Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 PBA Greatest Player after 25 PBA Greats...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olsen

yup. Olsen Racels should be there somewhere.

Comment

If I would have my own rankings of PBA's Top 25.

1. Robert Jaworski - longevity, that's really what makes him great.
      2. Ramon Fernandez
      3. Alvin Patrimonio
      4. Samboy Lim -if not for yearly injuries, I would rate the skywalker higher than the Captain.
      5. Allan Caidic
      6. Bogs Adornado
      7. Philip Cezar
      8. Hector Calma
      9. Johnny Abarrientos
      10. Abet Guidaben
      11. Fortunato Co Jr
      12. Vergel Meneses
      13. Benjie Paras
      14. Freddie Hubalde
      15. Jojo Lastimosa
      16. Ricardo Brown
      17. Francis Arnaiz
      18. Ronnie Magsanoc
      19. Kenneth Duremdes
      20. Bernie Fabiosa
      21. Ato Agustin
      22. Jerry Codinera
      23. Lim Eng Beng
      24. Danny Florencio
      25. Manny Paner

Next 10, I narrowed down my choices to:

26. Arnie Tuadles
      27. James Yap - a modern great, still improving in his prime.
      28. Danny Ildefonso
      29. Abe King
      30. Nelson Asaytono
      31. Danny Seigle - dynamite's first 5 years are just hard to ignore, despite less playing time now, Danny S did far better than the MVPs of 2000-beyond.
      32. Eric Menk
      33. Asi Taulava
      34. Paul Alvarez - if we put locals who score 60 or more points in a single game among greatest players, then Mr. Excitement should be there, forget his offcourt controversies.
      35. Kelly Williams

I hate to say this on Miller and Helterbrand fanatics, I can't respect theirs winning the MVP award to be rated among the 35 very best, although well-deserved, both can't seem to follow up their MVP triumph the following season, Miller is a 2-time MVP that teams wouldn't mind trading to another team, not that fans expect to much, but when the going gets tough, Miller chokes most of the time, JJ did carry the load for his team during the 2008-09 season but where is he now, being slowly displaced in coach Jong Uichico's rotation. From 36-50, Yes, they'l make it, and the NBA doesn't even rate a MVP winner, Bob McAdoo in their Top 50 Greatest Players.

Comment

my pick is
        • james yap
        • olsen racela
        • jimmy alapag
        • kelly williams
        • danny seigle
        • asi taulava
        • dennis espino
        • mark caguiao
        • mac cardona
        • LA tenorio

Comment

Originally posted by facaed2010 View Post
          the top 10 best players for me are the following: After 25 great.

1. James "King" Yap
          2. Danny "Dynamite" Siegle
          3. Kelly "Machine-gun" Williams
          4. Jimmy "Mighty-mouse" Alapag
          5. Willie "Thriller" Miller
          6. Cyrus "Skyrus" Baguio
          7. Mark "Spark" Caguiao
          8. Mark "C-Hook" Cardona
          9. Jayjay "skelter" Helterbrand
          10. Olcen "Rara" Racela
          This is a horrible list. Where is Ildefonso? Asaytono? Menk?
          5 Rings. San Antonio Spurs.

Comment

Originally posted by mon23 View Post
            If I would have my own rankings of PBA's Top 25.

1. Robert Jaworski - longevity, that's really what makes him great.
            2. Ramon Fernandez
            3. Alvin Patrimonio
            4. Samboy Lim -if not for yearly injuries, I would rate the skywalker higher than the Captain.
            5. Allan Caidic
            6. Bogs Adornado
            7. Philip Cezar
            8. Hector Calma
            9. Johnny Abarrientos
            10. Abet Guidaben
            11. Fortunato Co Jr
            12. Vergel Meneses
            13. Benjie Paras
            14. Freddie Hubalde
            15. Jojo Lastimosa
            16. Ricardo Brown
            17. Francis Arnaiz
            18. Ronnie Magsanoc
            19. Kenneth Duremdes
            20. Bernie Fabiosa
            21. Ato Agustin
            22. Jerry Codinera
            23. Lim Eng Beng
            24. Danny Florencio
            25. Manny Paner

Next 10, I narrowed down my choices to:

26. Arnie Tuadles
            27. James Yap - a modern great, still improving in his prime.
            28. Danny Ildefonso
            29. Abe King
            30. Nelson Asaytono
            31. Danny Seigle - dynamite's first 5 years are just hard to ignore, despite less playing time now, Danny S did far better than the MVPs of 2000-beyond.
            32. Eric Menk
            33. Asi Taulava
            34. Paul Alvarez - if we put locals who score 60 or more points in a single game among greatest players, then Mr. Excitement should be there, forget his offcourt controversies.
            35. Kelly Williams

I hate to say this on Miller and Helterbrand fanatics, I can't respect theirs winning the MVP award to be rated among the 35 very best, although well-deserved, both can't seem to follow up their MVP triumph the following season, Miller is a 2-time MVP that teams wouldn't mind trading to another team, not that fans expect to much, but when the going gets tough, Miller chokes most of the time, JJ did carry the load for his team during the 2008-09 season but where is he now, being slowly displaced in coach Jong Uichico's rotation. From 36-50, Yes, they'l make it, and the NBA doesn't even rate a MVP winner, Bob McAdoo in their Top 50 Greatest Players.
            It is a travesty that Seigle didn't win a single MVP award in his career. We have to remember that Miller won the MVP award when the best players of the PBA were on loan to the national team. There should be asterisk each time someone mentions Miller as an all-time great.
            5 Rings. San Antonio Spurs.

