Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philippines in King Abdullah Cup

Philippines will play in this tournament and here are the schedule of games

King Abdullah Cup Schedule. (Manila time)

July 26 - Egypt vs Philippines - 9 PM

July 27- Philippines vs Saudi Arabia - 6 PM

July 28 - Philippines vs Jordan (A) - 9 PM

July 30 - Philippines vs Tunisia - 12 AM

July 31 - Jordan (B) vs Philippines - 12 AM
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

will there be tv coverage? or streams? is the participation of gilas confirmed?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by live_evil View Post
      will there be tv coverage? or streams? is the participation of gilas confirmed?
      I think Gilas' participation is confirmed. The ones who have not yet confirmed are Morocco, Czech Republic, Russia, Serbia, Greece.

Comment

WAre we allowed to send more than 12 players in this tourney..(look at Jordan sending 2 teams as they evaluate their guys)
        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

If SBP has the budget, they should bring everyone from the pool

Comment

looks like this is the Jones cup version of Middle East. good tournament to train our team especially Kai to get stronger and more offensive options.
            sigpic

Comment

What's funny is that West Asia states and Taiwan are able to stage a sustainable international tournament that attracts world-class competition year after year, but the so-called basketball-crazy Philippines does not.

Comment

Originally posted by k3ttch View Post
                What's funny is that West Asia states and Taiwan are able to stage a sustainable international tournament that attracts world-class competition year after year, but the so-called basketball-crazy Philippines does not.
                3 words: Third World country

Comment

Let's see how these boys fare against Middle Eastern teams.

If Kai can make it, I'd like to see him go up against Salah Mejri and Al-Dwairi.

Comment

Originally posted by CoJ View Post
                    3 words: Third World country
                    after 2008, its only last year, pandemic year it is that JBF revived it, particularly during these difficult times where tuneups are hard to find
                    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by yogaflame View Post
                      looks like this is the Jones cup version of Middle East. good tournament to train our team especially Kai to get stronger and more offensive options.
                      Maybe Gilas can become a regular fixture in this tournament which features Arab & North African teams. Gilas can play in this tournament on a regular basis. And I bet the tournament organizers would be impressed at how much Pinoy fans would follow this tournament with Gilas playing there.
                      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                        Maybe Gilas can become a regular fixture in this tournament which features Arab & North African teams. Gilas can play in this tournament on a regular basis. And I bet the tournament organizers would be impressed at how much Pinoy fans would follow this tournament with Gilas playing there.
                        I think this King Abdullah Cup is a way better competition for the senior Gilas to compete in compared to... SEAG

Comment

Originally posted by Labradoodle View Post
                          I think this King Abdullah Cup is a way better competition for the senior Gilas to compete in compared to... SEAG
                          That's a no brainer bro.

Its like comparing Olympic basketball & Asian Games basketball
                          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

My 15 players for this tournament:

1. Kai
                            2 . Kouame
                            3. Go
                            4. Tamayo
                            5. Balti
                            6. WillNav
                            7. Dwight R.
                            8. Thirdy
                            9. JorHead
                            10. Bulanadi (I've been longing to see this kid in Gilas uniform)
                            11. Matt Nieto
                            12. RJ Abarrientos
                            13. Kemark Carino
                            14. Suerte
                            15. Dave Ildefonso

By the way, Gilas boys better brace for highly physical games that they will face in this tournament. African & Middle East teams are known for their physicality. Its good that the boys tasted such kind of physicality from the Koreans last month & they were able to take such physicality well.

Well this is what the doctor ordered. Such physicality would prepare our Gilas boys for the future FIBA tournaments

Comment

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                              And this year, it's a good alternative to the Jones Cup. Maybe we can get our best collegiate and even HS players to participate in the Jones Cup and King Abdullah Cup to increase their exposure and have their development supervised. Who knows, opportunity to get offers from other nations.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information