Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 130

Thread: Naturalization (Jordan, Qatar and Lebanon)

  1. #41
    Senior Member Maximus1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olajuwon View Post
    Chris Kaman: Kaman is a dual citizen; he is a citizen of the United States and of Germany. His great-grandparents were German, so he acquired German citizenship in July to play on the German basketball team in the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

    USA: Hakeem Olajuwon moved to USA when he was 17 and started to play basketball there for real and he was naturalized after living in USA for 13 years. Rony Seikaly was also living in the States when he was naturalized.

    Argentina: Manu is argentinian you idiot...
    sooo i believe that Lebanon's Jackson vroman is the only power in the Lebanese NT?

    you've got issues, go see a shrink!!

  2. #42

    Default

    CAN WE HAVE CIVILISED DISCUSION HERE , PLEASE.
    i have deleted quite a big number of posts which imho were offensive, out of topic, without proper translation and etc etc. please keep it cool.

  3. #43
    Senior Member WIZARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    543

    Default

    ok guys ((jordanians-lebanese)) lets leave this dude and his funny posts.
    we have iranian friends and we dont want them to take a bad image about us.
    this loser is on his own no 1 is backing him up

  4. #44
    Senior Member Maximus1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jan van Grabski View Post
    CAN WE HAVE CIVILISED DISCUSION HERE , PLEASE.
    Now i have deleted quite a big number of posts in here which imho were offensive, out of topic, without translation and etc etc. please keep it cool.
    nice profile pic man .... Dharma Initiative? or something that looks very similar to their logos

  5. #45
    FB Connect ElArZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jan van Grabski View Post
    CAN WE HAVE CIVILISED DISCUSION HERE , PLEASE.
    Now i have deleted quite a big number of posts in here which imho were offensive, out of topic, without translation and etc etc. please keep it cool.
    This whole thread should be deleted because he didn't come here for a discussion in the first place.

    There's another thread as well like this one. I guess he was just too excited to flame he couldn't stop clicking the submit button.

  6. #46
    Senior Member weeso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kuwait.
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WIZARD View Post
    ok guys ((jordanians-lebanese)) lets leave this dude and his funny posts.
    we have iranian friends and we dont want them to take a bad image about us.
    this loser is on his own no 1 is backing him up
    exactly plz guyz stop posting here it's just rediclus .

  7. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WIZARD View Post
    ok guys ((jordanians-lebanese)) lets leave this dude and his funny posts.
    we have iranian friends and we dont want them to take a bad image about us.
    this loser is on his own no 1 is backing him up
    Not so weird no one is backing me up when everyone that have written this far is lebanese edited
    Last edited by Jan van Grabski; 08-14-2009 at 12:48 PM.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Maximus1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olajuwon View Post
    Not so weird no one is backing me up when everyone that have written this far is lebanese and a retarded kurac...
    what's bothering you my friend? tell me ...
    maybe we could work this out, and heal your soul from this darkness

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olajuwon View Post
    chris kaman: Kaman is a dual citizen; he is a citizen of the united states and of germany. His great-grandparents were german, so he acquired german citizenship in july to play on the german basketball team in the 2008 beijing olympics.

    Usa: Hakeem olajuwon moved to usa when he was 17 and started to play basketball there for real and he was naturalized after living in usa for 13 years. Rony seikaly was also living in the states when he was naturalized.

    Argentina: Manu is argentinian edited
    what about holden????
    I AM LEBANESE!!!

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus1984 View Post
    what's bothering you my friend? tell me ...
    maybe we could work this out, and heal your soul from this darkness
    Haha, to be honest I didn't see this reaction coming.
    I'm a big fan of El Khatib and I just think you guys can do just as good with all this imports..

  11. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RAWAD View Post
    what about holden????
    I think Holden should be kicked out as well but at least he lives there and he lived and played there for some while before he got naturalized.

  12. #52
    Senior Member weeso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kuwait.
    Posts
    126

    Default

    last post for me here, what ever ur name is i know that ur not from iran, ur from israel edited

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olajuwon View Post
    I think Holden should be kicked out as well but at least he lives there and he lived and played there for some while before he got naturalized.
    Go and find another sport to talk about!!! Holden gave to Russia the European trophhy!!
    I AM LEBANESE!!!

  14. #54

    Default

    [QUOTE=weeso;313538]last post for me here, what ever ur name is i know that ur not from iran, ur from israel edited [QUOTE]

    "Today, 12:19 PM
    weeso
    Member

    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: kuwait.
    Posts: 60
    Country: [Lebanon]

    Edited. No personal insults.
    Last edited by Jan van Grabski; 08-14-2009 at 12:54 PM.

  15. #55
    Senior Member tonysaade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    177
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olajuwon View Post
    I'm fine with that, lebanese people are dirty..
    take it easy buddy and stick to basketball ....

  16. #56
    Member Run'N Gun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In the land of The three Stars and a Sun
    Posts
    74

    Default

    ow. the first time i visited this thread, the thread starter's nationality/coutry was Iran, now its different.
    GO TEAM PILIPINAS!!! LABAN!!!

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Administrator, moderators, plz ban this guy!!! We love interbasket cz it 's really ethical and professional!!!
    I AM LEBANESE!!!

  18. #58
    Senior Member Maximus1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olajuwon View Post
    Haha, to be honest I didn't see this reaction coming.
    I'm a big fan of El Khatib and I just think you guys can do just as good with all this imports..
    see? that's some progress here ... 1 positive point (u love fadi)

    well, we don't have any imports man, it's all pure Lebanese roster, excluding Jackson Vroman.

    Vroman was naturalized after FIBA allowed this, otherwise we wouldn't have done that move.

    As for the other players, they all are Lebanese ... either born and lived in leb before moving to the US/Canada .... or they were born to Lebanese parents in the US/Canada.

    It's the same issue as many many NBA and European players.

  19. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus1984 View Post
    see? that's some progress here ... 1 positive point (u love fadi)

    well, we don't have any imports man, it's all pure Lebanese roster, excluding Jackson Vroman.

    Vroman was naturalized after FIBA allowed this, otherwise we wouldn't have done that move.

    As for the other players, they all are Lebanese ... either born and lived in leb before moving to the US/Canada .... or they were born to Lebanese parents in the US/Canada.

    It's the same issue as many many NBA and European players.
    I have no problem at all with bringing lebanese players in who lives in other countries, they are lebanese...

    Vroman and Vogel though..

    However I didn't see this discussion coming and I'm sorry for calling you dirty, some of you got the worst of me and I'm sorry for that. My point was just that I find it weird that a country with the great basketball culture of Lebanon uses foreigners like Vogel and Vroman when they have other players that they can use.

    Quote Originally Posted by tonysaade View Post
    take it easy buddy and stick to basketball ....
    Sorry for that, it was uncalled for.

  20. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus1984 View Post
    nice profile pic man .... Dharma Initiative? or something that looks very similar to their logos

    yes, it is dharma initiative logo with the emblem of a team that i am a fan of in the middle. The team is Lietuvos Rytas from Lithuania and in fact Vroman played there for some time. and i was really suprised when i learned that Vroman is playing for Lebanon NT.


    Now i about the topic.

    Since using naturalized player is ok with FIBA rules, you cant really call countries who use them as cheaters. However everyone has the right to have an opinion about this practise. In Europe it happens too (Holden of Russia recent big example), although me and i believe a big number of fans dont like this tendency. I think national federations should invest more into youth system, trying to increase the competitvness of local players rather than choosing the easy way.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •