Page 1 of 109 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 2165

Thread: IBN Ballers Club (Philippines)

  1. #1
    Senior Member durden_tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    14,104

    Default IBN Ballers Club (Philippines)

    Since OBVIOUSLY we are all basketball fans, don't you think we should bring all these (from flamebaits to on-court trashtalks) to the hardwood?

    If you have game, if you have time, let's do this. i know the EB party looks bleak now but this could be the alternative. And a very nice alternative since we can drop a few pounds and excess alcohol

    Let's decide on the day and the venue and let's do this once a week.

    Let's see if IBN posters has real balls inside the court.

    (Be kind though am just a pass-first point guard but i really want another weekly basketball--- i have one at PEX--- so that we aren't just fans of the game, but players of it too. One way and the other

    On that note here's a future conversation in the court when we play:

    On a two-on-one fastbreak... Team A on offense...

    Team A Player #1: Lintek, pasa mo pare bola para kang PBA maglaro eh dapat gayahin natin yung turo ni Toroman.

    Team A Player #2: Eh kasing galing ko sa dribble si Willie Miller eh kaya ko na to...

    Team A Player #2 drives all the way and misses the shot...

    Team A Player #1: 'tang ina sabi na nga ba eh.

    Team A Player #2: Bawi na lang maya. Tinatago ko lang laro ko for next week.

    Team B player (the one who got the rebound) thoughts: Damn these Filipinos they are fighting amongst themselves...

    Game?!
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

    SMALLBALL, bitches..

  2. #2
    Senior Member merps baller the return's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    taiwan
    Posts
    838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by durden_tyler View Post
    Since OBVIOUSLY we are all basketball fans, don't you think we should bring all these (from flamebaits to on-court trashtalks) to the hardwood?

    If you have game, if you have time, let's do this. i know the EB party looks bleak now but this could be the alternative. And a very nice alternative since we can drop a few pounds and excess alcohol

    Let's decide on the day and the venue and let's do this once a week.

    Let's see if IBN posters has real balls inside the court.

    (Be kind though am just a pass-first point guard but i really want another weekly basketball--- i have one at PEX--- so that we aren't just fans of the game, but players of it too. One way and the other

    On that note here's a future conversation in the court when we play:

    On a two-on-one fastbreak... Team A on offense...

    Team A Player #1: Lintek, pasa mo pare bola para kang PBA maglaro eh dapat gayahin natin yung turo ni Toroman.

    Team A Player #2: Eh kasing galing ko sa dribble si Willie Miller eh kaya ko na to...

    Team A Player #2 drives all the way and misses the shot...

    Team A Player #1: 'tang ina sabi na nga ba eh.

    Team A Player #2: Bawi na lang maya. Tinatago ko lang laro ko for next week.

    Team B player (the one who got the rebound) thoughts: Damn these Filipinos they are fighting amongst themselves...

    Game?!
    im going home this aug. 15 im in this for sure ill pm you pag anjan nako sa pinaslets get it on!
    KANINYA,CHIBAY,LANCHIAW BIN!

  3. #3
    Senior Member raichu08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    602
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    nice! though I havent played for a year and is now out of shape. Would be nice to see the guys do their talking on the court. As they say, Actions speak louder than blogs or in this case, forum arrogance.

  4. #4
    Senior Member durden_tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    14,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raichu08 View Post
    nice! though I havent played for a year and is now out of shape. Would be nice to see the guys do their talking on the court. As they say, Actions speak louder than blogs or in this case, forum arrogance.
    Haha. i am pretty sure most of us are out of shape. And come to think of it, those who will go are the nicer persons--- arrogance, they come out when you are behind a keyboard

    But am serious with this, let's be real we are basketball fans but what are we really if we can't play the game even at the lowest level? Let's keep it real
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

    SMALLBALL, bitches..

  5. #5
    Senior Member iandi_dunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    290
    Country: New Zealand

    Default

    i would like to join its a very good idea.. i dont post very here often.. but i love the game that much.

  6. #6
    Senior Member rensquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    QC
    Posts
    1,624

    Default

    I like this! Bring it on! My ankle is almost healed! hehehe. When and Where guys? I usually play at PMI (in Roosevelt) MWF 8-10PM. If you guys wanna join, just tell me.

    Or if you want, we can play somewhere else. hehehe. I'm getting excited already!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    265

    Default

    Count me in.....

  8. #8
    Senior Member ramzaruglia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    843

    Default

    Mind if I can be a coach? I really don't play but I have lots of plays on my sleeve

  9. #9
    Senior Member durden_tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    14,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ramzaruglia View Post
    Mind if I can be a coach? I really don't play but I have lots of plays on my sleeve
    We don't welcome foreign coaches. You have to get a letter of permission from the BCAP

    Sana umabot naman tayong kinse para di pagod!
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

    SMALLBALL, bitches..

