Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
    Mindozas

Look standings of fiba americas groups before playoofs: Argentina 6-1,Canada 6-1,Mexico 6-1 and than Venezuala and Puerturico 3-4... That not even close.Their were 3 big fishes,but championship was won by small one,its sometimes happens.But Argentina is better in all almost criterias and is just higher level team.I dont understand how can you consider that to be better matchup for us...Venezualas run in playoofs was just cinderella story that happens in sport,but they do not repeat second year ! Argentina is obviuosly tougher matchup and for Lithuania and for anybody else.
    Man, are you serious here? Who cares about the standings before the play-offs now, when in final standings they are first. It was poor contrargument from you But it's not what I was talking about at all from the first post written. Pay more attention. I already wrote and I can repeat myself once again that Argentina is more talented team, but their bball suits us better than Venezuela's one. And I wrote why. It doesn't mean that Venezuela would have a decent chance against us or that we will have a walkover over Argentina. Just for us it's easier to play against such offensive teams with leaky defense like Argentina. That's all

Comment

• Originally posted by Italian Pride View Post
      Why did you say Motejunas is in doubtful for Olympics tournament?Now he is playing too in Nba!

Jasaitis was great in the last game against Turin for his team(he play very well this year n Italy),any chance that he will be in to replace Gailius?
      Regarding Motiejunas, he will be free agent in summer, so those contract issues might be an obstacle, also all these health problems he had guarantees nothing yet. Back pains are very tricky and serious thing

Regarding Jasaitis, who knows. Anyway, it's very unlikely IMO that we'll see Gailius in NT this summer, so we'll need another SG/SF

Comment

• Shawshank, the line should be drawn somewhere. Anytime you write you misrepresent the things I or other poster writes. I'm sorry but you can't read and you can't discuss.
        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
        Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
          Shawshank, the line should be drawn somewhere. Anytime you write you misrepresent the things I or other poster writes. I'm sorry but you can't read and you can't discuss.
          Did i hear you feeling again when i said you live in past result and not being objective? or you again dont find no contriarguments about basketball? some time ago you accused me i cant write in english when you didnt find more basketball arguments to my statements...now i cant read , i cant discuss... Once again who are you,to tell who can discuss and who cant on this forum ? It is free word forum for every member,if you dont like my position its your problem not mine .I sorry i dont care about your opinion who can do what and who cant.Keep that to yourself than you.

Mindozas

Comon when one team wins 6 games other 3 wins that not even close that obviuos level diffrence...I didnt realize that myself until i didnt checked the standings...That even proof more of my point about cinderella story...They wont repeat that not next and not in next 5 years that result they showd in 2015.Three best teams was Argentina,Canada,Mexico by far in that tournament.All of them beated venezuala in group and its always tough to beat same team second time in same tournament.But i dont take anything from venezuala they peaked on the right moment and got some things that went their way and won.

I understand what you say about style,but at the end of the day Argentina is better team by level diffrence. Its the same as to say Serbias style suits as better than Macedonias playing style.But i still rather play Macedonia,than level above Serbia with suitable style.Thats my point.Level is more important than style in such cases. Hopefully you are right we gonna beat that suitable Argentina,because if not or out or usa in 1/4 for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
            Mindozas

Comon when one team wins 6 games other 3 wins that not even close that obviuos level diffrence...I didnt realize that myself until i didnt checked the standings...That even proof more of my point about cinderella story...They wont repeat that not next and not in next 5 years that result they showd in 2015.Three best teams was Argentina,Canada,Mexico by far in that tournament.All of them beated venezuala in group and its always tough to beat same team second time in same tournament.But i dont take anything from venezuala they peaked on the right moment and got some things that went their way and won.
            You wrote the same like in previous post and I already replied about that Again you took into consideration some results in group, where Venezuela lost in close game vs Argentina and in close game vs Mexico, only hopeless game was vs Canada, but you don't care about final results at all, which matters here the most, cause it doesn't suit your position. And calling all this "not even close that obviuos level diffrence"... C'mon. How come team bein' "not even close" level wise to others 3, managed to win the tournament? I know that cause I watched majority of the games in group stage, and that level was way more close than you are tryin' to picture, while you took a look at some standings and made conclusions. It's not really fair I'd say.

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
            I understand what you say about style,but at the end of the day Argentina is better team by level diffrence. Its the same as to say Serbias style suits as better than Macedonias playing style.But i still rather play Macedonia,than level above Serbia with suitable style.Thats my point.Level is more important than style in such cases. Hopefully you are right we gonna beat that suitable Argentina,because if not or out or usa in 1/4 for us.
            Level is important when there's really obvious level difference, but it's not in this case. It's surely not current Serbia vs current FYROM. Funny tho that you chose those two as example, the last time FYROM had really competitive team was 2011, when we lost against them, while beat Serbia

Anyway, I see that this discussion leads nowhere, we are just goin' round in circles. I guess it's better to go back to LT NT discussions.

Kazlauskas will have press-conference on Thursday, where he'll announce preparations schedule. It's interesting if there'll be some clues about possible candidates list

Comment

• On a positive note Im watching Zalgiris - Lietkabelis now and it looks like Pocius still has some game left. Shooting without hesitation, running, overall in attack mode. Hope he shows something similar this summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
                On a positive note Im watching Zalgiris - Lietkabelis now and it looks like Pocius still has some game left. Shooting without hesitation, running, overall in attack mode. Hope he shows something similar this summer.
                Curry who? Gangbanga in action

I want him to drop 30 on Oly this week

Comment

• Preparation schedule revealed. Sadly, no USA, tho we had an offer from them to play friendly in USA, but rejected it due to long flights from Brazil to USA, unnecessary. But will be some interesting games vs Spain, Argentina, Australia

preps.jpg

Comment

• Didn't see video to find out if Kazlauskas seriously considering Kleiza or he just answered the question correctly. If D-MO wouldn't show up, Kleiza still could be interesting option, but only if he looks really convincing in the camp. If not, I'm good to go with Jankunas/Kuzminskas/Sabonis lineup at 4. Kleiza never was much of defensive force and last few years it just gotten worse, so Armani's version of Kleiza wouldn't be an improvement to my mentioned trio, let a lone if D-Mo comes. On other hand, he's one of these mental leaders and might be really hungry for basketball.

2 games against Spain. I can live with that. That's already better than NT had last few summers.
                    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                    Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Kazlauskas was asked if he keeps in touch with Kleiza. He replied that yes, he sees him every morning in the same fitness club he is goin' to, they talks about bball and etc. That's all. No hints about possible Kleiza's return, addition to preliminar list or if he takes bball ball in his hands at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                        Didn't see video to find out if Kazlauskas seriously considering Kleiza or he just answered the question correctly. If D-MO wouldn't show up, Kleiza still could be interesting option, but only if he looks really convincing in the camp. If not, I'm good to go with Jankunas/Kuzminskas/Sabonis lineup at 4. Kleiza never was much of defensive force and last few years it just gotten worse, so Armani's version of Kleiza wouldn't be an improvement to my mentioned trio, let a lone if D-Mo comes. On other hand, he's one of these mental leaders and might be really hungry for basketball.

2 games against Spain. I can live with that. That's already better than NT had last few summers.
                        I think we should consider Kavaliauskas as a combo 4-5.

Comment

• A bit out of topic but new LT Kit for Olympics.
                          Looks so much better darker green and like the red stripes on the shorts overall serious design. Hundred times better than the ones from Eurobasket 2015, the ones from 2015 to much yellowness but I especially hated those yellow and green squares on the white jerseys looked awful even the jerseys from Eurobasket 2013 looked better.

olimpines-krepsinio-aprangos-70737648.jpg
                          Last edited by Modis; 03-18-2016, 08:40 PM.
                          Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
                          FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
                          FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Comment

• I don't know. From that picture it doesn't look as if the shorts match the jerseys. The jerseys seem to be green with yellow trim and the shorts seem to be green with red trim. And the shorts look like a darker green than the jerseys. If that's the case that would be really bad. Moreover I don't like the way the red trim on the shorts extends sideways along the bottom of the shorts. I prefer just a vertical stripe down the sides.

The uniform I liked the best was the one from 1996, followed by the one from 2004.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                              I don't know. From that picture it doesn't look as if the shorts match the jerseys. The jerseys seem to be green with yellow trim and the shorts seem to be green with red trim. And the shorts look like a darker green than the jerseys. If that's the case that would be really bad. Moreover I don't like the way the red trim on the shorts extends sideways along the bottom of the shorts. I prefer just a vertical stripe down the sides.

The uniform I liked the best was the one from 1996, followed by the one from 2004.

Wow I didn't think you'll dislike this jersey so much. Yeh the only thing that doesn't make sense is the shirt brighter green while the socks the shorts dark green maybe its still unfinished design for the shirt either way I don't care it looks awesome. Also those red stripes could go on the shirt on the sides to but still sick design in my opinion Not sure how it would look since its out of fashion but if they could bring back when the name of the country was curved written on the jersey like that

il_170x135_640842638_n3d0.jpg
                              Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
                              FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
                              FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Comment

• So here's a look at previous Team Lietuva Olympic uniforms:

Ratings

1992 A
                                1996 A (I like the checkerboard stripe down the sides but I prefer the big number on the front of the 1992 jersey.)
                                2000 D
                                2004 A-
                                2008 A (I like the swirly stripes down the sides.)
                                2012 B (Not as colourful without the red.)

My ideal jersey would be the 1996 with yellow printing and a big number followed by the 2008 with LIETUVA written in curved letters the way it was in 1992-96.

Last edited by Hepcat; 03-22-2016, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information