Olympiacos forfeited game vs PAO in the Greek Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympiacos forfeited game vs PAO in the Greek Cup

Sorry if this is a bit off topic but what happened in the PAO - Oly domestic game today ?

It just showed the first half score and said the word cancelled...

Originally posted by Gman365 View Post
    Sorry if this is a bit off topic but what happened in the PAO - Oly domestic game today ?

Olympiacos decided to leave the pitch due the referies calls, and no 2nd half
    2022/2023:
    PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
    SG: Baldwin, Hollins
    SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
    PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
    PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

Originally posted by Roy M View Post
      Have to say that Giannakopoulos is entertaining. The undies on the bench. Wow.
      Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
      2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
      Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Comment

oly is officially gs of gr
        what a clown gia is btw, bet it's his pants.

Comment

Originally posted by ncjazz View Post
          Have to say that Giannakopoulos is entertaining. The undies on the bench. Wow.
          The whole thing is so embarrassing. This is a new low for both Oly and Panathinaikos.
          3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

I can’t believe a professional team quit like that. Put in your bench players the entire second half just to make a statement.
            Anything but that. There has to be some severe penalty imposed because if not that would encourage this kind of thing going forward.
            Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
              I can’t believe a professional team quit like that. Put in your bench players the entire second half just to make a statement.
              Anything but that. There has to be some severe penalty imposed because if not that would encourage this kind of thing going forward.
              Greek competitions have dropped so low that I don’t think that there can be a punishment that will teach anything.

It’s really baffling that since they were expecting a pretty bad ref job, they could easily fight and expose them. Instead, they “gave up” on the game, essentially withdrawing while looking like sore losers.

And then of course you have DPG and his followers. What an embarrassment that is to Pao’s history
              3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

Originally posted by paspalj View Post

And then of course you have DPG and his followers. What an embarrassment that is to Pao’s history
                There was a mixup at the hospital. That’s the only logical explanation.
                Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by Axl Rose Is God View Post
                    oly is officially gs of gr
                    so the game is Atamaned.

Another reason to think that Blatt is not the right the right coach for Olympiakos. Noone can Ataman a game better than Ataman.

*Ataman can be seen Atamaning a game.
                    sex, droga i bodiroga.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
                      The Greek federation can only impose penalties in Greek competitions. So no, they can't do anything remotely severe

Comment

Originally posted by paspalj View Post
                        Greek competitions have dropped so low that I don’t think that there can be a punishment that will teach anything.

It’s really baffling that since they were expecting a pretty bad ref job, they could easily fight and expose them. Instead, they “gave up” on the game, essentially withdrawing while looking like sore losers.

Lol at this 50-50 stuff. Any embarrassment is reserved for the mob running Greek basketball. Pointless competitions that will end up selling their TV rights for peanuts if we ever make the reasonable move and leave.

Every fan is super happy with this decision but only as long as we stop playing in the league too. I for one don't trust the owners to pull through, not after they ve spent years putting up with this nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
                          Lol at this 50-50 stuff. Any embarrassment is reserved for the mob running Greek basketball. Pointless competitions that will end up selling their TV rights for peanuts if we ever make the reasonable move and leave.

Every fan is super happy with this decision but only as long as we stop playing in the league too. I for one don't trust the owners to pull through, not after they ve spent years putting up with this nonsense.
                          You spoke like a real red sheep. At least, you are a good soldier.

As for this forum, anyone knows the objectivity of your comments and the constant whining about the refs in almost any case when your team loses. This is as official as it can get after the shameful act of your presidents, yesterday. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Gman365 View Post

here is what Eurohoops says (By Antonis Stroggylakis):

Olympiacos decided to not return for the second half of the Greek Cup semifinal against Panathinaikos OPAP.

After trailing 40-25 at the break of the Greek semifinal game which started with Olympiacos players getting called with three fouls in the first 28 seconds, the Reds decided to forfeit the game and not play in the second half.

Panathinaikos won the game with the final score being 20-0 according to FIBA rules and will play in the Greek Cup final against PAOK.

Olympiacos decided to proceed with the protest despite the possible sanctions for the team for leaving the game.

Olympiacos GM Christos Stavropoulos said on live television: “We are disgusted. We can’t participate in this farce. We can take it any more, the sports authorities should do something.”

Panathinaikos owner Dimitris Giannakopoulos also spoke on the matter: “It was something already planned. It seems that they cannot pay their players, they threw the towel and now they say that they don’t like the refs. Maybe the Aggelopoulos family wants to leave Olympiacos and to blame us and the refs. It’s unacceptable. You lose, or win on the court.”

Panathinaikos coach Rick Pitino who never had seen anything like that in his long career added: “I am very disappointed, I don’t want to see anything like this happening. We went to Olympiacos (ed.note: in the EuroLeague regular season) and we got our butts kicked. We are very disappointed that the game didn’t finish. I understand the rivalry with Olympiacos, but the game is bigger. I have a lot of respect for Olympiacos players and coach. I am very disappointed as a coach of 43 years. I don’t like the message it sends.”

When all was said and done, Giannakopoulos left a woman’s underwear on the empty Olympiacos’ bench.
                            5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                              When all was said and done, Giannakopoulos left a woman’s underwear on the empty Olympiacos’ bench.

FIBA and ULEB should ban this guy from all basketball games...
                              FENERBAHÇE
                              --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                              --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                              --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                              --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information