Day 5 Group B: Argentina - Spain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    2006 european under16 tournament when he was 16 years old. Triple double in the final vs Russia in a game out of this world.

But, I started a discussion about Garino to Spurs, not about Ricky Rubio. Everybody here knows what Ricky can or can't do.
    Sorry about that . I honestly thought you were talking about Rudy .
    Garino to Spurs ? That is another topic altogether . But i am glad you knew what i was talking about .
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Federoy View Post
      The Sixers are a dumpster fire of an organization. He'd be highly paid but unhappy if he returned to the NBA.
      Uhhh.... can you really talk? The Pistons were an absolute mess until recently.

I watched that team up close. Other than our trash point guards, that team has had a lot of talent the past two seasons. Unfortunately we signed Bayless to a big contract so he'll probably get more minutes than he ever should but our team is a lot better than our records the past two seasons. Okafor is as good as anybody on the Pistons, and Covington is probably the best player you've never heard of. With a legit point guard, we could've been close to a playoff team last year.

Comment

The Sixers are a dumpster fire of an organization. He'd be highly paid but unhappy if he returned to the NBA.
        Yeah but I think all that is coming to an end. They have a once in a generation talent coming and that always makes all the difference in the world.
        Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by CHBB View Post

I watched that team up close. Other than our trash point guards, that team has had a lot of talent the past two seasons. Unfortunately we signed Bayless to a big contract so he'll probably get more minutes than he ever should but our team is a lot better than our records the past two seasons. Okafor is as good as anybody on the Pistons, and Covington is probably the best player you've never heard of. With a legit point guard, we could've been close to a playoff team last year.
          The best team are the Minnesota Timberwolves with the best pointguard of the league. Can you guess who is?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
            The best team are the Minnesota Timberwolves with the best pointguard of the league. Can you guess who is?
            Kris Dunn ?

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
              Kris Dunn ?
              What a summer league he did!!! bringing Minny to the final vs Chicago, a pity that Valantine wanted to emulate Jordan, if not, the championship would have flown to Minnesota.

Thibodeau will put him as the starting PG and put the other PG on the end of the bench (yes, I told you that I don't follow as much the NBA, but the summer league is very interesting ).

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
                Kris Dunn ?
                That kid is legit. Reminds me of CP3 when he first came into the league.

Comment

Originally posted by CHBB View Post
                  That kid is legit. Reminds me of CP3 when he first came into the league.
                  No doubt. Teams that passed on him other than Philly of course are gonna regret it.

Comment

IDK how ricky can be starter in NBA.It's like playing with 4 man in the offensive side
                    BARÇA O MUERTE

Comment

• Originally posted by CHBB View Post

The Pistons have a relatively recent title (2004) and three collectively, along with five Eastern Conference titles (would've been six had Isiah Thomas not passed the ball to Bird in 1987). I think any soul searching Sixers fan would take that over what they currently have. Frankly, the NBA needs the Sixers to come back to life...and their fans do too! There's a lot of history in Philadelphia, but that franchise has been mismanaged for a decade or more and it might take a few more years for all that talent they've amassed to mature and turn into something successful.
                      Last edited by Federoy; 08-16-2016, 02:13 AM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Federoy;1074657](would've been six had Isiah Thomas not passed the ball to Bird in 1986).

That was '87. "Now there's a steal by Bird underneath to Dj lays it in. What a play by Bird"

Johnny Most.

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
                          Obviously off topic but it's funny I gained more respect for Mike Tyson in that fight than any of his victories.
                          Bullying and pummeling terrified opponents in early rounds is one thing, but he was getting schooled by Douglas all fight long and dug deep and knocked him down late in that fight. And even tried to get up after the knockdown. After that he never showed any heart for the rest of his career.
                          Douglas won the fight fair and square, but I remember Tyson was going through some personal issues at the time. I can't help but think had Cus D'mato not died and Mike had not hooked up with Don King how different his life and career would have been. I bookmark the Spinx fight as the beginning of his decline.

Comment

• [QUOTE=usagre;1074660]
                            (would've been six had Isiah Thomas not passed the ball to Bird in 1986).

That was '87. "Now there's a steal by Bird underneath to Dj lays it in. What a play by Bird"

Johnny Most.
                            I stand corrected. Crazy...I was a kid at the time, but I distinctly remember that play. It was heartbreaking!

Comment

• Originally posted by Federoy View Post
                              The Pistons have a relatively recent title (2004) and three collectively, along with five Eastern Conference titles (would've been six had Isiah Thomas not passed the ball to Bird in 1987). I think any soul searching Sixers fan would take that over what they currently have. Frankly, the NBA needs the Sixers to come back to life...and their fans do too! There's a lot of history in Philadelphia, but that franchise has been mismanaged for a decade or more and it might take a few more years for all that talent they've amassed to mature and turn into something successful.
                              That was 12 years ago. From 2008-2015, they were a mess. If you all hadn't gotten Reggie Jackson, you'd still be a mess. Hell you kind of still are. There's no order to that team. You have how many wing players? Two exact same type of players in Marcus Morris and Tobias Harris, among other things. Say what you want about our team but at least we didn't just throw a bunch of pieces at a wall and saw what stick. Well until this year. Ugh why did we sign Bayless..... Honesty though, the only player on your roster I might prefer to the players on mine is maybe Drummond. I'll take Covington over Stanley Johnson any day, and I'd take Luwawu over any of your wings. I'm personally not a fan of the Ben Simmons pick but Saric to me is the kind of player who solidifies a franchise just with the way he will do everything to get his team the win. Our team has mostly been full of those type of players the past two years but trading away a true point guard stunted the development of all of them and not having a true point guard carried that into this season.

The Sixers have three of those too, along with two of the greatest teams in history in 1960 and 1983. They were competitive in the second half of the 70s, in the 80s, in the late 90s and throughout most of the 2000s. They've been a point guard away from the playoffs the past two seasons.

I'm rooting for Detroit fans to have a Pistons team they can cheer about again like they did last year but people in glass houses really shouldn't throw stones.

Comment

• [QUOTE=CHBB;1074681

The Sixers have three of those too, along with two of the greatest teams in history in 1960 and 1983. They were competitive in the second half of the 70s, in the 80s, in the late 90s and throughout most of the 2000s. They've been a point guard away from the playoffs the past two seasons.

Wilt's great Philly team was actually '67. But I think you can argue either one of those teams as the '83 or '67 as the greatest of all time. But on your current team you grossly exaggerating. You won 10 games last year and missed the playoffs by 34 games. And the year before you won 18 and missed the playoffs by 20 games. Unless you are talking about Magic Johnson I don't know what point guard addition would have translated in such a big win difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information