Quarter finals: Philippines vs. Jordan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by patay-butiki View Post
    norwood and dillinger are quick, solid defenders. they can also actually alternate in bringing down the ball.
    Of all the things you wrote this is what I like most.

I also think these two guys are the keys to at least match up with the Jordanians. They can both free our shooting guards with their picks. They can also drive strong to the basket, kick out a pass to one of our SGs or drop off to a waiting Forward.

Dillinger and Norwood can play a big difference for our team I'm sure. Their Defense is also a plus with Jared guarding R. Wright. I hope Coach YG uses them both more frequently.
    FOR FLAG AND COUNTRY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DimeDropper View Post
      Of all the things you wrote this is what I like most.

I also think these two guys are the keys to at least match up with the Jordanians. They can both free our shooting guards with their picks. They can also drive strong to the basket, kick out a pass to one of our SGs or drop off to a waiting Forward.

Dillinger and Norwood can play a big difference for our team I'm sure. Their Defense is also a plus with Jared guarding R. Wright. I hope Coach YG uses them both more frequently.
      But none of them(so far), knows how to shoot from the free-throw line

Comment

Originally posted by patay-butiki View Post
        i saw a glimpse of gabe norwood at PG in the Kuwait game earlier today.
        I dunno I feel, it came too little too late, Gabe was programmed (I know there's a good choice of word rather than program but bare with me. lolz) to attack when he has the ball and it showed when Gabe had the ball, instead of passing to create motion, he over dribbled and attacked the basket and some of them where ugly.

This could have worked if Yeng probably made Gabe a consistent facilitator before hand but we needed him more on offense bec he was placed at SF. I think if we use Gabe against Jordan and not re-program him to facilitate like what Yeng did to Jayjay and Willie, then it would be a disaster for us and Gabe.

I saw Yeng trying to experiment with the line up earlier by playing Japeth, Kerby, Arwind along with Gabe at the point and I hope Yeng saw some potential and can create with what he experimented coz my fear is we may lose consistency of what we already have, if we make sudden adjustments.

We got one day preparation, make it count guys~!
        ~All men are born with a nose and ten fingers, but no one was born with a knowledge of God~

-Voltaire

Comment

This is indeed a tough test. Time to throw all the stats away--- the preparations or lack thereof, that's all insignificant now. Whoever will come to play on Friday and execute will win it.

Am pretty sure Yeng has a few surprises against Jordan. The question really is if those surprises are enough.

Go Pinas. You've made us feel good so far, now it's time to make us proud.
          If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

after all the sacrifices and trainings...the system and skills, this is it! a do or die for RP NT! THE REAL TEST..begins or gone...

Comment

lets stop dreaming guys... phil cant beat jordan... ehehe... we should aim for 5th or 6th place...

Comment

Even when I took the final time-out my message to the players was ‘we can either die like warriors or die like chickens.’ I’m proud my boys came out warriors,” - Rajko Toroman

That's the kind of mentality our team should have with the game against Jordan!

Comment

Jordan must not take this games too seriously. Philippines is an easy opponent... they must rest and look forward to the next high level opponent.

Para yari kayo. Trans: That's the best thing jordan should do.
                  Oh come on, mamon!

Comment

Originally posted by jesronne View Post
                    lets stop dreaming guys... phil cant beat jordan... ehehe... we should aim for 5th or 6th place...
                    Nothing wrong to dream my friend besides its free.
                    ~All men are born with a nose and ten fingers, but no one was born with a knowledge of God~

-Voltaire

Comment

what the coward
                      GO TEAM PILIPINAS!!! LABAN!!!

Comment

Projected stat:

Philippines lose, the additional member of posters at the PBA/Philippine board will be immense. Believe me.
                        Philppines win, the additional member of "fans" will be immense. Don't doubt that.
                        If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                          Projected stat:

Philippines lose, the additional member of posters at the PBA/Philippine board will be immense. Believe me.
                          Philppines win, the additional member of "fans" will be immense. Don't doubt that.
                          You mean haters will be justified, the won-overs will be called turncoats and the supporters will be shamed by the haters...

-Voltaire

Comment

There will be some surprises..Jordan is expecting Pinas to play a defensive game..Well, just two words fellas,"Yeng Guiao"..I wont be surprised if he opts for an all-out offensive game..Coz i dont think Jordan can outgun us. They may be bigger, and just as fast but they're too mechanical.

Comment

coach yeng: tirahin agad yung numero singko.

trans.
                              make rashiem work on the the defensive end.

Comment

if rashiem plays vs RP the same way he played today,well i dont wanna be hard on u guys but he will tear UR D,even the great WALL of china coudlnt stop him on his worst shooting night.he outplayed that chinese dude who plays for the lakers,not to forget zeid abbas and sam daghlas. your D must be at it's best that day

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information