Venezuela national team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
    Well I'm the only Chinese dude who reads this thread so you might as well say me

I'm interested in how Venezuela will finish in FIBA Americas this year now with Vasquez in the mix. If anything, 4th-5th teams in FIBA Americas have not done any better than high-level Asian teams in the worlds:

2006 World Championship: the worst Americas teams were 17th, 21st, and 23rd; the worst Asian teams 18th, 20th and 24th. (including Japan 20th, Venezuela 21st). 2010 World Championship: the worst Americas teams were 18th and 22nd; the worst Asian teams 19th, 20th and 23rd.

Or are you saying 2 exhibition games carry more weight than World Champs?
    Oh please sinoball, you know that China have being lucky in these pass two world championships.
    Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
    16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
    Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
    8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Originally posted by PRSURF View Post
      Oh please sinoball, you know that China have being lucky in these pass two world championships.
      Even if we focus on head-to-head matchups between China and Puerto Rico (and not on the fact that China won the tiebreaker both times ), we should also see the other head-to-head matchups which are: Japan > Panama; Lebanon > Canada; Lebanon > Venezuela. That's 3-2 in favor of Asia when you pitch the 4th/5th placers in Americas against Asia. Did I mention that China finished higher than Puerto Rico both times?

The point here is, if Asian teams are weak (and they are), so are all American teams besides USA, Argentina and Brazil. So I don't know what some of your sense of superiority come from.

Sorry for derailing the thread. I guess it was already OT before I stepped in.
      aim low, score high

Comment

Even if we focus on head-to-head matchups between China and Puerto Rico (and not on the fact that China won the tiebreaker both times ), we should also see the other head-to-head matchups which are: Japan > Panama; Lebanon > Canada; Lebanon > Venezuela. That's 3-2 in favor of Asia when you pitch the 4th/5th placers in Americas against Asia. Did I mention that China finished higher than Puerto Rico both times?

The point here is, if Asian teams are weak (and they are), so are all American teams besides USA, Argentina and Brazil. So I don't know what some of your sense of superiority come from.

ok, you win...
        Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
        16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
        Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
        8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

I've never understand why people wanna make it seem like brazil is this super team when in fact they never won anything ...the only really strong teams in this continent are the usa and argentina because of their achievements in world championships and the olympics, and because of their style of play, I.Q, etc...brazil is not on their level, neither puerto rico.....yet.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tres equis View Post
            I've never understand why people wanna make it seem like brazil is this super team when in fact they never won anything ...
            They already had medals at every championship...
            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
            Artificial Nature

Comment

Is Japan playing any more games in the Americas or did they just go to Venezuela? Kind of a strange trip if this is it.

Honduras beat Mongolia in the Jones Cup a long time ago, so everyone has to admit that the Americas deserve a 20th spot in the WC before Asia.
              Originally posted by Fedfan
              Most ppl get childish when they lose.
              Originally posted by GuTO
              refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by tres equis View Post
                I've never understand why people wanna make it seem like brazil is this super team when in fact they never won anything ...the only really strong teams in this continent are the usa and argentina because of their achievements in world championships and the olympics, and because of their style of play, I.Q, etc...brazil is not on their level, neither puerto rico.....yet.
                Well, Brazil has a big basketball history. The country is the last Americas champion and has 3 PanAm titles in a row.

Ok, we had a TERRIBLE era with our last CBB president, but if you look at the last results you´ll see that we should be more respected (like in the WC, losting for USA and Argentina for a minimal margin).

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post
                  Is Japan playing any more games in the Americas or did they just go to Venezuela? Kind of a strange trip if this is it.

Honduras beat Mongolia in the Jones Cup a long time ago, so everyone has to admit that the Americas deserve a 20th spot in the WC before Asia.
                  Japan is scheduled to play the Mexican National Team next. Originally, the Japanese Federation wanted atleast a game with the Dominican Republic but the Federation (after hearing the thoughts of Calipari) turned down the offer.
                  Sacramento Kings
                  HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by planaria View Post
                    Well, Brazil has a big basketball history. The country is the last Americas champion and has 3 PanAm titles in a row.

Ok, we had a TERRIBLE era with our last CBB president, but if you look at the last results you´ll see that we should be more respected (like in the WC, losting for USA and Argentina for a minimal margin).
                    I know brazil has a great basketball history and i respect that, i was talking about in more recent times you know....in big tournaments that really matters like olympics and world championships when teams like the usa and argentina played great tournaments and came home with medals...brazil, puerto rico and the rest of the american teams always play below expectations in those big competitions.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ciscorlie Horford View Post
                      Second game: VZN 103 vs JP 67

I am honestly shocked with how weak Asian countries outside of China are.
                      Well Lebanon did beat Venezuela in the 2006 World Championships 82-72...

This years' Venezuelan roster doesn't have any name from the 2006 roster if i'm not mistaken....I'm sure the addition of coach Musselman is a big plus for the team as well.

In 2006 their roster consisted of:

4 Víctor Díaz
                      5 Pablo Machado
                      6 Yumerving Ernesto Mijares
                      7 Richard Lugo
                      8 Tomás Aguilera
                      9 Oscar Torres
                      10 Carlos Alberto Cedeno
                      11 Miguel Marriaga
                      12 Gregory Vallenilla
                      13 Manuel Alejandro Barrios
                      14 Heberth Alberto Bayona
                      15 Carlos Morris

Coach: Néstor Salazar

Comment

Brazil had internal problems in last few years

had a bad coach (Lula Ferreira, is the Manolo Cintrón of Brazil ) bad mentality on the court, defense, trying to play only in fast break with speed like USA, but we don't have the same quality, after 2007, Moncho came to Brazil and started a new job to Brazil play with european game style (we won the fiba americas in Puerto Rico houses), he left, and Magnano (olympic champion with USA and second place in WC 2002) came to continuous the job and did a good job last year in Turkey.

we never played with complete roster, always missing some important players.

Brazil have a project for 2016, and this project started last year.

look our team this year

Nene, Varejao, Barbosa, Valtinho and Larry Taylor are out.

its a other start five team

but I believe in Magnanos job and I hope we can play 50-50 with Dominican and Pur.

Comment

Warn-up game Venezuela vs Cuba

2nd quater, 25 - 20 VNZL leads
                          ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!

Comment

Eric Musselman Will Return To Coach Venezuela National Team
                            Sacramento Kings
                            HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

VEN - Opportunity knocks for Vásquez and NT

NEW ORLEANS (FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament) - Greivis Vásquez wants to take responsibility and be the leader of Venezuela’s basketball team when his country hosts the FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament (OQT).

The 25-year-old guard, who plays for the New Orleans Hornets, says the aim is not only to claim one of three qualifying places for the Summer Games in London but to also promote the sport in his homeland.

"Personally, I think I should be the leader and the objective is to qualify,” Vásquez said.

"I've had a chance to speak with some of my teammates in the Venezuela national team and with them, I share the same sentiment.

"We're full of hope and excited about playing in front of our fans and family.

"Néstor Colmenares, Héctor "Pepito" Romero and David Cubillán have told me they're motivated and can't wait to start the fight for the Olympic places.”

The OQT will be the most important basketball event ever held in Caracas.

"One thing I am convinced of is that whatever happens, the tournament will provide motivation for young basketball players and thus promote the development of sport in the country,” Vásquez said.

“I also hope that the event is able to inspire our government officials and motivate them to build courts that are not there, or fix up those in poor condition.”

The only time Venezuela have played at an Olympic Games was in Barcelona in 1992.

In the 12-team OQT, Venezuela will compete in Group B with Lithuania and Nigeria.

Should they finish in the top two, Vásquez and Co will take on Greece, Jordan or Puerto Rico in the Quarter-Finals.

The winners of the Quarter-Finals will advance to the last four and the two sides that prevail in the Semi-Finals will clinch spots in London.

The losers of the Semi-Finals will then play in the final game of the OQT and the winners will progress to London.
                              Artificial Nature

Comment

Preliminary roster for the Olympics additional qualifying round:

Greivis Vásquez
                                Jesús Centeno
                                Windi Graterol
                                Néstor Colmenares
                                Luis Bethemi
                                Heissler Guillent
                                David Cubillan
                                Oscar Torres
                                Héctor Romero
                                Rafael Pérez
                                Gregory Echenique
                                Miguel Marriaga
                                Dwight Lewis Padrón
                                Francisco Centeno
                                José Bravo
                                Luis Valera
                                José Vargas
                                Michael Carrera
                                John Cox
                                Anthony Pérez
                                Jhorman Zamora
                                Gregory Vargas
                                Jesús Urbina

Source
                                Artificial Nature

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information