Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naturalization (Jordan, Qatar and Lebanon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this post was started by a guy named olajuwon ...is he ur favorite player ? did u know that hakeem olajuwon is a nigerian(i think) who got naturalized to play for the states back in the 1992 olympic team ....so its really weird u would be angry that leb had vogel and now vroman and that jordan has wright ......every team in fiba is allowed 1 naturalized player ...even the states naturalize a player every now and than to play for them like okafor in 2004 , ewing in 1992 , olajuwon in 1992 they even took seikaly away from us when he wanted to play for our national team in 2001 because they had him in the dream team ....germany has kaman , russia has the african american who i 4got his name ...in womans basketball russia now has becky hammon so u really dont know anything about basketball when u opened this thread ....qatar is a different case since their all not qatari all 12 ....lebanon and jordan like many other countries have only 1 naturalized player ...japan had jr henderson in 2007 , south korea have daniel sandrin .....the list goes on and on so i advise u to close this thread cuz people talk about other people on the subjects they open and talk about and 1 thing that is hated more in a basketball forum than a hateable person is a person who has a low IQ of basketball some forumers might prefer murderers than someone who doesnt know anything about basketball and opens threads and wasting other people,s time reading them like me u just wasted 5 min of my time writing this

Comment

Some people are pointing out the super quick process of jackson vroman's naturalization in lebanon without him getting set foot in beirut in all his life...While some naturalized player like joseph vogel i presumed had played for lebanese ballclub before....So to avoid any complaint FIBA should revised its rules regarding naturalization..just to be fair...
      “I think our point guards are small,” “Not to say that our point guards are not good, but I believe that we need bigger point guards.”
      - SBP President Manny V. Pangilinan

Wanted: Philippine version of Jordan's talented backcourt tandem of 6'5" Sam Daghlas & 6'4" Rashem Wright

Comment

well. lebanon and qatar used to naturalize. now jordan did it too.
        whose next? maybe syria will naturalize players?

its obvious nations with naturalized players are advancing to better places then nations without naturalized players. Qatar, Lebanon and Jordan three teams finishing top six.

what will happen to the future of fiba asia? tournament of naturalized players?
        Other nations will follow the same footsteps. And fiba asia will lose its taste of competetive basketball between nations.It will be the tournament of better imports.

FIBA asia must take action, or else other nations will start following lebanon, qatar just like jordan.

Comment

Also the bigger question is, how to verify a player is from this origin or that?

I mean in matt freiji case. He is blonde ( not lebanese syle), american name(matt) and does he speak arabic??? Plus he earns money to play.

The big problem is. They are saying this player is of lebanese origins, and another player is being naturalized. how is this thing being verified by fiba asia?

Comment

Originally posted by koreandragon View Post
            well. lebanon and qatar used to naturalize. now jordan did it too.
            whose next? maybe syria will naturalize players?

its obvious nations with naturalized players are advancing to better places then nations without naturalized players. Qatar, Lebanon and Jordan three teams finishing top six.

what will happen to the future of fiba asia? tournament of naturalized players?
            Other nations will follow the same footsteps. And fiba asia will lose its taste of competetive basketball between nations.It will be the tournament of better imports.

FIBA asia must take action, or else other nations will start following lebanon, qatar just like jordan.
            man be realistic!!!! Russia, Dominicans, Germany and many African teams have naturalized players and you Koreans had 3 players that were not born in Korea, in fact this is a Fiba rule that u can have one import it's been applied for a while now go tell ur federation to get one maybe next time you can get more than the 5th place and stop being so childish this is happening all over the world because Fiba allows teams to do so!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by koreandragon View Post
              http://insidesports.ph/basketball/fi...ty-of-players/

Also the bigger question is, how to verify a player is from this origin or that?

I mean in matt freiji case. He is blonde ( not lebanese syle), american name(matt) and does he speak arabic??? Plus he earns money to play.

The big problem is. They are saying this player is of lebanese origins, and another player is being naturalized. how is this thing being verified by fiba asia?
              The Lebanese federation presented the proving documents to Fiba Asia before the Championship begun so why don't you ask Fiba Asia to show you some by the way Jordan's Jamal Abou Shamala was banned from participating since his documents were not enough to prove the right to play with Jordan NT while Matt Freiji's were more than enough so go find another subject that may satisfy you after losing and stop looking for excuses a loss is a loss and it's never the end of the world I hope your team and your federation are not thinking the way you are cz then it would be the end of Basketball in your country!!!

Comment

Originally posted by karim View Post
                this post was started by a guy named olajuwon ...is he ur favorite player ? did u know that hakeem olajuwon is a nigerian(i think) who got naturalized to play for the states back in the 1992 olympic team ....so its really weird u would be angry that leb had vogel and now vroman and that jordan has wright ......every team in fiba is allowed 1 naturalized player ...even the states naturalize a player every now and than to play for them like okafor in 2004 , ewing in 1992 , olajuwon in 1992 they even took seikaly away from us when he wanted to play for our national team in 2001 because they had him in the dream team ....germany has kaman , russia has the african american who i 4got his name ...in womans basketball russia now has becky hammon so u really dont know anything about basketball when u opened this thread ....qatar is a different case since their all not qatari all 12 ....lebanon and jordan like many other countries have only 1 naturalized player ...japan had jr henderson in 2007 , south korea have daniel sandrin .....the list goes on and on so i advise u to close this thread cuz people talk about other people on the subjects they open and talk about and 1 thing that is hated more in a basketball forum than a hateable person is a person who has a low IQ of basketball some forumers might prefer murderers than someone who doesnt know anything about basketball and opens threads and wasting other people,s time reading them like me u just wasted 5 min of my time writing this

Hakeem moved to USA when he was 17 years old and Hakeem wouldn't be Hakeem if it wouldn't be for USA... And he got naturalized after 13 freaking years, not like Vroman..

Comment

BTW, For ASIAN football followers. Lebanon had a similar case in ASIA CUP 2000 AS Well. They naturalized like 6 brazilians, claiming they are from lebanese origins.I dont know what were the proofs back then. Despite that they still lost and probably gave up naturalizing since it didnt work for them in football

Its so easy to say, " he is from this origins, we can play him " . This is being played so easy by many nations in asia.

Comment

And Iran won, JUSTICE!

Comment

• Originally posted by koreandragon View Post
                      BTW, For ASIAN football followers. Lebanon had a similar case in ASIA CUP 2000 AS Well. They naturalized like 6 brazilians, claiming they are from lebanese origins.I dont know what were the proofs back then. Despite that they still lost and probably gave up naturalizing since it didnt work for them in football

Its so easy to say, " he is from this origins, we can play him " . This is being played so easy by many nations in asia.
                      in the Football team they were from Lebanese Origins and many of them speak Arabic and they were not so good so there you can know silly guy that if we wanted to naturalize players we would have selected better players and not just our Lebanese players. Accept the facts man we have more than 15 millions outside Lebanon and the Lebanese Law give the right to any of them to get back his nationality if he undergoes all the rules so everything is legitimate. Go find something else to fill in ur time with we never cheat and at least when we Loose we admit that and not try to go blame others for our lost!!!!Grow up!!

Comment

• The cut off line should be one parent: If one parent is a citizen of a certain country then his/her child is eligible to play for that country. No grand parent, distant cousin, wife of my mothers uncle nonsense. And only one player is allowed to be naturalized after having resided in a country for at least 2 years. And these rules should be rigidly enforced. All violators should face maximum penalty and suspension.

Comment

• 2 years from now, you'll see the national team of Philippines will include CJ Giles 6'11 center-forward from Oregon State, if ever he'll be granted a naturalized citizenship.

Comment

• Guys, i think this subject took lots of talks over here, blaming this and that of being cheater & winning thanks to their imports! if you would allow me to express my opinion over here.
                            #1 if you think that naturalizing 1 player per team is something wrong, you can address the FIBA, who gave this right to teams, i do understand that many countries doesnt do that, but it's in the rule books and u can blame those team who are doing it!
                            #2 for those speaking about Players being developed outside of their countries, then what does the Brazilian Soccer team looks like? with all the players being taken to Europe at the age of 16-18 and then becoming the stars they are now.
                            #3 Yes we do have many players living outside Lebanon & i don't think there is a problem getting any of these players, even if he was born and raised outside Lebanon! as long he's Lebanese, he plays (Simple), just for the record, Brazil itself has 10 million person from Lebanese Origins, so i think if our soccer FED also does some work, we'll end up world champions!
                            #4 If you follow soccer, i would remind you of Alex (JApan's most favorite naturalized soccer player) & that's japan!
                            -------------------------------
                            Guys, lets not be that much silly about our subjects & about the way we bring these matters & the only reason why basketball in Asia isn't getting forward is because of such things!
                            Basketball should be a fun game, a fun thing to watch! not a bunch of people hating each other because of how they look like!
                            http://www.sportsmanagementworldwide.com/

Comment

• Africa is now also doing it, Errick Craven plays for the Ivory Coast and Libya#s team consists only of Americans and Africans from other countries.

I from Wisconsin!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

• Originally posted by randomguy View Post
                                2 years from now, you'll see the national team of Philippines will include CJ Giles 6'11 center-forward from Oregon State, if ever he'll be granted a naturalized citizenship.
                                hey, if you can't beat them, join them.
                                THE RULE IS THERE FOR EVERYONE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information