  10. #10
    Junior Member katigir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    23

    Default

    This is a good idea mga toolll....
    Count me in hehe

  11. #11
    Senior Member saints13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    C-5, Makati
    Posts
    4,292

    Default

    i'm out of shape too..oblong na ako..hahaha. I'm in. when and where po?
    It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
    I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

  12. #12
    Senior Member durden_tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    14,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saints13 View Post
    i'm out of shape too..oblong na ako..hahaha. I'm in. when and where po?
    We can call this the Out-of-Shape League since that's what it looks like

    First, we decide on a venue:

    Crossing Star Mall has quadruple courts (di nga lang tabla) but is one the cheapest in town (rough guesstimate: 400?).. Then there's the RFM Gym, Reyes Gym, Acropolis in Mandaluyong... Covered hardwood courts with lights cost around 800 pesos i believe.

    This is usually what we do, we make reservations for two hours (so double the rates) and divide that by 15~20, the ideal number so that we can have rest in between ball games.

    100 a night would be standard and relatively cheap if we can have a full attendance. Pero yung nga lang, saan kaya malapit ang lahat?
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

    SMALLBALL, bitches..

  13. #13
    Senior Member sickcurtain_16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    1,188
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Count me in guys!!!

    durden_tyler is correct. I met a lot of worst forum people who are very meek in person.hehehe
    Please visit -->THE IGNORED GENIUS

  14. #14
    Senior Member saints13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    C-5, Makati
    Posts
    4,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by durden_tyler View Post
    We can call this the Out-of-Shape League since that's what it looks like

    First, we decide on a venue:

    Crossing Star Mall has quadruple courts (di nga lang tabla) but is one the cheapest in town (rough guesstimate: 400?).. Then there's the RFM Gym, Reyes Gym, Acropolis in Mandaluyong... Covered hardwood courts with lights cost around 800 pesos i believe.

    This is usually what we do, we make reservations for two hours (so double the rates) and divide that by 15~20, the ideal number so that we can have rest in between ball games.

    100 a night would be standard and relatively cheap if we can have a full attendance. Pero yung nga lang, saan kaya malapit ang lahat?
    we need 15 people in attendance. how bout sending your contact #'s. tapos we could meet in advance para mag-ambagan ng pera for reservation sa venue, since its hard for anyone to organize a basketball game. and it seems that all of the above mentioned venues has some sort of reservation fees.
    It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
    I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

  15. #15
    Senior Member rensquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    QC
    Posts
    1,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saints13 View Post
    we need 15 people in attendance. how bout sending your contact #'s. tapos we could meet in advance para mag-ambagan ng pera for reservation sa venue, since its hard for anyone to organize a basketball game. and it seems that all of the above mentioned venues has some sort of reservation fees.
    Agreed! Already sent my contact number to sir Durden_Tyler.

    By the way, do you guys want to have a referee when we play? Coz, we have one everytime we play in PMI. It spices up the game you know, and less possibility of getting injured

  16. #16
    Senior Member durden_tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    14,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rensquared View Post
    Agreed! Already sent my contact number to sir Durden_Tyler.

    By the way, do you guys want to have a referee when we play? Coz, we have one everytime we play in PMI. It spices up the game you know, and less possibility of getting injured
    Cool. How much is the referee's costs these days? And how much to assure my team of W?
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

    SMALLBALL, bitches..

  17. #17
    Senior Member ramzaruglia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    843

    Default

    Hey I'm not a foreign coach... And being a member of that single minded BCAP. I don't want it. If coaching will not do, pwede Ref na lang?(mind if I'll be a referee)

  18. #18
    Senior Member saints13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    C-5, Makati
    Posts
    4,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rensquared View Post
    Agreed! Already sent my contact number to sir Durden_Tyler.

    By the way, do you guys want to have a referee when we play? Coz, we have one everytime we play in PMI. It spices up the game you know, and less possibility of getting injured
    may referee? sosyal

    well, i'm cool with anything basta please lang sana matuloy naman this time.
    don't worry guys nothing fancy naman, basta kailangan e enough numbers to play basketball.
    It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
    I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

  19. #19
    Senior Member durden_tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    14,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saints13 View Post
    may referee? sosyal

    well, i'm cool with anything basta please lang sana matuloy naman this time.
    don't worry guys nothing fancy naman, basta kailangan e enough numbers to play basketball.
    The ball is in everybody's hands. It's kind of pathetic to think that this will again be all plans but hey, am not giving up
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

    SMALLBALL, bitches..

  20. #20
    Senior Member sickcurtain_16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    1,188
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    si ramzargulia puede daw magref. game ako. may number ako ni durden, i'll just text him and give my number. Im ok on weekends. (saturday afternoon, preferably)
    Please visit -->THE IGNORED GENIUS

Page 1 of 109 1231151101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •