• Show
Clear All

• Serbian league 2009/2010

Swisslion Takovo signed Filip Šepa.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
    Swisslion Takovo signed Filip Šepa.
    and some days before that they had signed Dragan Milosavljevic too. It was about time they got a younger roster, but as this team doesn´t seem to have a good school of basket, they have to get youngsters from other teams.

Comment

Originally posted by pep View Post
      and some days before that they had signed Dragan Milosavljevic too. It was about time they got a younger roster, but as this team doesn´t seem to have a good school of basket, they have to get youngsters from other teams.
      But they have a new coach Miroslav "Muta" Nikolic who is known for giving playing time to young players.

You're right, Swisslions don't have a famous school of basket. But they have a solid prospect Nemanja Sladoje (211, 1991).

Comment

Actually I think we do have a good school
        Let us not worry about future.Today,At this moment,here and now .Let the future take care of itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeca View Post
          Actually I think we do have a good school
          unbelievable the thansformation your team has gone through, it has a very young and promising roster now:

http://www.adriaticbasket.com/club.php?id=28

Hemofarm gets Sutalo and Raško Katić (slow but strong) to fill the holes left by Nebojša Joksimovič and Vladan Vukosavljević. So no big changes here.

Partizan has got to renew the team. Lots of new young players. I figure they´ll struggle that first year (at least in Europe). I don´t see Djekic or Sinovec playing like Velickovic or Tepic.

I don´t know of any major change in FMP: Do they keep all of their players? Every year there´s the rumour that Labovic or Samardžiski could leave the team but they haven´t so far..

Comment

Labovic will leave for sure.He's still with team but he won't play for them in the upcoming season.
            UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Srle View Post
              Labovic will leave for sure.He's still with team but he won't play for them in the upcoming season.
              Why? Is it any Buy-Out on him?
              2022/2023:
              PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
              SG: Baldwin, Hollins
              SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
              PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
              PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

Partizan has got to renew the team. Lots of new young players. I figure they´ll struggle that first year (at least in Europe). I don´t see Djekic or Sinovec playing like Velickovic or Tepic.
                Djekic is far bigger prospect than Novica in his age, but of course he is not ready at the moment to play on high level. He is just a kid...

But I do not affraid for Partizan...I expect that Rasic, Vesely and Maric will improve big time this season...Of course that wont be level like before, but still very good. We will be again one of the top teams in Adriatic and dark horse in EL...

Its true that Covic(president of FMP) is trying to sell Labovic, Samardziski, Protic and Jeremic but noone wants them
                https://twitter.com/AirAvangarda

Comment

Originally posted by Roy M View Post
                  Why? Is it any Buy-Out on him?
                  I am not sure about his contract situation but he said he will definitely leave before new season starts. There are many clubs interested in his services.Those are his words.Jeremic is in Greece. Its not truth that nobody wants themProblem is economic crisis nobody wants to play a lot except Olympiacos

Comment

Denver Nuggets, Phoenix Suns to face Partizan

source: hoopsworld.com

Although just two feet tall, the podium at the European basketball championships that just came to an end in Poland is an important step towards even greater basketball challenges. Five players that stepped on that podium on Sunday were associated with Partizan Belgrade, the Serbian powerhouse basketball squad that gave us Vlade Divac, Nenad Krstic and many others. And in a few weeks, the whole Partizan squad will be taking a big collective step across the Atlantic to play against the NBA.

"It is a great accomplishment for Partizan to be invited to play against the Denver Nuggets and the Phoenix Suns," explained team president Sasha Danilovich. "It is a testament to our continued success in Serbian and European basketball in recent years. Partizan is the first team in the history of Serbian basketball invited to play against NBA teams."

Teams are ultimately invited by the NBA, but only after careful consideration and a nomination by the officials from Europe's premiere basketball league, Euroleague. Partizan won the 1992 Euroleague championship behind strong leadership from the current president Danilovich, then a 22-year-old.

"Most young players want to end up in the NBA. I think all our players are happy to go against NBA squads and to feel what it is like to play in an NBA game. Each era brings its own champions. Our players now are playing excellent ball under coach Dushan Vujoshevich and the most important thing for us is that they can continue to play together for the next five or six years."

Mirroring his basketball IQ from a few decades ago, Danilovich today has a pragmatic approach to what his team should accomplish in playing against NBA teams. European basketball still can't really measure up to NBA teams, he explained, especially when European teams have a budget that is just a fraction of their NBA counterparts. Rather than the score, his squad is going to be playing for the experience, both theirs and of their fans.

"What is important is to look at the larger context. A Serbian team is going to the basketball Mecca and we hope for a lot of Serbians to come out and watch us play. It is great that we are playing against NBA teams, but its not going to be about the score, its going to be about good basketball. We hope that it will bring us closer to our fans that live in the United States."

Schedule:

Partizan vs. Midwest All-Stars Game 1, Sept 27th, Purdue-Calumet University (Hammond, IN)

Partizan vs. Midwest All-Stars Game 2, Sept 30th, Dakota High School (Macomb, MI)

Partizan vs. Denver Nuggets, Oct 3rd

Partizan vs. Phoenix Suns, Oct 6th

Comment

Too bad that we ( Crvena zvezda) have managament and financial problems. Under normal conditions I think this team would be able to give Partizan more than a run for money this season(I am not impressed with their roster for this season).We have kept the core of players from the last season: Keselj, Stimac, Bjelica, Dragicevic,Kikanovic,Bakic.. With the addition of youngsters like Nedovic and Radosavljevic+ 3 new players in PG, SG, and C position that would be more than a good team. By the way I have read the information that Vuk Radivojevic is close to signing.I have never been his fan..but whatever. I guess we do not have money for someone better.
                      PG should be American.Cheap, excellent play organizer,decent shooter, with good technique...Hm, difficult.
                      Last edited by serbov; 09-25-2009, 02:09 PM.

Comment

I think we are going to have a very good team this season.Problem is we started with preparation for the new season very late and we got new coach yesterday
                        We have a lot of interesting young players and I am looking forward to upcoming season
                        Dragan Labovic is still in FMP he might even stay at least first half of the season.

Comment

We will probably struggle at the beginning of the season, but the most important is that we finish it in the right way. Also I have never payed a lot of attention to Adriatic League.
                          Its good that Aca Petrovic has taken over. I guess he will transmit some of Ivkovic philosophy onto Zvezda players(Keselj and Bjelica in the first place).
                          As I said..priority at the moment are PG, and robust C.

Comment

Originally posted by serbov View Post
                            With the addition of youngsters like Nedovic and Radosavljevic+ 3 new players in PG, SG, and C position that would be more than a good team.
                            Radosavljevic will be a very valuable player, but with Keselj and Bjelica, wouldn´t it be better to send him on loan to some other team?

Anyway, having 3 young and promising SF is something very few (if any at all) teams in Europe can aspire to.

Comment

Originally posted by serbov View Post
                              By the way I have read the information that Vuk Radivojevic is close to signing.I have never been his fan
                              I´m not what you migth call a fan of him either. In the spanish league he went absolutely unnoticed, he did nothing for his team.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information