No announcement yet.

Classification 5th - 8th: Philippines vs. Qatar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is going to be tough for Philippines.. Qatar is by no means an easy team to beat.. they're very athletic, very aggressive in rebounding and can dominate the inside with their big mobile players.. their only problem is they don't have outside shooting which i think RP will exploit..
    Impossible is Nothing!!!

Comment

we should beat the hell out of Qatar.

go for 5th. any place lower than that...... paking shet talaga

Comment

according to patricia bermudez hizon on twitter, solar wont show the remaining games of powerade team pilipinas.

Comment

i think the coach of powerade doesnt want to achieve anything more...i think he doesnt even pushed himself and the team out of its limits yesterday because his goal is already accomplished..and thats bettering our 9th place finish last 2007..
          the PBA players might get injured..or he might field in arwind santos all game long..because santos is not his player in his PBA team anymore..

no wonder cs9 wont show it anymore..it will just be a waste of time considering that the team might just play very sloppy..

and the coach is so focused on boasting around..and telling he bettered 2007 campaign and keeps on hitting coach toroman..and the sbp program telling that its not going to work..maybe he is a fortune teller..but coach yeng i think i'm a fortune teller too and i can see that gilas will succeed and better your accomplishments by thousand times..

i'm losing my respect on that bald coach..

Comment

i saw at the fiba website..is it at 2pm?
            It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
            I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by crouchingtiger View Post
              There are two really important game for the RP in this tournament, one being vs Jordan (lost) the other will be the battle for the 5th place. However I still think RP will place 6th this year and thats its true strength, even if you change a coach, give and take some players wont change that fact.
              and why not??? pls elaborate
              “I think our point guards are small,” “Not to say that our point guards are not good, but I believe that we need bigger point guards.”
              - SBP President Manny V. Pangilinan

Wanted: Philippine version of Jordan's talented backcourt tandem of 6'5" Sam Daghlas & 6'4" Rashem Wright

Comment

Game time phils vs qatar 2pm manila time..this afternoon
                “I think our point guards are small,” “Not to say that our point guards are not good, but I believe that we need bigger point guards.”
                - SBP President Manny V. Pangilinan

Wanted: Philippine version of Jordan's talented backcourt tandem of 6'5" Sam Daghlas & 6'4" Rashem Wright

Comment

FIBA might get us a break

It's a must for our team to take the 5th spot FIBA might give us a berth via wild card ( I Hope so )
                  PRO DEO ET PATRIA (in the service of God and Country)

Comment

Originally posted by rycorpz View Post
                    It's a must for our team to take the 5th spot FIBA might give us a berth via wild card ( I Hope so )
                    wild card and revenge for korea pretty sweet if this happens im hoping
                    KANINYA,CHIBAY,LANCHIAW BIN!

Comment

I want us to win badly.

Comment

Originally posted by AlYuson View Post
                        and why not??? pls elaborate
                        The height issue, the way these players were trained and the diference between PBA and FIBA ......all these problems still exist in the Philippines basketball in general, Chot is not proven to be a FIBA tested coach, there's no single player who did not join this NT is proven FIBA tested, so why would you say if Chot was here, if etc etc were here.......its nonsense.

I would say given time, with Toroman (FIBA tested) and CJ (height) and training, RP might have a different showing in the next FIBA asia.And if PBA delacres no to join any FIBA games again, I suggest all you pinoy BB craze fans should stop watching PBA, ever again.
                        Last edited by crouchingtiger; 08-15-2009, 04:54 AM.
                        Crouchy 1 : Durden 0, IUHL 0, roadtolondon 0, batman, 0, azrael 0, beastly 0

Comment

For me, I think Yeng is more witty while Chot is more exciting to watch on. But both coaches plus present players can't take RP team into final four, this is exactly the reason why I dare to predict RP is going to land betwee 6 and 7even long before Tianjin game start. Now its ovbious that RP is going to be 6th.

I am not here to argue if Chot or Yeng is better cuz whatever quality you think of one coach over the other, that quality won't take RP over that 5th place obstacle and I think your BB authority knows this, what do you think Toroman is here for?

Comment

Originally posted by crouchingtiger View Post
                            For me, I think Yeng is more witty while Chot is more exciting to watch on. But both coaches plus present players can't take RP team into final four, this is exactly the reason why I dare to predict RP is going to land betwee 6 and 7even long before Tianjin game start. Now its ovbious that RP is going to be 6th.

I am not here to argue if Chot or Yeng is better cuz whatever quality you think of one coach over the other, that quality won't take RP over that 5th place obstacle and I think your BB authority knows this, what do you think Toroman is here for?
                            O.T. crouchy what do you foresee in the smart gilas team as of today just a question coz i know you are great in predicting the outcome of our national teams placing
                            KANINYA,CHIBAY,LANCHIAW BIN!

Comment

could anyone update the score here later, coz some forumers said that solar or btv won't cover this game. thanks
                              Last edited by Run'N Gun; 08-15-2009, 05:17 AM. Reason: .
                              GO TEAM PILIPINAS!!! LABAN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by merps baller the return View Post
                                O.T. crouchy what do you foresee in the smart gilas team as of today just a question coz i know you are great in predicting the outcome of our national teams placing
                                Sorry, I have not seen anything yet......I base my prediction from facts......I have zero fact on that team. Make this a rain check and I will tell you in the next FIBA asia, ok?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information