No announcement yet.

ur prediction asia championship 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guys,please don't focuse on the rankings too much....That will make many people annoyed...

Comment

lebanon population is 3 million, we cant keep up with china/iran.
      this tournament will be our falldown.. unless we keep naturalzing.

Comment

still philippines can grab that spot,,,,other teams depends on naturalized players

Comment

Originally posted by lebanese-anti-khatib View Post
          lebanon population is 3 million, we cant keep up with china/iran.
          this tournament will be our falldown.. unless we keep naturalzing.
          I don't agree with you....
          If your country can be more stable , avoid the wars and boost the economy,It seems fundamentally you are better than Iran,coz Iran may never reach your country's basketball favor...
          Last edited by BlacKOEIsle; 05-21-2009, 04:15 AM.

Comment

World Cup?

Australia
            South Korea
            Japan (will beat New Zealand for the last spot)

oh... if you meant basketball

Iran
            China
            Jordan

i don't think the Philippines is good enough to place in the top 3... no Kelly Williams, no solid backup big man (Pennisi plays below the rim on the 3pt line), no naturalized player, not the best international coach... list goes on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by paolylo View Post
              World Cup?

Australia
              South Korea
              Japan (will beat New Zealand for the last spot)

oh... if you meant basketball

Iran
              China
              Jordan

i don't think the Philippines is good enough to place in the top 3... no Kelly Williams, no solid backup big man (Pennisi plays below the rim on the 3pt line), no naturalized player, not the best international coach... list goes on and on.
              yes you are right,but we can't take away our pride go philippines

Comment

Originally posted by karim View Post
                1-Lebanon
                2-China
                3-Iran
                4-Jordan
                5-South Korea
                6-Qatar
                7-Kazakhaztan
                8-Japan
                9-RP
                10-Taiwan

this is how its gonna go
                can you win without a naturalized player vogel?

Comment

Originally posted by rpidols View Post
                  can you win without a naturalized player vogel?
                  Can you expect a qualification without naturalizing a center on your roster ?
                  Proud to be Lebanese
                  www.arabasket.com

Comment

Hehehe all of the list I've read does not include Korea?????

Korea who doesn't send their best possible team for the last 2 years

Even though I am convinced that Iran is good Iran is not sure of a spot unlike China.
                    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
                      Hehehe all of the list I've read does not include Korea?????

Korea who doesn't send their best possible team for the last 2 years

Even though I am convinced that Iran is good Iran is not sure of a spot unlike China.
                      What is the spot China have??
                      Did send our best players ???

Comment

Okay it is a wide open race for the fiba wbc and I will give china a step ahead to others to qualify for the event with or without Yao Ming
                        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by daniab View Post
                          Can you expect a qualification without naturalizing a center on your roster ?

lebanon is a good team but most filipinos don't give this team much respect because in four games that our national teams played each other, the philippines leads 3 to 1... two wins in manila invitational in 2007 and 1 by our college players in the 2009 fiba champions cup. the only win posted by mighty lebanon was at the jones cup in 2007, via a buzzer beater by khatib..

on the other hand, filipinos have high regards for china because the philippine national team has yet to boast a convincing win against this world basketball power. we got 3 wins against their C-team in 2007 but that's all. in my humble opinion, i think the only way these filipinos will respect lebanon is by beating the philippine national team again and again and again much like what china's been doing since the late eighties.

as for me, i respect every national team be it my own or lebanon or qatar or angola. i do not tolerate the actions of my filipino brothers who like offending the feelings of others by starting useless arguments. basketball is one happy sport. let's all be happy and eat hummus together.

Comment

Originally posted by rpidols View Post
                            yes you are right,but we can't take away our pride go philippines
                            my choice:

1. CHINA
                            2. IRAN
                            3. PHILIPPINES:

Comment

Originally posted by andry View Post
                              lebanon is a good team but most filipinos don't give this team much respect because in four games that our national teams played each other, the philippines leads 3 to 1... two wins in manila invitational in 2007 and 1 by our college players in the 2009 fiba champions cup. the only win posted by mighty lebanon was at the jones cup in 2007, via a buzzer beater by khatib..
                              With all due respect but all your wins came in friendly games and friendly games are always different than the official games,as an example Jordan won Jones Cup 2007 and they didnt even make the semi finals of the Asian Championship at Tokushima.
                              Second,our win against you in Jones Cup came from a buzzer beater for Rony Fahed and not El khatib.
                              Third,your last win was against Riyadi,a local team from Lebanon and not Lebanon National Team.
                              Riyadi will only have 3-4 players in the NT!
                              Thank you!
                              Proud to be Lebanese
                              www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by andry View Post

on the other hand, filipinos have high regards for china because the philippine national team has yet to boast a convincing win against this world basketball power. we got 3 wins against their C-team in 2007 but that's all. in my humble opinion, i think the only way these filipinos will respect lebanon is by beating the philippine national team again and again and again much like what china's been doing since the late eighties.
                                as for me, i respect every national team be it my own or lebanon or qatar or angola. i do not tolerate the actions of my filipino brothers who like offending the feelings of others by starting useless arguments. basketball is one happy sport. let's all be happy and eat hummus together.
                                I think it's not only need power but although luck .
                                I think it's a hard work .

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information