Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naturalization (Jordan, Qatar and Lebanon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by weeso View Post
    and more check this out and tell me y didn't u say that russia is a cheater, or it's only cuz we r getting stronger and we r from middle east man plz go get a life and don't type on the kye baord just to do it.

(Jon Robert "J.R." Holden (born August 10, 1976) is an American-born, naturalized Russian basketball player. He played NCAA Division I college basketball at Bucknell University (1994-1998), and he currently plays for CSKA Moscow of the Russian Super League. He is also a member of the Russian national basketball team. In Russian his name is spelt Dzhon-Robert Kholdin) source wikipedia.
    And as far as I care Holden was living in Russia at the time he was naturalized. You bring players from no where and call them lebanese.

Comment

Originally posted by byblos View Post
      man,i hope it will be ur last post cause you're proving that you have no idea about basketball,who said that naturalization process is only in asia,read the nationalities of some players in the great teams then talk as u want
      why didn't u naturalize any player,who stopped ur federation?
      anyway,such way of thinking is sterile cause we are circulating in the same whirl

take this a proof,our federation tried hard to acquire the services of a lebanese australian center(julian khazzouh)before naturalizing vroman,but the negotiations failed,also our lebanese centers are injuried(roy smaha,..).so,this is the reason behind naturalizing vroman(we have an excuse)
      i know that most of our iranian friends don't agree with you,it's your own opinion
      Oh, so every time a player is injured it's okey to naturalize some random baller to fill his spot.. Edited
      Last edited by Jan van Grabski; 08-14-2009, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by olajuwon View Post
        And as far as I care Holden was living in Russia at the time he was naturalized. You bring players from no where and call them lebanese.
        Nope, we actually call them by their names

Comment

I just had to register so i can reply to you.

I have some questions :

1. Why are you taking it so personally ? Its just a game.

2. Would it do you in good to post here ? You should file an official complaint to FIBA... By posting here you will only flame the thread and it wont lead nowhere.

3. Did Lebanon crush your NT ? thats why you are so angry ?

Thanks
          Jo

Comment

Originally posted by Jos View Post

I have some questions :

2. Would it do you in good to post here ? You should file an official complaint to FIBA... By posting here you will only flame the thread and it wont lead nowhere.

Thanks
            Jo
            No, actually my national tema (Iran) took your place in the 2008 Olympics.

Comment

tell you what ?
              your knowledge is very limited.
              In fact naturalizing players started very late in Asia,some of you are really not knowledgeable enough to discuss this issues.
              First of all,Russia (great league with good basketball culture) naturalized holden an American to represent their NT.
              Second,Belgium naturalized Mbenga to represent their NT as well.
              Bulgaria naturalized before Priest Lauderdale then he did not play for money issues.

etc....
              Proud to be Lebanese
              www.arabasket.com

Comment

I have some questions :

Thanks
                Jo
                Don't worry man, they're just releasing some anger.
                No other way to do it sadly.

Comment

first be civil and don't post bull shits ok if lebanese ppl are dirty well thats ur opinion and i don't care bout it, second vogel lived in lebanon for 7 years any way just cut that crap , we got ur point so plz just stop it now.
                  A proud man is always looking down on things and people; and, of course, as long as you're looking down, you can't see something that's above you. C. S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by daniab View Post
                    tell you what ?
                    your knowledge is very limited.
                    In fact naturalizing players started very late in Asia,some of you are really not knowledgeable enough to discuss this issues.
                    First of all,Russia (great league with good basketball culture) naturalized holden an American to represent their NT.
                    Second,Belgium naturalized Mbenga to represent their NT as well.
                    Bulgaria naturalized before Priest Lauderdale then he did not play for money issues.

etc....
                    Holden lived and played in Russia when he was naturalized...

And Mbenga,

"Mbenga was born in and raised in Zaire, now known as the Democratic Republic of the Congo, where his father was a government employee.[2] When a new regime took over power, it sought everyone who worked for the previous leader.[2] As unrest in the country escalated, Mbenga's father was imprisoned.[2] Although he was eventually unable to save himself, he did manage to negotiate on behalf of his sons, who were also imprisoned and waiting to be executed. Mbenga fled the country on a plane to Belgium, where he received asylum.[2] While living in a refugee center, he was discovered by Belgian basketball legend Willy Steveniers, who eventually served as Mbenga's personal basketball mentor.[3]"- Wikipedia

Comment

No, actually my national tema (Iran) took your place in the 2008 Olympics.
                      Ah so you are afraid...
                      got my answer...
                      Dont worry, we will take it easy on Iran.

Comment

Ah so you are afraid...
                        got my answer...
                        Dont worry, we will take it easy on Iran.
                        Just how you took it "easy" on Iran when be punked you guys and qualified for Olympics when we later watched you guys get slapped around by the greeks and brazilians.. Even with you buying players from other countries you can't do crap against the better teams in Europe. We at least play fair.

Comment

Holden lived and played in Russia when he was naturalized...

And Mbenga,

"Mbenga was born in and raised in Zaire, now known as the Democratic Republic of the Congo, where his father was a government employee.[2] When a new regime took over power, it sought everyone who worked for the previous leader.[2] As unrest in the country escalated, Mbenga's father was imprisoned.[2] Although he was eventually unable to save himself, he did manage to negotiate on behalf of his sons, who were also imprisoned and waiting to be executed. Mbenga fled the country on a plane to Belgium, where he received asylum.[2] While living in a refugee center, he was discovered by Belgian basketball legend Willy Steveniers, who eventually served as Mbenga's personal basketball mentor.[3]"- Wikipedia
                          so living for few years somewhere would make you a countrymen ?
                          Thats how you understand naturalization ?
                          Holden is American,living for few years there dont make him Russian for sure!
                          Proud to be Lebanese
                          www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniab View Post
                            so living for few years somewhere would make you a countrymen ?
                            Thats how you understand naturalization ?
                            Holden is American,living for few years theres doesnt make him Russian for sure!
                            It's a big freaking difference coming to a country as a refugee and starting your basketball-career in the new country than buying already established players like Lebanon is doing. How many days did Vroman and Vogel spend in Lebanon before they got naturalized.

Comment

guys leave him alone,don't reply..

Comment

Originally posted by capcha View Post
                                guys leave him alone,don't reply..
                                You better change that avatar of yours after the asskicking you're gonna get in the semi's or in the finals.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information