Quarter finals: Philippines vs. Jordan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quarter finals: Philippines vs. Jordan

With the win of China over Jordan, the stage is set for the quarterfinal duel between Philippines vs. Jordan. May the best team win!

Laban Pilipinas!!!
    FOR FLAG AND COUNTRY!!!

Comment

Finally china againts jordan was over it really takes my breath away
      Now we really need to concentrate pray and hope for the best that our team played well this friday we will be needed their true character to come out

come on pilipinas show now what you really have!

Comment

i dont think it will be a close game frankly

Comment

Originally posted by marko View Post
          i dont think it will be a close game frankly
          I think you're right, With the Philippines winning it.

Comment

With the way Jordan played tonight, I would be satisfied if Team Pilipinas won't be blown out on Friday.

Of course with enough miracle, nothing is impossible.

Comment

Now is the time we are going to really, really miss the presence of Kelly Wiliams. China won't be the best asian team in 3 years time. Someone from the middle east will take that away from them!

Comment

NOW IT BEGINS...
                This is the ultimate test for the Powerade Team. I'm having goose bumps remembering the past RP teams who were in the same situation in the previous tourneys. Ang unang mangatog dito... TALO!
                FOR FLAG AND COUNTRY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                  With the way Jordan played tonight, I would be satisfied if Team Pilipinas won't be blown out on Friday.

I think there's no need for a miracle Bro!

Mai-shoot lang natin lahat ang FTs at 3pts... sigurado panalo! Well, ok sige... yun ang himala! LOL

Trans: We need to shoot some miracle shots!
                  FOR FLAG AND COUNTRY!!!

Comment

this is the team which humiliated coach yeng 90-59 several weeks ago...,...it will be a tough tough game for the philippines,.... i am seeing that 75% possibility is that jOrdan shall win... well... win or lose,.. we must not forget that our team did their best.... hmm... being in the quarters was such an achievement.. 5th or 6th was my predicted finish.... though... if there will be a miracle...we can be 3rd or 4th.// 2 games more...and we will go to turkey... but these games are tough... let say that if we beat jordan... then we will face more probably iran... in the semis...if we won that..we are going to turkey..if not..we will face lebanon vs china loser.... if we lose that we will go for a wildcard tournament if we shall finish 4th..well... it was just so exciting to see if we will be in the top 4 at least....so...the game against jordan will be the turning point./
                    AKO ANG SIMULA!!! BABANGON ANG PILIPINAS!!!

Comment

imo, on conditioning we already have an advantage against jordan. jordan will enter friday's game coming from a tough loss from china where all their key players played extended minutes (r. wright 36 minutes), while on the other hand, our key players are well rested thanks to kuwait for our last assignment. our team should take advantage of this situation. remember in 2007, that was the case. after surviving the group of death, jordan suffered losses from korea and japan, which eliminated them in the quarters. we also need to outdefend and outhustle jordan. we must not come there with only offense in mind but also defense. mario palma is a hell of a coach. he knows how to shut down our offense. remember he did it against alapag and caguioa. defense will be the key in this game. we need to play tough defense and of course we need to convert our outside shooting. hope we can avenge our two losses to this squad. let's all hope and pray for the best. we can do it. goodluck to our team. Go RP!

Comment

i saw a glimpse of gabe norwood at PG in the Kuwait game earlier today. it wasn't really something to crow about, but i think norwood at point is our best chance to be competitive with jordan.

again, i think this is the best line-up for our team:

1. norwood PG 6-6
                        2. baguio/yap/miller SG
                        3. dillinger SF 6-5
                        4. aguilar PF 6-9
                        5. pennisi C 6-9

norwood and dillinger are quick, solid defenders. they can also actually alternate in bringing down the ball.

norwood, SG, dillinger, even japeth should be great in the run-and-gun offense.

pennisi will defend against the tall centers, while aguilar will man the shaded area, ready to swat the ball from slashers.

baguio/yap/miller and pennisi will be the designated trey shooters. but dillinger, norwood and even japeth are also capable of shooting 'em 3's.

the line-up is tall, but is also quick. offense will run thru norwood, and i believe he can deliver. i dream of seeing norwood slashing and dropping off to japeth for the slamma jamma.

i feel that the conventional line-up (with the short backcourt tandem) may not be enough to offset jordan's height (and heft) advantage. it's now time to surprise (and ambush) an obviously confident jordan team. the 1st quarter has always been the problem of the philippines. if we play our cards right and do the unexpected (as say use the line-up i recommended above), i think we have a very good chance of winning the game tomorrow. by double digits!

but ofcourse i'm just an arm-chair coach. for whatever it's worth, i respect yeng's philosophy. it's a confident (sometimes arrogant) no nonsense, all business, no holds barred, take no enemies, patay-kung-patay kind of coaching. he steered the team to the quarters. i feel he's got something up his sleeve that may just surprise our opponents, as well as the so-called realist pinoy fans who are quick to find fault on team pilipinas.

mga pare ko. team pilipinas ang koponan ng bayan natin. maniwala kayo sa team pilipinas. maniwala kayo sa bayan natin. kaya natin 'to!

trans: my friends. team philippines is the team of our nation. believe in team philippines. believe in our nation. we can do it.

and before i forget.....

FREE GABE NORWOOD!!!
                        Dead Lizard.

Comment

Ako lang ba hindi maka-access ng Pinoyexchange???

Comment

Originally posted by greenarcher View Post

well, with the way you answered the poll that we won't reach the quarterfinals, i wouldn't really care whatever will satisfy you.
                            Dead Lizard.

Comment

This could be a very competitive game. However, this can also be turn into a blow-out game if our team won't play their heart's out! We are 2 win away for that elusive FIBA World Championship dreams. 2 more wins! We are the underdog, we are the laughingstock for most of the other 7 qualified teams, we are a fluke, a pushover even the weakest of this bunch. But I say f**$ that! Let 'em under-estimate our capabilities! Our boys needs to show up and play like it's the last 2 games of their entire life! Play like there is no tomorrow!! or not.....

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information