Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Group E, Day 2: Philippines vs. Iran

Quote Originally Posted by patay-butiki View Post
    dude, the kid's confidence is shot because of lack of PT. but if you actually look closely, norwood and dillinger are the fastest, peskiest defenders on the court. so he's already a plus on the defensive side. he may sometime look like out of control on the offensive side, but at this point, i think we have to gamble with him at PG.

i still believe norwood is team pilipinas' key to success. a tall line-up may create mismatches for us, without sacrifing defense.

again, norwood-baguio-dillinger-aguilar-pennisi may be the best starting 5.

again, give them a lot of PT especially starting the quarterfinals.

again, FREE GABE NORWOOD!!!
    Remember the exhibition games? Norwood was used most of the time at two. It's unfortunate that he must be used at the 3 which isn't his natural position.

I agree with you we should free Gabe, but not to be used as a pg. Because Miller has gotten comfortable manning the point and he could affect Willie's performance. I would like Gabe to switch between 2 and 3, at 2 he and Santos seem to be a good combination because the way Santos is playing right now he can't fit the 3 position and seem to be more at home being a 2.

It's a sad, pathetic day when losing by less than double digits is an achievement for us. Why do we keep hoping anyway? Quixotic?

From someone: "Wake up Kirby, Arwind, Japeth ..." yes there are more 3 pt shots to shoot.

Arwind fundamentally unsound; doesn't bend knees on FTs, can dunk but not box out, does the cross-over but fumbles the ball, takes fade-away 3s that fall short (without the fading away, would it have fallen in?) Yet he's a scoring leader (?), & MVP runner-up to DRIBBLE Helterbrand. Which shows you what's wrong with RP ball.

Coach Jacob's simple instructions for 1986 ABC, NO EASY SHOTS for opponents. FTs, fastbreaks are easy shots. even at SMB, he perfected tough defense without fouling; even boneheads like Asaytono can assimilate it. Lot's of times when he coached, SMB wouldn't be in penalty for any quarter. Though it didn't translate to titles without Seigle then.

Different YG philosophy: without fouls, no nosejob for little Jimmy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

how i wish John Wall is a Filipino american....size doesnt matter

Quote Originally Posted by regierr View Post
    Remember the exhibition games? Norwood was used most of the time at two. It's unfortunate that he must be used at the 3 which isn't his natural position.

I agree with you we should free Gabe, but not to be used as a pg. Because Miller has gotten comfortable manning the point and he could affect Willie's performance. I would like Gabe to switch between 2 and 3, at 2 he and Santos seem to be a good combination because the way Santos is playing right now he can't fit the 3 position and seem to be more at home being a 2.
    But you know what Bro... I think I'm liking this thought, especially when they face the much taller WABA teams.
    Norwood at PG, Miller at SG, Jared on SF. You have a fast team here who can all shoot threes.

Plus... I noticed Miller shots the treys in rhythm. Catch, jump and shoot...
    Norwood could be at least a big screen for him to set up the shot...
    FOR FLAG AND COUNTRY!!!

More than half or half of our rplayers are dime a dozen!

Quote Originally Posted by DimeDropper View Post
    But you know what Bro... I think I'm liking this thought, especially when they face the much taller WABA teams.
    Norwood at PG, Miller at SG, Jared on SF. You have a fast team here who can all shoot threes.

Plus... I noticed Miller shots the treys in rhythm. Catch, jump and shoot...
    Norwood could be at least a big screen for him to set up the shot...
    It's a great idea and I REALLY think it can work but can we afford to use our 2 sf's at the same time, Gabe and Jared, without them getting into foul trouble? Our line up is depleted because of injury to Kwill and Santos has become such a liability that his presence is ghost like.

If we were using a short 8-10 man rotation this idea could work. Use Gabe at 1 then substitute him for a pg and when Jared gets tired bring back Gabe, but Yeng likes to use the full rotation of players and fouling seems to be a part of Yeng's system.

Kelly Williams could have made a difference for this tournament!

Quote Originally Posted by regierr View Post
    but Yeng likes to use the full rotation of players and fouling seems to be a part of Yeng's system.
    You're right... I overlooked this one.

Kerby, Arwind and Japeth could at least take this responsibilty from the SF... but the way things are going..., DAMN!!! Now, we miss Kelly!
    FOR FLAG AND COUNTRY!!!

I hope Japeth, Arwind and Kerby would redeem themselves tomorrow. I think it's about time for them to regain their confidence and start to feel again the game, IMHO. And our key players would also need to take a breather tomorrow by minimizing their playing time in order to prepare themselves for the succeeding KO match-ups.

I hope to see Kerby as the Kerby I saw in Tokushima 2 years ago.

Go Team Pilipinas. Fight!

Quote Originally Posted by javasandreen View Post
    I hope Japeth, Arwind and Kerby would redeem themselves tomorrow. I think it's about time for them to regain their confidence and start to feel again the game, IMHO. And our key players would also need to take a breather tomorrow by minimizing their playing time in order to prepare themselves for the succeeding KO match-ups.

I hope to see Kerby as the Kerby I saw in Tokushima 2 years ago.

Go Team Pilipinas. Fight!
    I say the coaching staff should play our guards(Miller,Yap,Helterbrand and Norwwod) more minutes on tomorrow's game to continue their current shooting streak, to atleast build some sort of a shoting momentum(whatever that means!)Yeah, Japeth and Kerby's time to shine for tomorrows game. Ooopps.. watch out for those dunk's.. my boss's money is on you... don't be injured okay!

Quote Originally Posted by randomguy View Post
    Kelly Williams could have made a difference for this tournament!
    especially his intensity underneath....perhaps he could replace Arwind...
    SMART GILAS: all the way

Quote Originally Posted by bolabasket View Post
    Arwind needs to drink Powerade I guess.. just give it a try, for a change perhaps....

I doubt... there were lots of expectations for Arwind going into this tournament. He has shown he could be a good performer previously. I wonder why it was only now he showed he's real color in International tourneys.

I'm beginning to believe it has something to do with his transfer from his team to another in the PBA. How awful...

They could have booted out Thoss, btw.
    FOR FLAG AND COUNTRY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DimeDropper View Post
    I'm beginning to believe it has something to do with his transfer from his team to another in the PBA. How awful...
    pretty much.

its his preparation for his new team.

how to sit on the bench and be unproductive.
    You've got to have it to win it

Arwind needs to drink Powerade I guess.. just give it a try, for a change perhaps....
    oh I see....Arwind thought its used for bathing....
    SMART GILAS: all the way

oh I see....Arwind thought its used for bathing....
    Ahehehahahuhuhuhoooo!!!
    FOR FLAG AND COUNTRY!!!

Asi Taulava, there is something wrong with the way your uniform goes with you(nice pair of kicks, though)...
    I think that's the way Nike made those uniforms. Makes them more aerodynamic, although I can't see how someone with Asi's shape could be aerodynamic at all
    Keep running, big boy.

anyone...do you know any link for RP vs. Iran replay game. tnx
    It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
    I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Guys reserve those comments about strategies for the next tournament. Yeng wont listen to us. Just like what he did to Rajko

It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
    I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast