman is here for?
    O.T. crouchy what do you foresee in the smart gilas team as of today just a question coz i know you are great in predicting the outcome of our national teams placing
    KANINYA,CHIBAY,LANCHIAW BIN!

  9. #29
    Member Run'N Gun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In the land of The three Stars and a Sun
    Posts
    74

    Default

    could anyone update the score here later, coz some forumers said that solar or btv won't cover this game. thanks
    Last edited by Run'N Gun; 08-15-2009 at 05:17 AM. Reason: .
    GO TEAM PILIPINAS!!! LABAN!!!

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by merps baller the return View Post
    O.T. crouchy what do you foresee in the smart gilas team as of today just a question coz i know you are great in predicting the outcome of our national teams placing
    Sorry, I have not seen anything yet......I base my prediction from facts......I have zero fact on that team. Make this a rain check and I will tell you in the next FIBA asia, ok?
    Crouchy 1 : Durden 0, IUHL 0, roadtolondon 0, batman, 0, azrael 0, beastly 0

  11. #31
    Senior Member merps baller the return's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    taiwan
    Posts
    843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crouchingtiger View Post
    Sorry, I have not seen anything yet......I base my prediction from facts......I have zero fact on that team. Make this a rain check and I will tell you in the next FIBA asia, ok?
    if they compete in this coming stankovic cup, i hope you can answer me soon
    KANINYA,CHIBAY,LANCHIAW BIN!

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by merps baller the return View Post
    if they compete in this coming stankovic cup, i hope you can answer me soon
    They should join stankovic cup! Future NT still need to be PBA reinforced....PBA declaring "no mas " to FIBA is a disrespec to FIBA, asian neighboring countires and mostly to fun-loving BB craze pinoy fans.
    Crouchy 1 : Durden 0, IUHL 0, roadtolondon 0, batman, 0, azrael 0, beastly 0

  13. #33
    Senior Member merps baller the return's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    taiwan
    Posts
    843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crouchingtiger View Post
    They should join stankovic cup! Future NT still need to be PBA reinforced....PBA declaring "no mas " to FIBA is a disrespec to FIBA, asian neighboring countires and mostly to fun-loving BB craze pinoy fans.
    dont worry coach toroman is already "eyeing" maybe 5 pba players for his team
    KANINYA,CHIBAY,LANCHIAW BIN!

  14. #34
    Senior Member merps baller the return's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    taiwan
    Posts
    843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Run'N Gun View Post
    could anyone update the score here later, coz some forumers said that solar or btv won't cover this game. thanks
    pilipinas vs qatar now warming up
    KANINYA,CHIBAY,LANCHIAW BIN!

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mordor
    Posts
    673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by merps baller the return View Post
    pilipinas vs qatar now warming up
    where are you watching?
    You know how to WIN against the Philippines? Zone them do death and watch them crumble. Been working Since 2002 and coaches until today don't have the answer for it.

  16. #36
    Senior Member kentpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lipa City
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alien space bats View Post
    What's the point of being fifth in a continent where the level of basketball is not even good? I think our dreams finally ended yesterday. 2 years from now, we will still be fielding a talented but undersized squad. all teams by then will have at least 1 naturalized player. asa pa. we can't rely on luck anymore. PBA has closed its doors on future competitions. smart gilas can't find tall, talented guys. we get the usual small guys. there's no future for philippine basketball. not today, or 2011. unless we train 6'6 to 6'9 pinoys to play SG to SF positions, future looks very, very bleak. sorry guys. it's reality.
    they have some tall guard prospects... such as ray parks.. a 2 guard, 6'4..can grow to 6'6.....or 6'7/// hmm.chris lutz..and etc... center..we have prospects liek CJ Giles who is 6'10-6'11... or even Greg Slaughter.. at 7'1..... Smart Gilas is still capable of bringing back the Philippines' Golden Days of Basketball.. plus,.. the magical touch of Rajko Toroman.... I believe that we still have a lot of reasons to get excited about our future.. This is only the beginning.... This is not the end.. Yeng's team wasn't really expected to bring us to Turkey but to bring up the pride that we lost.... Now,...we prove them taht we are not pushovers....,and we belong at the Top 10 Asian Basketball Nation...,....... stay positive guys.
    AKO ANG SIMULA!!! BABANGON ANG PILIPINAS!!!

  17. #37
    Senior Member merps baller the return's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    taiwan
    Posts
    843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cammomile View Post
    where are you watching?
    rnhalawi.com
    KANINYA,CHIBAY,LANCHIAW BIN!

  18. #38
    Senior Member merps baller the return's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    taiwan
    Posts
    843

    Default

    malapit na magsimula! ang lakas pa din ng kaba ko amftrans...even if this game is just for the classifications im still having my adrenalin rush
    KANINYA,CHIBAY,LANCHIAW BIN!

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mordor
    Posts
    673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by merps baller the return View Post
    rnhalawi.com
    update us plz..my net is 2 slow for the live streaming
    You know how to WIN against the Philippines? Zone them do death and watch them crumble. Been working Since 2002 and coaches until today don't have the answer for it.

  20. #40
    Senior Member kaiziken_pinas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4,758
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    It is starting

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •