No announcement yet.

Group E, Day 2: Philippines vs. Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good game team pilipinas.. heres to more improvement on the coming games! goodluck!

Comment

• Originally posted by hawke12 View Post
      Kirby, Arwind and Japeth WAKE UP!!!!!!
      I think its late for Kerby. Yeng's system is just not for this guy. Kerby score first attitude is delaying the pass that he should be swinging FAST to the cutters and poppers and he creates bad spacing coz he wants to wander underneath the basket where he is undersize.

Arwind is just too weak in terms of upper body, he gets bounced around when screens are set. He got beat too many times in this game when he was inserted. Arwind needs to work on his upper body and stop being content on being a skinny guy.

Japeth actually did well as a help defense but his lack of practice with the team since his injury is now a suspect, he is getting lost in the rotation and does not know what he needs to do. Hope Japeth can get it together, we need him more so we can stop playing Kerby too much.
      ~All men are born with a nose and ten fingers, but no one was born with a knowledge of God~

-Voltaire

Comment

• eh....P.I. didn't really impress me tonight....yes they had an ok game..ok shooting but it was only Yap and Miller who did most of those (props to them yah)......but the team just don't have the killer instinct yet...seems as if they are too puss* to draw a foul...too scared to slash in the paint....almost everyone was standing behind the three point line the whole game...it was a winnable game but they just don't click....they are adjusting every game but its just disappointing how they perform as a team... their set plays are too predictable and they always play catch...and I'm not too sure with Yeng's player combinations too.....Kerby gets more minutes than Japeth...I think that's bullshi* on Yeng's part...but I'm still down with this team...good luck tomorrow...

Comment

• i hope most of you are satisfied with this game.. it was close and respectable..

i am still hoping that our team will develop an inside play or at least mid range jumper that is not contested or forced.. we badly needed it in the quarters.. especially now that we started to get respect in the rainbow territory..

overall, you can't ask for more on this team.. they played hard especially Jared.. i think he got heavy minutes today..
          Impossible is Nothing!!!

Comment

• Look at our FG percentages. They're all below 45%.

But the rebounding numbers surprised me.

Comment

• Originally posted by bolabasket View Post
              [B][SIZE="4"]
              ^raymundo's our most consistent player by far. consistently shit.
              Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

Comment

• Originally posted by tiffac View Post
                D@mn! we lost but good game.

Yeng and our boys should work on our 1st qtr performance. That 1st qtr has always been our problem. If we didn't let Iran go 30+ on the 1st, this would have been closer but 10pts after being down by what 23? Not bad for a team who didn't have enough preparation.

And we saw a consistent 3pt shooting and Gabe and Dillinger getting their offense going. Lets hope it continues~

9am tomorrow against Kuwait!
                In this game before it started, the team has conditioned in their minds that we would lose to Iran. So even if we were leading 6-0, our guys were tentative and surprised we were ahead. Then we let them pound us in the 1st quarter but as soon as our players saw that good defense and good 3 point shooting could could make us catch up, that's the time we got going. But to chase a 24 point lead took it's toll on our players at the end game. It was a good game and actually a good tournament for the guys. They must believe they can do it and keep on fighting. I felt Jayjay should have been in the court in the last few minutes and controled the offense, Willie had a hard time deciding on that part of the game on what to do. With a tired Iran, Willie at the 2 makes him dangerous. But still Arwind and Japeth are non-factors, hope they take this as a challenge and they wake up in the coming games. I hope Coach Yeng use Arwind, Kerby and Japeth in more minutes against Kuwait so that they would regain their confidence so that our team have more weapons come the quarterfinals where I see our team facing either Lebanon or Jordan. It would be a difficult game but I know with hard work our team has a chance to still win the game in order to get into the semifinals.
                LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
                Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinDurant View Post
                  haddadi is hurt.....
                  haddadi is hurt???\
                  Really??

Comment

• Haddadi played 39 minutes...
                    And we had W. Miller logging 31 minutes. Everyone else had 23 or below

We are armchair coaches and scouts here and all but am pretty sure Yeng knows what he is doing compared to all of us, combined.

By the way, congrats Iran you played your game and you are indeed the defending champions; simply high quality players in your 8-9 man rotation.

Let's take care of business tomorrow and we are still on pace: look for the upset in the quarters.
                    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
                      agree about their long range shots. That was a miraculous day ! hatts off to their shooters !

our team had a very good start and a horrible finish ! they played look like a school match in the second half, VERY CARELESS and LAZY ! I don't know why matic benched Kamrani and Sahakian in the second half !!

anyhow, this is Asian Championship, a win is a win ! and we won almost easily.
                      tomorrow match is more important to me ! we never beat Korea in Asian Champs (we beat them at 2006 Asian Games)
                      tomorrow is the main match.
                      Today wasn't Afagh's day both in offense and defense he didn't play well.
                      I think Aren could have helped in defense guarding their not so tall shooters.
                      As you said they lost concentration in the 2nd half

Comment

• You can't win being on the losing end of 21 ft shots conversion.
                        Attrocious

Comment

• Originally posted by FEIFEI View Post
                          haddadi is hurt???\
                          Really??
                          No. Just a slight bruise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nando View Post
                            ^raymundo's our most consistent player by far. consistently shit.
                            But Kerby played good defense against the athletic big man of Chinese-Taipei, that was key in our win aside from our fantastic 3 point shooting.
                            LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
                            Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                            THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• Ehdadi made his presence felt both offense & defense, he nullified our penetrators & Big men but still good game for team philippines

Comment

• you need at least two 6'10 defensive and rebounding big guys to be competitive in international competition...you have good shooters but no defensive stopper inside.I rank your team Philippinns maybe around 6 or 7 in asia.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information