View Poll Results: How many TOTAL members will IBN have at the end of the WC?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • 650-800

5 15.15%
  • 801-900

7 21.21%
  • 901-950

7 21.21%
  • 951-1000

6 18.18%
  • 1001-1050

4 12.12%
  • 1051-1100

0 0%
  • 1100+

4 12.12%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: World Championships #Member Guessing Game...

Nogales, Sonora -Home of Ana G. Guevara & Omar Quintero

it is 738 already... what was the count for the 1st day of WC stu, do you know?
    2008... Beijing, China
    2010... Vancouver, Canada
    2012... London, United Kingdom
    2014... Shoci, Russian Federation
    2016... Madrid, Chicago, Tokyo???

Quote Originally Posted by 23_for_life
    Quote Originally Posted by elaj

Ok, now lock the member registration so I can get the award.

Quote Originally Posted by 23_for_life
    Since 08/18 (Friday) until this post, we have gained exactly 60 new members (and counting) in just over three days.

Stuart

Threads: 974, Posts: 15,411, Members: 786, Active Members: 507

I'm out of this game... GL for others

I just got time to tally all the votes and the official votes goes like this:

eliminated:
    Markoishvili 698
    Edgar Lopez 700

Z.A.L.I.A. 716
    LioPURfan 728

PhilipEUROBASKET 730
    elaj 738
    YYY 741
    adebisi 786
    re5pectas 810
    cheremos 839
    rikhardur 857
    DZK 878
    PRSURF 897
    L8DBaCK 902
    adjustment 909
    Still in the game!
    Marius123 914
    ffalkec 938
    Stuart 953
    ziv 970
    robbe 999
    Victorious 999
    Matiz 1000
    Trifilli 1013
    Nikoo 1032
    sariss 1040
    23_for_life 1246
    crazy green 1313
    Nakz 1337
    Last edited by stuart; 09-03-2006 at 06:39 PM.

926 for me!

come on people - only four days left and we're at 853 while i bet on 970. i know there are many of you outhere considering signing in. well - i urge you to do so, these water ain't that cold...

Nogales, Sonora -Home of Ana G. Guevara & Omar Quintero

yeah, and my 1246 seems unreachable, come on, I can't believe we ain't gonna double the users.... we are how many million basketball fans in the world? people stopped coming about 3 days ago.... what happened?
    2008... Beijing, China
    2010... Vancouver, Canada
    2012... London, United Kingdom
    2014... Shoci, Russian Federation
    2016... Madrid, Chicago, Tokyo???

We were on track to hit 1000+ the first 4-5 days of the world championships, but member registration has really slowed down the last 3-4 days with only 7-10 new members a day.

Stuart

One day after WC we have on board 915 members ...

seems like marius123 is the closest.
    i only hope that most of the newcomers will stay with us. espcially we can get reinforcment of spaniards. there aren't many talks about the best league in europe here and not too many EL club's fans from spain.

Quote Originally Posted by ziv
    seems like marius123 is the closest.
    i only hope that most of the newcomers will stay with us. espcially we can get reinforcment of spaniards. there aren't many talks about the best league in europe here and not too many EL club's fans from spain.
    Yep, 916 total members at the end of the world Championships, so Marius wins. We started out with 612 members and added about 50% more members (304) throughout the two weeks ... I also hope most of the new members stick around, but odds are, just like most boards, most will end up being lurkers/ghosts than actual posting members.

And ziv, you posted a great question earlier, about which country all these new members would be coming from, so I decided to tally the new members by country... here is the breakdown of where those 304 new members (not including the spammers) came from by country:

Greece 45 (!)
    Usa 24 (big surprise to me)
    Lithuania 12 (not a big surprise to me )
    Turkey 12 (great!)
    Spain 12 (good, should have been better considering)
    Lebanon 10 (awesome!)

Australia (7), China (7), Philippines (7), Germany (6), Canada (4), Brazil (3), Hong Kong (3), Israel (3), Italy (3), New Zealand (3), Poland (3), Puerto Rico (3), Serbia (3), Croatia (2), France (2), Latvia (2), Mexico (2), Sweden (2)

The following countries has one new member represented during that time: American Somoa, Antartica, Argentina, Aruba, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bulgaria (JCN!), Canary Islands, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, Kenya, Macedonia, Malaysia, Nigeria, Panama, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Vietnam
    I am always disappointed in how many Argentines we have.... and Spanairds we have here, I think we should have more of both, but I guess Ibn is competing for Spaniards with a pretty powerful site in acb.com. Also, there was not one new Japanese member and the freaking WCs were held there! I must be doing something wrong. And I always hope that more French, middle easterners, and Africans find out about the us.... maybe next time.

