• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ iranian, oh, its ok, besides we dont care about U
    GO TEAM PILIPINAS!!! LABAN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kerdito View Post
      Iran is a team with 3 deadfull weapons : Mahdi Kamrani the PG, Samad Nikhah the Forward scoring machine and of course Hamed Haddadi the wall of Iran, a terrific block shoter with a good touch (comparing to Asian Level not NBA of course) anyway the first key to stop Iran is to put Mahdi ( one of the best PG if he ain't the best) under big time pressure, and avoiding Haddadi's blocks maybe trying to get him into foul trouble ( Aguilar's mission if he was hot) and maybe Aguilar is able to defend Samad Nikkhah since he is quick and Athletic. anyway Good luck..... tough game.
      1. dillinger/norwood/baguio on kamrani.
      2. dillinger/norwood/santos on samad.
      3. asi/pennisi on haddadi.

please, no james yap on either kamrani or samad. miller/helterbrand may also need help on kamrani. maybe they should guard the SG instead.
      Dead Lizard.

Comment

Originally posted by patay-butiki View Post
        1. i'm not a big fan of strategies like this.
        2. china is not as strong as before (based on their games so far here in tianjin).
        But it is a given that they are the strongest. But here's a thought, if we do consider this strategy imagine the horror when Jordan manages to upset China and we were stuck at #3! It's a collision with China anyway!

So yeah, play our cards every time and play them to win. If this was poker, we never have the big stacks to begin with; what's the point of strategy if we are going to lose 'em chips anyway?
        If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Originally posted by donspark47 View Post
          Hope coach YG give more playing time to Gabe..he is not getting his rhythm, hope the coaches seen for that it might play as point or any specific role what he is gonna do..hope he can start the ball game vs IRAN for match ups and bring back his confidence, it seems he is out of rhythm now... it could like this'

PENISSI - C
          AGUILAR - F
          DILINGER - F
          YAP - G
          NORWOOD - G

But if he is out of rhythm again in the 7 mins. play for 1st qtr. I guess it's time to substitute, the important is coaches test his playing minutes..

- Still Gabe, Kerby and Arwind are out of rhythm, James Yap is done for CT, hope this guys shown tomorrow...
          i agree. FREE GABE NORWOOD!!!
          Dead Lizard.

Comment

1. i'm not a big fan of strategies like this.
            2. china is not as strong as before (based on their games so far here in tianjin).
            Me either. Let's just play the game and win as much games as we can! Go RP!
            Please visit -->THE IGNORED GENIUS

Comment

Win or lose we eventually have to face either Jordan or Lebanon. Right?

And the only way to meet Qatar instead of those 2 is to beat Iran and Kuwait while Iran beats Korea. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                Win or lose we eventually have to face either Jordan or Lebanon. Right?

And the only way to meet Qatar instead of those 2 is to beat Iran and Kuwait while Iran beats Korea. Right?
                That's about right. And even then we'd have to worry about how many points Iran has over Korea. So it's really out of our hands positioning, match-ups)

i say, let's play to win nonetheless.
                If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                  Good points. But isn't that looking too far ahead? China is in a different level probably but not a mile compared to Jordan, Iran and Lebanon. Either way, we'd have to pass TWO of these teams (knockout stages) if we want to qualify.

This team has not played together for so long i think it's important to continue building on their confidence as we go along--- we need that, we have such a volatile, streaky group of players that i think playing to win helps more rather than scouting/preparing and such.

Oh well, we'll see Guiao's plans about 12 hours from now.
                  China's focus is somewhat questionable, based on their games with UAE and Kaz--they couldnt blow them out thoroughly. Yes they're strong right now but so far, they've not been the mad beast i expected. I won't be that surprised if the hungry Mideast teams beat them.

Comment

if I were Coach Yeng since we'll eventually meet either Jordan or Lebanon i would use tomorrow's ballgame to test some really good set plays that can free up our SF.. so far they're not really successful with Jared and Norwood didn't even attempted to attack the basket that often..

they should also slow down the game to avoid injury and conserve energy.. at this point in the tourney, it is really important also to prepare ahead..

winning or losing does not really matter for me.. the important thing is they'll develop some penetration and inside play..

if they win then good, Iran might pull an upset against Korea.. yes it's not a typo, Korea is my favorite to beat Iran slightly..

if they lose, then at least they've gained something from playing with a MidEast country..
                    Impossible is Nothing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Run'N Gun View Post
                      so what do you want guys for tomorrow, W or L?
                      Originally posted by iranian View Post
                      L big margin..sorry
                      you are aware that that question goes for whichever team you are supporting yeah?
                      Jarinx Basketball @BuzzerBeater.com
                      http://www.buzzerbeater.com/team/107143/overview.aspx

Comment

i agree. FREE GABE NORWOOD!!!
                        Gabe is not ready to lead this team, I don't see it happening, you got Jayjay who leads the team in assist and Miller who shows he can light up the outside shots at the 1 spot already. Gabe has not done both, so it would be counter productive to pressure Gabe at the 1 spot when he has yet to get any footing in the tourney.

Also I'm getting pissed at Kerby's tendency to not make the quick pass and opt out to pump fake the pass and letting the opponent set up their defense, he just can't let go of that tendency.

Dillinger on the other hand won't scrap for the ball when its going outside, this is the second straight game where he let the ball go out, thinking the opposition touched it last, you don't think, you just get the ball.

Thank God for Willie, James and Jayjay 3pt shooting they lit up the game against CT.

I don't expect us to win tomorrow but I would like to see a close and respectable game still.
                        ~All men are born with a nose and ten fingers, but no one was born with a knowledge of God~

-Voltaire

Comment

oo nga no

trans: iranian poser, youre owned
                          GO TEAM PILIPINAS!!! LABAN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tiffac View Post
                            Gabe is not ready to lead this team, I don't see it happening, you got Jayjay who leads the team in assist and Miller who shows he can light up the outside shots at the 1 spot already. Gabe has not done both, so it would be counter productive to pressure Gabe at the 1 spot when he has yet to get any footing in the tourney.

Also I'm getting pissed at Kerby's tendency to not make the quick pass and opt out to pump fake the pass and letting the opponent set up their defense, he just can't let go of that tendency.

Dillinger on the other hand won't scrap for the ball when its going outside, this is the second straight game where he let the ball go out, thinking the opposition touched it last, you don't think, you just get the ball.

Thank God for Willie, James and Jayjay 3pt shooting they lit up the game against CT.

I don't expect us to win tomorrow but I would like to see a close and respectable game still.
                            maybe. but IMHO, gambling with Norwood at PG may be key to winning over the WABA teams and China. We need a tall line-up against those teams. A back court tandem like miller-yap is just too undersized for the bigger teams.

you don't expect us to win tomorrow? you are entitled to your own opinion. but given the track record of your predictions (nothing new here, you consistently think we'll lose), i think we'll do good tomorrow.

Originally posted by tiffac View Post
                            That's the approach of the PBA for a long time now. That is why we have struggled for so long... but now we can thank God that after this SBP will take over for our NT projects after this stint.

I know we are going to lose, I just hope its not that bad and we somehow by a miracle reach the 3rd round.
                            himala! may himala!

trans: miracle! there's a miracle!
                            Dead Lizard.

Comment

maybe. but IMHO, gambling with Norwood at PG may be key to winning over the WABA teams and China. We need a tall line-up against those teams. A back court tandem like miller-yap is just too undersized for the bigger teams.

you don't expect us to win tomorrow? you are entitled to your own opinion. but given the track record of your predictions (nothing new here, you consistently think we'll lose), i think we'll do good tomorrow.

himala! may himala!

agreed that norwood should be allowed to play PG. i saw him yet again bring down the ball for a few seconds. i thought he's way better than our best buddy Miller who by the way is a hero in this win over taipei. But Miller got pawned again by the opponent's pg turning over the ball in a one on one match up hehe.
                              AD ASTRA PER ASPERA

Comment

himala! may himala!

Where did the flame bait come from? I don't make predictions, I hate making predictions, Don't take my word out of context for pete sake, didn't we lose 1 game to SoKo already? All I want is respectability is that too hard to ask and respect?

Dude if you need to look for a hater to flame someone, your looking at the wrong guy. I don't hate and if you've really followed my post (which of course I bet you didn't and of course couldn't....) I always stated and I quote "I rather be proven wrong"

Go to PEX my friend if you need to flame bait someone.
                                ~All men are born with a nose and ten fingers, but no one was born with a knowledge of God~

-Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information