Comment

Originally posted by GilG View Post
              It is a travesty that Seigle didn't win a single MVP award in his career. We have to remember that Miller won the MVP award when the best players of the PBA were on loan to the national team. There should be asterisk each time someone mentions Miller as an all-time great.
              I agree. Sometimes, winning an MVP is simply being the right guy, with the right team, at the right time. Not too say that they aint talented, but to say that they are the best of all time...

Ato Agustin for example. How can he be better than his own teammates Samboy Lim or Hector Calma (who never won MVP awards) or even Nelson Asaytono?

Helterbrand is good, but he might not even be the best player of his team. He had a good year as well as his team that's why he won the MVP. The Ginebra popularity machine doesn't hurt, too.

Comment

add from the list

10 New players add from the list...(in any order)

1. Kelly Williams
                2. Jay Washington
                3. Gabe Norwood
                4. Sol Mercado
                5. Mac-Mac Cardona
                6. Rabeh Al-husseini
                7. Gary David
                8. Arwind Santos
                9. Ali Peek
                10. Joe DeVance

Comment

Originally posted by donspark47 View Post
                  10 New players add from the list...(in any order)

1. Kelly Williams
                  2. Jay Washington
                  3. Gabe Norwood
                  4. Sol Mercado
                  5. Mac-Mac Cardona
                  6. Rabeh Al-husseini
                  7. Gary David
                  8. Arwind Santos
                  9. Ali Peek
                  10. Joe DeVance
                  lol no love for the top 2 superstars of bmeg but lots of love for your choices? lol
                  I'm back. Don't ask why. Just be glad.

Comment

Abe King
                    Yoyoy Villamim
                    Manny Victorino
                    Nelson Asaytono
                    Jun Limpot
                    Marlou Aquino
                    Danny Ildefonso
                    Danny Seigle
                    Eric Menk
                    Asi Taulava

Comment

Originally posted by Triggerman View Post
                      Abe King
                      Yoyoy Villamim
                      Manny Victorino
                      Nelson Asaytono

Jun Limpot
                      Marlou Aquino
                      Danny Ildefonso
                      Danny Seigle
                      Eric Menk
                      Asi Taulava
                      if they were not included in the first 25, no way they will be included in the next.

limpot? no way.
                      marlou? no way, too.
                      seigle is in the borderline.
                      DI, Menk and Asi, being former MVPs will help them since it was one of the criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by capitantiago View Post
                        if they were not included in the first 25, no way they will be included in the next.

limpot? no way.
                        marlou? no way, too.
                        seigle is in the borderline.
                        DI, Menk and Asi, being former MVPs will help them since it was one of the criteria.
                        sir obviously you watch pba only recently?

Abe king once scored 60 points in a game., been a fixture member of the all d team. mythical 5 member 1982 member of 5000 pts 2000 defensive rebound 1000 offensive rebound club
                        Victorino 3 time member of mythical 5 and 9000 points member 2000 dr and 1000 or
                        villamin 1 time member of mythical 5 member of 5000 points and 2000 dr and 1000 or 8504 career points.
                        Limpot member of 9000 points 5000 points 2000 dr. rookie of the yr 1993 career ave. 18.2ppg 6.8 rpg
                        Aquino ROY 1996 2 time member f mythical 5. member of 5000 club 1000 OR and 1000 Blocks 1996 best player of the conference. governors cup

Asaytono member of 9000 club many time member of m5 1992 ave 32 in a game lost to patrimonio and agustin in MVP race
                        Danny seigle RY 99 mythical 5 member 3 times 5 time finals mvp. 2 best player of the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Triggerman View Post
                          sir obviously you watch pba only recently?

Abe king once scored 60 points in a game., been a fixture member of the all d team. mythical 5 member 1982 member of 5000 pts 2000 defensive rebound 1000 offensive rebound club
                          Victorino 3 time member of mythical 5 and 9000 points member 2000 dr and 1000 or
                          villamin 1 time member of mythical 5 member of 5000 points and 2000 dr and 1000 or 8504 career points.
                          Limpot member of 9000 points 5000 points 2000 dr. rookie of the yr 1993 career ave. 18.2ppg 6.8 rpg
                          Aquino ROY 1996 2 time member f mythical 5. member of 5000 club 1000 OR and 1000 Blocks 1996 best player of the conference. governors cup

Asaytono member of 9000 club many time member of m5 1992 ave 32 in a game lost to patrimonio and agustin in MVP race
                          Danny seigle RY 99 mythical 5 member 3 times 5 time finals mvp. 2 best player of the conference.
                          I respect the accomplishments of these players but why is it that Abarrientos, Meneses and Duremdes were included in the list and not King, Villamin and Victorino or at least Asaytono?

The 4 power forwards never won an MVP trophy that's why they were not included in the orig 25. And I supposed never will they be included.

Take note that Vergel, Johnny, and Duremdes had at least an MVP trophy to show by winning in 1995, 1996, and 1998 respectively.

The only anomaly I believe is Lim Eng Beng whose accomplishments can be easily eclipsed by King's.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information