Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Classification 5th - 8th: Philippines vs. Qatar

Default Classification 5th - 8th: Philippines vs. Qatar

Hopefully we'll win. I'd love our team to face Korea again!

Quote Originally Posted by randomguy View Post
    man quatar is a very strong team dont underestimate them. they gave lebanon jordan and iran hard time this tournament. lebanon and iran won by 10 jordan by 14 with a very bad quatarian game.i hope u win u deserve the 6th place at least and why not the fifth.good luck

I hope our boys will come to play tomorrow, Pinoy's have a tendency not to give it our all when it comes to the classification stages.
    ~All men are born with a nose and ten fingers, but no one was born with a knowledge of God~

-Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by randomguy View Post
    You will, don't worry 'bout it
    Crouchy 1 : Durden 0, IUHL 0, roadtolondon 0, batman, 0, azrael 0, beastly 0

There are two really important game for the RP in this tournament, one being vs Jordan (lost) the other will be the battle for the 5th place. However I still think RP will place 6th this year and thats its true strength, even if you change a coach, give and take some players wont change that fact.
    Crouchy 1 : Durden 0, IUHL 0, roadtolondon 0, batman, 0, azrael 0, beastly 0

what time does this game start?
    GO TEAM PILIPINAS!!! LABAN!!!

hang over .......................... PHI vs. JOR

Quote Originally Posted by Run'N Gun View Post
    what time does this game start?
    Same as the Paking Shet game yesterday.

2PM.
    TINIRA! TINIRA SA LIKOD!!

Default go RP

thanks pare, GO Team Pilipinas!
    GO TEAM PILIPINAS!!! LABAN!!!

Phil should take this one with out any problem, unless their spirit is beaten (which i doubt), it's a 10 point margin.

Even though they lost to Jordan I think they still have it in their heads that this game is a "must-win game" of that possible "back-door" opportunity....they can only do better....

This game is as important as the Quarterfinal game....

- Now that I think about it.....P.I. players are really that good...they only had weeks to practice before the tournament but still managed to get to the Quarter finals and even managed to put a close-fight against the Jordanians....that's really something..

Cool

yeah.. the boys are good... but their are not lucky enough

but still manage to come in this stage.

may the RP team bounce back in future competition...

clap! clap!

hep! hep!!

hoorayy!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PILIPINAS

MABUHAY!!!

What's the point of being fifth in a continent where the level of basketball is not even good? I think our dreams finally ended yesterday. 2 years from now, we will still be fielding a talented but undersized squad. all teams by then will have at least 1 naturalized player. asa pa. we can't rely on luck anymore. PBA has closed its doors on future competitions. smart gilas can't find tall, talented guys. we get the usual small guys. there's no future for philippine basketball. not today, or 2011. unless we train 6'6 to 6'9 pinoys to play SG to SF positions, future looks very, very bleak. sorry guys. it's reality.

Lightbulb

in every achievement...

a one step higher..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PILIPINAS

MABUHAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alien space bats View Post
    What's the point of being fifth in a continent where the level of basketball is not even good? I think our dreams finally ended yesterday. 2 years from now, we will still be fielding a talented but undersized squad. all teams by then will have at least 1 naturalized player. asa pa. we can't rely on luck anymore. PBA has closed its doors on future competitions. smart gilas can't find tall, talented guys. we get the usual small guys. there's no future for philippine basketball. not today, or 2011. unless we train 6'6 to 6'9 pinoys to play SG to SF positions, future looks very, very bleak. sorry guys. it's reality.
    you got to keep your head up-

One day the phils will go to the world champions..
    You know how to WIN against the Philippines? Zone them do death and watch them crumble. Been working Since 2002 and coaches until today don't have the answer for it.

this is going to be tough for Philippines.. Qatar is by no means an easy team to beat.. they're very athletic, very aggressive in rebounding and can dominate the inside with their big mobile players.. their only problem is they don't have outside shooting which i think RP will exploit..
    Impossible is Nothing!!!

we should beat the hell out of Qatar.

go for 5th. any place lower than that...... paking shet talaga

according to patricia bermudez hizon on twitter, solar wont show the remaining games of powerade team pilipinas.

i think the coach of powerade doesnt want to achieve anything more...i think he doesnt even pushed himself and the team out of its limits yesterday because his goal is already accomplished..and thats bettering our 9th place finish last 2007..
    the PBA players might get injured..or he might field in arwind santos all game long..because santos is not his player in his PBA team anymore..

no wonder cs9 wont show it anymore..it will just be a waste of time considering that the team might just play very sloppy..

and the coach is so focused on boasting around..and telling he bettered 2007 campaign and keeps on hitting coach toroman..and the sbp program telling that its not going to work..maybe he is a fortune teller..but coach yeng i think i'm a fortune teller too and i can see that gilas will succeed and better your accomplishments by thousand times..

i'm losing my respect on that bald coach..

i saw at the fiba website..is it at 2pm?
    It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
    I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast