FINALS: USA vs Spain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FINALS: USA vs Spain

The only thing left for Team USA to emphatically reclaim world basketball supremacy will be a "three peat" to avenge the embarrassing defeats in 2002, 2004 and 2006.

2008, 2010 and 2012 are all redeem teams in a way.
    USA
    0%
    Spain
    0%

The poll is expired.

Whether this game is close or not will rely on Spain's guards, if they show up, help the front court in scoring and limit their turnovers we might have a game. If they can't Team USA will match the run by the Dream Team era (92-96) in terms of titles.
    Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

I expect heavy minutes for defensive guards like Kobe, Iguodala and Westbrook to shut down Spain's guards.

I hope Chandler and Love comes up big inside the paint. It will be a real challenge to go up against the Gasols, Ibaka and Reyes.

Comment

Handling Pau and Marc (and Serge??) in the middle is gonna be a problem. US hasn't played a team with these kinds of piggies in the middle. Chandler will have a nice seat on the bench.

As long as the US can continue to hustle, mark up for D, and not sloth away they can outlast this Spanish team. I am really looking forward to seeing Navarro flopping everywhere when he feels body contact. Him and CP3 can have a flop-a-palooza.

I think this will be the first game where US is threatened, even when they actually play harder.
        "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

Originally posted by Dtown View Post
          Whether this game is close or not will rely on Spain's guards, if they show up, help the front court in scoring and limit their turnovers we might have a game. If they can't Team USA will match the run by the Dream Team era (92-96) in terms of titles.
          To your point I think this is where Spain will miss Rubio, I don't think that Calderon will hold up under the defensive pressure.
          Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

I am going with the USA for the win but I can not say how it will go.

If we see the Spanish team that played from the start of the Olympics to the 1st half against Russia then this game can get kind of ugly.

If we see the Spanish team that played in the 2nd half against Russia then things might get a little interesting.
            KNICKS FAN THAT HATES JAMES DOLAN!

Comment

USA will win, no matter what. I don't even care about Spanish frontline, if they keep Gasol Bros on the court, no way in hell they can defend transition threes. And US will make uncontested threes, it's pure naivety to hope they won't.
              US by 20 and it's over by third period's end.

Comment

Being on ISH for some time now I can tell you the lack of posts on this thread already shows us how unconfident people are here in Spain winning gold. Not to mention a lack of Greek supporters has made things rather quiet. Pretty boring times.
                "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

Originally posted by bobo81 View Post
                  Being on ISH for some time now I can tell you the lack of posts on this thread already shows us how unconfident people are here in Spain winning gold. Not to mention a lack of Greek supporters has made things rather quiet. Pretty boring times.
                  Can you blame people for being unconfident after Spain's disappointing performance in this Olympics besides the Russia game?
                  KNICKS FAN THAT HATES JAMES DOLAN!

Comment

Come on USA, turn up the pressure and defensive intensity within the back-court. Impeding will do wonders here. A free ride for the 2014 WC is what I'm hoping. As for bragging rights or for pride, I'm not angling for those.
                    Sacramento Kings
                    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Obviously USA is 99% favourite.

Spain should play without fear. I would start with Ibaka instead of Marc, in order to stop three pointers and helping with blocks. Also I would leave Navarro in bench and put San Emeterio to be stronger. Then I would try Llull as a point guard and Claver as a small forward, also to avoid weak physical players. Felipe Reyes should not play tomorrow.
                      Sorry for my poor english

Comment

If Spain is to have any future in International basketball tournaments, their young players need to step up and show something more in this game. Come 2016 or even 2014, most of their current key players will not be playing for them anymore.

Can Ibaka dominate the International game the way he dominated in the NBA? That is my biggest question going into this game. I have been disappointed in his play in a big way. What's even worse is that he played professionally in Spain before getting drafted.

Comment

Without Rubio, Spain doesnt have too much chances. I hope Spain guard well the 3 point line

Comment

Originally posted by naumoski View Post
                            Obviously USA is 99% favourite.

Spain should play without fear. I would start with Ibaka instead of Marc, in order to stop three pointers and helping with blocks. Also I would leave Navarro in bench and put San Emeterio to be stronger. Then I would try Llull as a point guard and Claver as a small forward, also to avoid weak physical players. Felipe Reyes should not play tomorrow.
                            I agree Spain should start Ibaka. He was effective against the USA in the exhibition game and he has the versatility to guard the USA's wings and to rotate over quickly on the USA slashers to affect their shots. I think Spain needs to gamble with Navarro though, they need Navarro, Calderon and probably one other person to get hot from the outside and for the Gasols and Ibaka to dominate down low. I'd like to see Llull play many minutes too, he at least has the speed to handle the USA backcourt better than most of the other Spanish guards.

Comment

Originally posted by bobo81 View Post
                              Agreed no Greeks, no Turks, none of the Yugoslavian countries, has led to a quiet (if peaceful) tournament.
                              Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information