Marius, send me a PM with your address and i'll send out your IBN Mystery Box.

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by stuart
    Yep, 916 total members at the end of the world Championships, so Marius wins. We started out with 612 members and added about 50% more members (304) throughout the two weeks ... I also hope most of the new members stick around, but odds are, just like most boards, most will end up being lurkers/ghosts than actual posting members.

And ziv, you posted a great question earlier, about which country all these new members would be coming from, so I decided to tally the new members by country... here is the breakdown of where those 304 new members (not including the spammers) came from by country:

I am always disappointed in how many Argentines we have.... and Spanairds we have here, I think we should have more of both, but I guess Ibn is competing for Spaniards with a pretty powerful site in acb.com. Also, there was not one new Japanese member and the freaking WCs were held there! I must be doing something wrong. And I always hope that more French, middle easterners, and Africans find out about the us.... maybe next time.

Stuart
    Puerto Rico have 16 members

i guess we're still seeing the aftermath now cause new members keep on coming (is the pace still higher than it used to be?).
    some interesting details here - some of the new members still didn't post (i think) and i'd personally be real glad to have some active users from all of the european countries. serbian, spaniards, french - these countries are in a real need for reinforcment. i'd be happy to get some new views on the adriatic league for example not only from slovenians but also from serbs and croats.
    as i said before spain is raely lacking members and being personally real interested in the acb i'd be glad to have some sunday talks about this league.
    again - persoanlly - i'd be real glad to have more americans writing on european subjects, there are some interesting prospects for them (americans and european) playing top european basketball and it can be interesting to get their views on these players.

Where the hell are all Russians? They have a strong league with lots of good players, Russian NT is quite good, they also have Kirilenko and yet I remember only one Russian guy in this forum..

Stuart
    I'm quite happy that we are 3 Argentinians now , I hope Ariel and Carlos will keep posting here. All Argentinians with enough interest in basketball to post in a forum do it in Manu's forum (where Manu actually post) and ACB forums both forums in spanish. You might find some other Argentinian in Spurs forum, because of Manu, and they do post in english but they don't care about international basketball, they care about Argentinian players in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokinen
    I'm quite happy that we are 3 Argentinians now , I hope Ariel and Carlos will keep posting here. All Argentinians with enough interest in basketball to post in a forum do it in Manu's forum (where Manu actually post) and ACB forums both forums in spanish. You might find some other Argentinian in Spurs forum, because of Manu, and they do post in english but they don't care about international basketball, they care about Argentinian players in the NBA.
    Thats right, I remember going to Manu's site and his forum is really busy! But I think it's a bit too focused as my Sabonis forum was... not a lot of room to grow when your site is named after a player... that's why i would think that more general forum would be more popular?

Suart

Thats right, I remember going to Manu's site and his forum is really busy! But I think it's a bit too focused as my Sabonis forum was... not a lot of room to grow when your site is named after a player... that's why i would think that more general forum would be more popular?

Suart
    You had a Sabonis forum stuart?
    A pity I didn't cross it while searching the Internet for Sabonis related stuff. I surely would've participated, Sabas is way up there on my list of favorite players!

Also, there was not one new Japanese member and the freaking WCs were held there! I must be doing something wrong. And I always hope that more French, middle easterners, and Africans find out about the us.... maybe next time.Stuart
    a lot of blocked servers and search engines in those countries Stuart plus a lot more Yahoo than Google - Google indexes you better than Yahoo. You'd probably have to start tagging individually posts to get higher rankings on Yahoo. Have you submitted the site to all the international search engines?
    Michelle Tackabery
    Tackabery Chronicle
    Durham, NC, USA

Quote Originally Posted by mktackabery
    a lot of blocked servers and search engines in those countries Stuart plus a lot more Yahoo than Google - Google indexes you better than Yahoo. You'd probably have to start tagging individually posts to get higher rankings on Yahoo. Have you submitted the site to all the international search engines?
    Thats something I never even thought about... what are some international search engines? Baidu? Actually don't answer that... i'lll start a new thread...

Stuart

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast