• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by batgirl View Post
    There's a reason for that.

How about the Iranians are tall and rugged
    and were operating inside.
    The Phil. were jacking up 3s all night long.
    ^is correct
    Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

Comment

• Originally posted by bognut View Post
      i think norwood should tell that to himself!

from the first 4 games by RP. Norwood was a dissapointment. I wanna smack that smile off his face everytime he fouls, doesnt make shots or make errors!

in the game earlier though he let his frustrations out. had a nice jam, hussling for the ball and making shots. although most of them are from 1on1 plays. with that i hope he'll get his groove back. but he tends to be selfish sometimes..
      dude, the kid's confidence is shot because of lack of PT. but if you actually look closely, norwood and dillinger are the fastest, peskiest defenders on the court. so he's already a plus on the defensive side. he may sometime look like out of control on the offensive side, but at this point, i think we have to gamble with him at PG.

i still believe norwood is team pilipinas' key to success. a tall line-up may create mismatches for us, without sacrifing defense.

again, norwood-baguio-dillinger-aguilar-pennisi may be the best starting 5.

again, give them a lot of PT especially starting the quarterfinals.

again, FREE GABE NORWOOD!!!
      Dead Lizard.

Comment

• Originally posted by patay-butiki View Post
        dude, the kid's confidence is shot because of lack of PT. but if you actually look closely, norwood and dillinger are the fastest, peskiest defenders on the court. so he's already a plus on the defensive side. he may sometime look like out of control on the offensive side, but at this point, i think we have to gamble with him at PG.

i still believe norwood is team pilipinas' key to success. a tall line-up may create mismatches for us, without sacrifing defense.

hmmm..

im not yet a NORWOOD believer, yeah Gabe is the type of player that needs a lot of playing time to "flourish" i may say... but that's the problem! in this RP team with Yeng Guiao you have to PROVE your self first! before you can have that PT! and so before GABE NORWOOD should be "FREED" he should prove to Yeng first that he can CONTRIBUTE to the team.
        You've got to have it to win it

Comment

• Someone should adjust the 3-point line for Mick Pennisi.... Gabe Norwood got great handles, more than Willie Miller... Kerby Raymundo.. uhmmm Kerby who?
          Coach Yeng couldn't have curse more crispier than a Lay's potato chips. Asi Taulava, there is something wrong with the way your uniform goes with you(nice pair of kicks, though)...

Comment

• Originally posted by granadaddy View Post
            The Philippines is one hell of a three-point shooting team. This Iran team simply has better chemistry compared to the Philippines. I really think that Iran's weakness is in the PG position. Sure, the PGs are solid but if you hound them harder, they'll wither.
            I think we earned this label now! A 3-POINT SHOOTING TEAM!!! Thanks!
            FOR FLAG AND COUNTRY!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by patay-butiki View Post

Remember the exhibition games? Norwood was used most of the time at two. It's unfortunate that he must be used at the 3 which isn't his natural position.

I agree with you we should free Gabe, but not to be used as a pg. Because Miller has gotten comfortable manning the point and he could affect Willie's performance. I would like Gabe to switch between 2 and 3, at 2 he and Santos seem to be a good combination because the way Santos is playing right now he can't fit the 3 position and seem to be more at home being a 2.

Comment

• It's a sad, pathetic day when losing by less than double digits is an achievement for us. Why do we keep hoping anyway? Quixotic?

From someone: "Wake up Kirby, Arwind, Japeth ..." yes there are more 3 pt shots to shoot.

Arwind fundamentally unsound; doesn't bend knees on FTs, can dunk but not box out, does the cross-over but fumbles the ball, takes fade-away 3s that fall short (without the fading away, would it have fallen in?) Yet he's a scoring leader (?), & MVP runner-up to DRIBBLE Helterbrand. Which shows you what's wrong with RP ball.

Coach Jacob's simple instructions for 1986 ABC, NO EASY SHOTS for opponents. FTs, fastbreaks are easy shots. even at SMB, he perfected tough defense without fouling; even boneheads like Asaytono can assimilate it. Lot's of times when he coached, SMB wouldn't be in penalty for any quarter. Though it didn't translate to titles without Seigle then.

Different YG philosophy: without fouls, no nosejob for little Jimmy.
                sigpic

Comment

• how i wish John Wall is a Filipino american....size doesnt matter

Comment

• Originally posted by regierr View Post
                    Remember the exhibition games? Norwood was used most of the time at two. It's unfortunate that he must be used at the 3 which isn't his natural position.

I agree with you we should free Gabe, but not to be used as a pg. Because Miller has gotten comfortable manning the point and he could affect Willie's performance. I would like Gabe to switch between 2 and 3, at 2 he and Santos seem to be a good combination because the way Santos is playing right now he can't fit the 3 position and seem to be more at home being a 2.
                    But you know what Bro... I think I'm liking this thought, especially when they face the much taller WABA teams.
                    Norwood at PG, Miller at SG, Jared on SF. You have a fast team here who can all shoot threes.

Plus... I noticed Miller shots the treys in rhythm. Catch, jump and shoot...
                    Norwood could be at least a big screen for him to set up the shot...
                    FOR FLAG AND COUNTRY!!!

Comment

• More than half or half of our rplayers are dime a dozen!

Comment

• Originally posted by DimeDropper View Post
                        But you know what Bro... I think I'm liking this thought, especially when they face the much taller WABA teams.
                        Norwood at PG, Miller at SG, Jared on SF. You have a fast team here who can all shoot threes.

Plus... I noticed Miller shots the treys in rhythm. Catch, jump and shoot...
                        Norwood could be at least a big screen for him to set up the shot...
                        It's a great idea and I REALLY think it can work but can we afford to use our 2 sf's at the same time, Gabe and Jared, without them getting into foul trouble? Our line up is depleted because of injury to Kwill and Santos has become such a liability that his presence is ghost like.

If we were using a short 8-10 man rotation this idea could work. Use Gabe at 1 then substitute him for a pg and when Jared gets tired bring back Gabe, but Yeng likes to use the full rotation of players and fouling seems to be a part of Yeng's system.

Comment

• Kelly Williams could have made a difference for this tournament!

Comment

• Originally posted by regierr View Post
                            but Yeng likes to use the full rotation of players and fouling seems to be a part of Yeng's system.
                            You're right... I overlooked this one.

Kerby, Arwind and Japeth could at least take this responsibilty from the SF... but the way things are going..., DAMN!!! Now, we miss Kelly!
                            FOR FLAG AND COUNTRY!!!

Comment

• I hope Japeth, Arwind and Kerby would redeem themselves tomorrow. I think it's about time for them to regain their confidence and start to feel again the game, IMHO. And our key players would also need to take a breather tomorrow by minimizing their playing time in order to prepare themselves for the succeeding KO match-ups.

I hope to see Kerby as the Kerby I saw in Tokushima 2 years ago.

Go Team Pilipinas. Fight!

Comment

• Originally posted by javasandreen View Post
                                I hope Japeth, Arwind and Kerby would redeem themselves tomorrow. I think it's about time for them to regain their confidence and start to feel again the game, IMHO. And our key players would also need to take a breather tomorrow by minimizing their playing time in order to prepare themselves for the succeeding KO match-ups.

I hope to see Kerby as the Kerby I saw in Tokushima 2 years ago.

Go Team Pilipinas. Fight!
                                I say the coaching staff should play our guards(Miller,Yap,Helterbrand and Norwwod) more minutes on tomorrow's game to continue their current shooting streak, to atleast build some sort of a shoting momentum(whatever that means!)Yeah, Japeth and Kerby's time to shine for tomorrows game. Ooopps.. watch out for those dunk's.. my boss's money is on you... don't be injured okay!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information