Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Quarter finals: Philippines vs. Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by WIZARD View Post
    if rashiem plays vs RP the same way he played today,well i dont wanna be hard on u guys but he will tear UR D,even the great WALL of china coudlnt stop him on his worst shooting night.he outplayed that chinese dude who plays for the lakers,not to forget zeid abbas and sam daghlas. your D must be at it's best that day
    Don't underestimate our D specially Yeng guiao's Defensive style. With mick on the team, who would've forget of the eugene tejada incident? the broken nose of alapag? the tactics he have done against dondon hontiveros, the D of the less talented players of red bull and everything. Who will also forget the NT that knocked down a japanese guy. PATAY KUNG PATAY! If we will play our TRUE Defense, Smile na lang Goodluck. LABAN PERLAS NG SILANGAN!
    LABAN PILIPINAS!

Senior Member merps baller the return's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ctongco View Post
    I don't understand why some filipino members highly doubt the capability of Powerade Pilipinas. I do agree that Jordan is a very strong team and a better team than they were at 2007. Pilipinas clearly lacks a lot of teamwork and chemistry while Jordan seems to be very cohesive. Pilipinas will be the underdog in this match-up, but I just don't like seeing fellow filipinos saying that it is impossible for us to win over Jordan. It will be difficult, but it is very possible. Good luck to Pilipinas, I hope we win all games from here on.
    yeah i agree, saying that team pilipinas has no shot of defeating this jordanian team is just complete BULLSHIT!
    KANINYA,CHIBAY,LANCHIAW BIN!

It's Yeng Guiao's time to do his tricks. I wanna see some prized players getting injured on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by merps baller the return View Post
    yeah i agree, saying that team pilipinas has no shot of defeating this jordanian team is just complete BULLSHIT!
    Seriously, you guys have no shot. Who is going to stop Wright and Abbas? What happened to JJ Halebrand? Why did he disappear in every game? I thought this was his coming out party?

Quote Originally Posted by watiwawa View Post
    Don't underestimate our D specially Yeng guiao's Defensive style. With mick on the team, who would've forget of the eugene tejada incident? the broken nose of alapag? the tactics he have done against dondon hontiveros, the D of the less talented players of red bull and everything. Who will also forget the NT that knocked down a japanese guy. PATAY KUNG PATAY! If we will play our TRUE Defense, Smile na lang Goodluck. LABAN PERLAS NG SILANGAN!
    also what he did against coach boyet fernandez when still playing for purefoods

have we lost our confidence of winning against jordan just because they beat us by 30 in the jones cup?

jones cup is a practice tournament. remember that was our first game as a team outside the country. also our team was incomplete. the way our team today is very much different than the team that played its 1st game in the jones cup

they led only by 2 at the end of first quarter. we let go of the game after that

also remember that we led the half in the game in tokushima...

they might be a more cohesive team than us but they are not unbeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShot View Post
    Seriously, you guys have no shot. Who is going to stop Wright and Abbas? What happened to JJ Halebrand? Why did he disappear in every game? I thought this was his coming out party?
    lets just wait for the game ok dude

haay here we go again... lets wait guys, dont make such bold predictions until its proven that they do in the PBA, they can also do it on a much difficult opponent.
    you know why I am happy

Quote Originally Posted by b3lowzro View Post
    haay here we go again... lets wait guys, dont make such bold predictions until its proven that they do in the PBA, they can also do it on a much difficult opponent.
    sino ba nagpredict? trans...who is madam rocha here?

Quote Originally Posted by ctongco View Post
    I don't understand why some filipino members highly doubt the capability of Powerade Pilipinas. I do agree that Jordan is a very strong team and a better team than they were at 2007. Pilipinas clearly lacks a lot of teamwork and chemistry while Jordan seems to be very cohesive. Pilipinas will be the underdog in this match-up, but I just don't like seeing fellow filipinos saying that it is impossible for us to win over Jordan. It will be difficult, but it is very possible. Good luck to Pilipinas, I hope we win all games from here on.
    Well it can't be helped with the lack luster preparation we had "again" bec of bad scheduling and lack of exposure bec of bad contract clauses really hurt us indefinitely in playing international ball and people like my self have been dying under the sun for 2 decades to see significant improvements by the PBA to top the Asian games team of the 1990's.

I mean we improved but as one poster here once said (sorry forgot your name) "We improved to the wrong direction".

Hope has withered away to skeptism but that does not mean the support is any less when it comes to our nation and the team that represents us. I can't say anything to the haters but I for one would be happy to eat my words of skeptism any given day for us to succeed and I bet most people here who've posted unfavorably to the chances of our team, feels the same way.

There's just the people who supports fully and can take the heart breaks and there's the people like me who just can't handle too much pain when athletes goes down.
    ~All men are born with a nose and ten fingers, but no one was born with a knowledge of God~

-Voltaire

This is the 2nd time I prayed for an athlete or a team since May.

in facing reality, i myself knows that this is a "gargantuan" task for our team...but this is basketball championship, there is really no easy way for glory. at this point i think our team really deserves our respect! believers or haters...

Fair-weather fans aside, this is going to be a good day for Philippine basketball fans in general. Win or lose i do think we showed (and will show) that even against tougher and bigger opponents we will come to play.

Jordan is very, very athletic and active on both ends of the floor. i only ask that they play with energy. No high-energy for RP for the entire 40 minutes. If we lose, it's because they are the better win. If we win, man that would be called slaying a giant in Asia.
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

in facing reality, i myself knows that this is a "gargantuan" task for our team...but this is basketball championship, there is really no easy way for glory. at this point i think our team really deserves our respect! believers or haters...
    Respect! That's the word I love to hear besides team Philippines from now on. I think our guys did a good job to earn it from our neighbors. Well... I hope~
    ~All men are born with a nose and ten fingers, but no one was born with a knowledge of God~

-Voltaire

sino ba nagpredict? trans...who is madam rocha here?
    huh? was i talking to you
    you know why I am happy

question: did we really improve from 2007 or it just seem we improved because of the the luck of the draw and the change our tournament format?

the 2007 team was more competitive against iran and im sure they could have also beaten CT and japan and maybe the top 4 teams

im sorry, but the elite teams this year are just too high a mountain to climb. the challenge in 2007 was much easier. this does not mean that we have improved.

well, if we win against jordan on friday, its a fluke!

Win or Lose my hat's off for the team.

At this stage we could have been blaming anyone already because our campaign is over, but look at us now? We are as excited as hell because we qualified for the quarters.

It has been a long time since this feeling of excitement was felt. Way way back when Allan Caidic is raining threes all over the place, and way back when Olsen missed his two free throws that could have sealed the game for us.

The thought is, cherish this moment, for it will be a long time before it will happen again.

Thanks RP team for bringing this kind of feeling to us all!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by don juan View Post
    question: did we really improve from 2007 or it just seem we improved because of the the luck of the draw and the change our tournament format?

the 2007 team was more competitive against iran and im sure they could have also beaten CT and japan and maybe the top 4 teams

im sorry, but the elite teams this year are just too high a mountain to climb. the challenge in 2007 was much easier. this does not mean that we have improved.

well, if we win against jordan on friday, its a fluke!
    Well my friend luck is part of the game (even if most consider it only 1%) but if we win by luck then I'll take that fluke any other day. lolz!

If we lose then I hope its respectable and Lets all pray to God that the PBA either changes for the better. (and that's a lot of changes that needs to be made).

-Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by tiffac View Post
    Well my friend luck is part of the game (even if most consider it only 1%) but if we win by luck then I'll take that fluke any other day. lolz!

If we lose then I hope its respectable and Lets all pray to God that the PBA either changes for the better. (and that's a lot of changes that needs to be made).
    I hope also. It seems that the PBA have taken away its attention to the RP team. The game is global right now.

If the PBA implements the 3-conference format once again, i will not watch their games anymore.

i personally think that this might be it for the RP Team -- nothing to be ashamed of really, i had a lot of fun following their every game...

well after all, this is only our 2nd Asian championship since a really long time. i'm just really glad that we've once again started sending serious teams to this tournament...

we can only go forward from this day on (unless BAP or PBA tries to screw us up again)

good luck!

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast