• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ranking points, I believe these are correct
    1. 250pts
    2. 200
    3. 150
    4. 75 Dude, they ripped us off (3rd place doubles our points)
    5. 70
    6. 65
    7. 60
    8. 55
    9-16 50

Comment

Thanks,and the points in the preolimpics?
      Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
      16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
      Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
      8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Originally posted by carlosGC
        I believe 4. YUG* 508.0 should be changed to 4. Serbia 508.0 and Montenegro starts from scratch, ranked 75.
        Is that fair on Montengrans and other countries that made up the former Yugoslavian team?

Comment

Originally posted by Lietuvis
          Is that fair on Montengrans and other countries that made up the former Yugoslavian team?
          Fair, surely not but that's the only way to do. Serbia (in the years calculated in the ranking) has provided most of the players in Serbia-Montenegro NT (e.g. : no Montenegran Player were on the S&M NT for last world championship). You can't divide the points according to the % of Serbian players and Montenegran players

The same happened for the ex-URSS countries, even if Lituanian players were a great force.

P.S. : hello everyone, it was my first post here. This forum seems cool and sorry for my english

Comment

Good post and the first to reply to my question with some logic!

Cheers!

Comment

Good post and the first to reply to my question with some logic!

Well, I was the only one that replied before. You mean my answer was foolish?? I'm shocked. Are you questioning my intellectuality????? (I'm pretty much sure i've read much more moronic comments than mine on this forum, and just skimmed and forgot them; well I replied a few) I don't know if it was clear, that the following
              I believe 4. YUG* 508.0 should be changed to 4. Serbia 508.0 and Montenegro starts from scratch, ranked 75.
              was my opinion, I really don't know how FIBA will deal with that.
              Or you were refering to the question below?
              +
              |
              |
              V
              I don't really have a clue if there were Montenegrins in the Yugoslavian team (grille-pain affirms there weren't), but that shouldn't matter anyway. Even if the team was "stuffed with" Montenegrins, I think it would be correct to make Montenegro start 75th. (it may seem unfair for montenegrins though)
              I mean, Montenegro as a new country has to start from scratch on every aspect concerning a country's international affairs and everything related to international organizations, why should it be different with FIBA?. Summarized, Montenegro is the separating country, not Serbia (I believe they(Serbia) were the head country in Serbia & Montenegro federation, am I wrong?).
              There was/is a thread in the Serbia-Montenegro subforum, where I posted an article (a "fact-box" related to Montenegro's separation) from news agency Reuters. You can check it out.

only I really don't see your point in that question?

Either
              1. you'd like to see Serbia below Lithuania in FIBA ranking, (I don't know, is there an unending rivalry between Serbs and Lithuanians in basketball??? Something like Brazil-Argentina in soccer.) thus want Serbia and Montenegro to split the points.
              OR
              2. you actually care if Montenegro starts from the 75th position and want to know what others think.

Maybe both.

Originally posted by PRSURF
              I'm not sure, my guess is that FIBA doesn't give points for preolympics. Anyway who cares about the meager points (if there are), the thing is to qualify for the Olympics. Just two direct spots for Americas, same for Europe. I think 3rd-5th teams (3rd-6th for europe) have a shot at the Olympic Qualifying Tournament in July 2008, which is a 12 team tournament; three teams that reach podium here qualify for Olympics.

Originally posted by BadMann
              i think argentina is better than greece , they are as the same capacity as es , usa is weakest in top4 , lithunia is more deserved 5 than france ,
              Well, I didn't expect Greece to play as bad as they did, for god's sake! they were playing THE FINAL, but I knew beforehand Spain was superior. Greeks left many doubts, it even looked (at least through my eyes) as Greece didn't deserve to be in the final, but in fact they really earned the right to be there (they defeated USA).

I just wanted to add that if demoralized Argentinian team would have beaten the USA in bronze medal game, this would have been FIBA's ranking, seriously

1. ARG 795.0
              2. USA 757.2 Yep, USA dethroned.
              3. ESP 619.0
              4. YUG* 508.0
              5. LTU 460.0
              Now everybody, be honest, wouldn't this ranking have looked nice?

Third place was important indeed, many points were at stake, but even if we didn't make it I can't reproach them for anything, wouldn't be fair.
              Last edited by carlosGC; 09-08-2006, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by marko
                yes indeed

only in brazil we have about double than our population ..
                WITH THAT SMALL POPULATION, WE MANAGED TO MOVE FROM ARROUND 40TH PLACE TO 24 !!! ( IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN )

GONGRATULATION TO LEBANON !

Comment

Originally posted by PRSURF
                  Onlu Olympic games, World championships, continental championships and world U21 and U19 championships. AND you can read all about rankings here
                  The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Well, I was the only one that replied before. You mean my answer was foolish?? I'm shocked. Are you questioning my intellectuality????? (I'm pretty much sure i've read much more moronic comments than mine on this forum, and just skimmed and forgot them; well I replied a few) I don't know if it was clear, that the following
                    Take no offence as I was merely welcoming a new member at the same time reading why the results should be that way as well not just stating the number. What I mean by "logic" is by providing the reasoning why. It does not mean foolish as you have implied.

Answer your questions:

1. Yugoslavia now does not exist. So why keep putting on YUG on the FIBA website when they just need to make a decision. I agree that it should be Serbia that should be replaced and I was queriying the point that should they take the credit for all 8 years of WC, Olympics etc from all their previous counterparts. Will FIBA keep YUG on their rankings until a full cycle has been completed by Serbia (another 7 yrs)?? and yes of course I would like to see us as #4

2. Well again, with Montengrans starting 75th could be a little rough especially if they have had players recently in the YUG team. In my ignorance I do not know the spilt of S v M in the team so if it was 50/50 would it be fair for Serbia to claim 4th? But as grille-pain has pointed out it has been a minority if any at all but again this needs to be considered over the previous FIBA ranking cycle.

But as you have stated, it seem Montengrans are the separating country so this may be one of the "con" in doing so that all sporting affiliations, rankings etc start from scratch as what has happened when Lithuania regained its independence.

Comment

Originally posted by LuDux
                      Onlu Olympic games, World championships, continental championships and world U21 and U19 championships. AND you can read all about rankings here
                      http://www.fiba.com/pages/en/misc/ra...557&pn_id=178&

new tournament will be important, so it's almost certain they will give out some kind of points there. although who cares..

and according to the rankings system placings 19-9 should be awarded 1-10 points (multiplied by the coefficient). giving most of them 50 points contradicts the rules FIBA has published. though this is no news,...

btw, giving teams placed 9-16 (sharing 16th spot, which is bulls*it) like Angola or New Zealand 50 points is a disgrace. first place in Eurobasket is worth that. or gold in World championships of U-21.. or all five African Championships.. in other words, when New Zealand loses to Australia to "win" the second spot in Oceania, for which it gets 4 (!!!) points, and then goes to WC, where it wins 30% of matches and gets awarded... 50 points.

and having YUG in the ranking is beyond any logical thinking. it's just stupid, simple as that. as far as these rankings go, Serbia, or Serbia and Montenegro are not ranked at all and never were. this makes it strange we do not see USSR in the rankings.
                      Last edited by kestas; 09-09-2006, 11:31 AM.
                      stop russia

Comment

Originally posted by LuDux
                        http://www.fiba.com/pages/en/misc/ra...557&pn_id=178&
                        Thanks Ludux
                        Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
                        16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
                        Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
                        8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

YUG* 14,306,136
                          That´s wrong. Serbia&Montenegro together had around 8,5mio. With Kosovo 10,5mio but they are like a own country and their are only albanians so we never get players from this region.

Comment

So how does it work with Serbia and Yugoslavia???

OK they are 4th now so does Serbian results only count for this from now on?

How does Montenegra buy in to this? Maybe they need to apportion their results to put them on the board as M is now joined FIBA???

Or do they need to start from scratch?

Lithuania had to start from scratch after they regained independence from Russia...

Montenegro had to start by nil like BIH, Croatia, Fyrom, Slovenia before. Because all this countries seperate from Serbia, FIBA count every title to Serbia.

Comment

and having YUG in the ranking is beyond any logical thinking. it's just stupid, simple as that. as far as these rankings go, Serbia, or Serbia and Montenegro are not ranked at all and never were. this makes it strange we do not see USSR in the rankings.
                              That is FIBA´s mistake. The country was called since 2003 Serbia&Montenegro before it was Yougslavia so they have to change this into Serbia now. And Montenegro had few players over the years in the SCG NT and at the WC also one player in Goran Nikolic (born in Niksic/Montenegro). So we also had Predrag Drobnjak, Vlado Scepanovic and earlier Zarko Paspalj.

Comment

I just wanted to add that if demoralized Argentinian team would have beaten the USA in bronze medal game, this would have been FIBA's ranking, seriously

1. ARG 795.0
                                2. USA 757.2 Yep, USA dethroned.
                                3. ESP 619.0
                                4. YUG* 508.0
                                5. LTU 460.0
                                Now everybody, be honest, wouldn't this ranking have looked nice?
                                It would be a fuken ugly ranking if you ask me, USA will NEVER lose their throne of first place seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information