ur prediction asia championship 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andry View Post
    lebanon is a good team but most filipinos don't give this team much respect because in four games that our national teams played each other, the philippines leads 3 to 1... two wins in manila invitational in 2007 and 1 by our college players in the 2009 fiba champions cup. the only win posted by mighty lebanon was at the jones cup in 2007, via a buzzer beater by khatib..

on the other hand, filipinos have high regards for china because the philippine national team has yet to boast a convincing win against this world basketball power. we got 3 wins against their C-team in 2007 but that's all. in my humble opinion, i think the only way these filipinos will respect lebanon is by beating the philippine national team again and again and again much like what china's been doing since the late eighties.

as for me, i respect every national team be it my own or lebanon or qatar or angola. i do not tolerate the actions of my filipino brothers who like offending the feelings of others by starting useless arguments. basketball is one happy sport. let's all be happy and eat hummus together.
    OK let me correct this just to be fair... first of all the 2009 FIBA Asia Champions Cup is a Club Tournament so it doesn't count between National Teams... secondly, yes Philippines beat Lebanon twice in the 2007 Manila Invitational but don't forget the two-game series between the World Championship-bound Lebanon and the Philippines in 2006... the Philippines beat them twice too.. so its pretty much 4-1 to the Philippines...

Yes we got a better record against them but we won against them when the games doesn't matter... did we win something when we beat them... just our pride... our FIBA ranking did not even move...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by daniab View Post
      With all due respect but all your wins came in friendly games and friendly games are always different than the official games,as an example Jordan won Jones Cup 2007 and they didnt even make the semi finals of the Asian Championship at Tokushima.
      Second,our win against you in Jones Cup came from a buzzer beater for Rony Fahed and not El khatib.
      Third,your last win was against Riyadi,a local team from Lebanon and not Lebanon National Team.
      Riyadi will only have 3-4 players in the NT!
      Thank you!
      And the RP team that beat Riyadi are composed of college standouts.. "A developmental team with one import" and Riyadi have 2 imports..

thank YOu!
      island hopping in cebu anyone??

Comment

Originally posted by UnitedAmeircanTikiTiki View Post
        And the RP team that beat Riyadi are composed of college standouts.. "A developmental team with one import" and Riyadi have 2 imports..

thank YOu!
        Cool men relax maybe they can bounce back with a dteam cannot do well without an import or defeated a team who play his reserves. Don't brag anything a win is a win. And also we should be gracious in defeat
        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

here's mine...

1. China
          2. Iran
          3. Pilipinas XD

Comment

Originally posted by UnitedAmeircanTikiTiki View Post

thank YOu!
            i understand from u that if a team from a small town in lebanon beats a tteam from a small town from philipines then lebanon beats philipines????????????
            anyway this debate who is better is so silly...............phiipines have a great players that play with heart....same thing as lebanon....we wiill wait and see who will be better on court in official games.....tilll then plz stop this useless debate
            History will write --> "In 2009, China stole the asian cup from Lebanon"

Comment

The Asian championship is getting nearer and all the flamers are starting to come out. The mods are gonna have their hands full come game time.. To our asian friends, you have to forgive some of the filipino forumers here who are not quite familiar with the rules of courtesy here in the forum. Sometimes they put passion first before reason.

Comment

I agree... newcomers are going to swarm IBN when the tourney comes... not just from the Philippines...

But once the tourney finish.. few people will continue posting...

I am going to expect over-patriotism from Filipinos and other Asian nationalities alike... thats normal but I 'm not comfortable when people starting to post racial slur messages just because their team wins a game... and Filipinos are guilty of that... remember Manny Pacquiao knocked the sh!t out of Ricky Hatton... if you people read all the comments posted in those Youtube videos of the fight... you'll see what I mean... its embarrassing, and when somebody said something about Filipino doctors or whatever.. we got angry when we ourselves are doing it...

sigpic

Comment

With all due respect but all your wins came in friendly games and friendly games are always different than the official games,as an example Jordan won Jones Cup 2007 and they didnt even make the semi finals of the Asian Championship at Tokushima.
                  Second,our win against you in Jones Cup came from a buzzer beater for Rony Fahed and not El khatib.
                  Third,your last win was against Riyadi,a local team from Lebanon and not Lebanon National Team.
                  Thank you!
                  its all friendly games... but sadly during the fiba asia qualifiers phil and lebanon did not meet...

Comment

Thank you!
                    its all friendly games... but sadly during the fiba asia qualifiers phil and lebanon did not meet...

who won the lebanese league this year?? is it saggesse?

Comment

chill pill people why can't we wait for the real asian basketball show down...
                      you know why I am happy

Comment

Can you expect a qualification without naturalizing a center on your roster ?
                        beat the philippines and establish such a pride amongst our people convincingly,...playing with you in a friendly several times really means a lot that the lebanese team kept on playing tune ups against the philippines before a major competition,... i mean,...sorry,..because as for the moment,..most of us filipinos isn't giving such respect along the level of china and other basketball powers in asia to your b-ball team,... though,...well,..sorry it was just an opinion,..mm,..

but,..some local commentaries told before that why philippines wasn't naturalizing then,...its because of the proud heritage of filipino basketball and the people' belief that they are a great basketball nation,....and it simply hinders the possibility of naturalizing,... until now that the basketball management program officials that they becaome more open minded regarding the topic of naturalizing,..and now,..currently,..they are considering such option,....

mm..regarding your question,..mm....it's possible,... for god and country,... Filipinos always fight with their hearts... they can win....

1- CHN
                        2- KOR
                        3- IRI

***chill..hehe,,...
                        AKO ANG SIMULA!!! BABANGON ANG PILIPINAS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jesronne View Post

who won the lebanese league this year?? is it saggesse?
                          no Riyadi.
                          Proud to be Lebanese
                          www.arabasket.com

Comment

I guess 1-China 2-Korea 3-Iran

Korea is always strong and after yesterday Champions Cup final match I believe Jordan is a serious contender.

Originally posted by paolylo View Post
                            World Cup?

Australia
                            South Korea
                            Japan (will beat New Zealand for the last spot)
                            Asia has 4.5 spots in the world cup
                            Iran need 3 wins out of 3 to qualify !! (7 points at least)

Comment

Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
                              I guess 1-China 2-Korea 3-Iran

Korea is always strong and after yesterday Champions Cup final match I believe Jordan is a serious contender.

Asia has 4.5 spots in the world cup
                              Iran need 3 wins out of 3 to qualify !! (7 points at least)
                              Off-topic:

Talking about Football, did you see the game between an Australian club and a Chinese club plus the infamous "Hollywood acts" in one of the regional club tourney?

I saw it last night in the news and its funny how they fake those injuries and the Aussies are mocking them...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by donmar View Post
                                Off-topic:

Talking about Football, did you see the game between an Australian club and a Chinese club plus the infamous "Hollywood acts" in one of the regional club tourney?

I saw it last night in the news and its funny how they fake those injuries and the Aussies are mocking them...
                                China's football is a joke.....please don't mention it in this forum....

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information