Quarterfinals: Brazil vs. Argentina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quarterfinals: Brazil vs. Argentina

The first Olympic meeting between the two rivals since 1952.
    Brazil
    0%
    Argentina
    0%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Originally posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Was secretly hoping that they would be playing each other for Bronze coming into this tournament. Still it's good this will be settled on the court even if it is a bit early.

I think this is finally the time Brazil take control of this rivalry, yes I know the rule Brazil is always disappointing and Argentina is immortal, but both of those have to change sometime. Why not this game?

(cue Argentina winning by 20 )
    Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Again... 2002, 2007, 2010...

I am not feeling well about this game. Argentina is just too good.

Comment

Originally posted by guilherme.rcf View Post
        Again... 2002, 2007, 2010...

I am not feeling well about this game. Argentina is just too good.
        It is your time now. Scola against your three big guys will be a mismatch.
        Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Brazil has to win this!

Comment

Against us Scola grows up to 7"1 and plays like Karl Malone.

Comment

Argentina is a clear favorite with better chemistry and better players overall, but will their age finally show? It is only one game so I dont think it will show yet, especially against the biggest rival in all sports. And honestly, I dont see Ginobili and Scola loosing against Brasil in the knock-out game, this Argentina always finds a way to win when it matters...

Comment

Brasil made huge mistake winning against Spain.They got the worst opponent they could.Even Usa were better for them remember 2010.Im telling you they have 5 % to beat this argentina team.I dont know history in Americas champs,but did brasil ever won against argentina With Ginobili and Scola playing for argentina? They are most likely team with less IQ on the couart from this 8 team left and argentina is 1 in this area.Argentina has many weapons they could go in the close game manu,scola,and brasil gonna go to barbosa or huertas crazy shots ? please i dont believe in miracle

The only chance for brasil is to run like crazy for 40minutes and try to play atleast some solid defence...Like Lithuania did in 2010.If the game gonna be close bye bye brasil.You have to have atleast 12-15 points lead going to 4 querter...
                Last edited by Shawshank; 08-08-2012, 08:18 AM.

Comment

I am pulling for Argentina in this one, it is hard for a team to beat another team three times in a roe, and with the recent on court drama I think a re match Argentina VS USA would be an intenser n interesting game possibly the best game of the tournament. Look for hard fouls, barking and bickering, and both team going all out to try and outs the other... But that's only if Argentina gets past Brazil's bigs.

Comment

Objectively I would say this is the match of the day. I bet for Argentina.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                      Brasil made huge mistake winning against Spain.They got the worst opponent they could.Even Usa were better for them remember 2010.Im telling you they have 5 % to beat this argentina team.I dont know history in Americas champs,but did brasil ever won against argentina With Ginobili and Scola playing for argentina? They are most likely team with less IQ on the couart from this 8 team left and argentina is 1 in this area.Argentina has many weapons they could go in the close game manu,scola,and brasil gonna go to barbosa or huertas crazy shots ? please i dont believe in miracle

The only chance for brasil is to run like crazy for 40minutes and try to play atleast some solid defence...Like Lithuania did in 2010.If the game gonna be close bye bye brasil.You have to have atleast 12-15 points lead going to 4 querter...
                      Huertas is likely the pg with the highest IQ in the Olympic Games. And Rubén Magnano is the best coach of the tournament by miles. So, that is just a stupid stereotype.

That said, we defeat Argentina in Argentina in the last year. They played with Manu and Scola AND we played without Nene, Barbosa and Varejão.

Serious, it's just crazy that someone thinks that we have only 5% of chances. We have the best defense numbers of the OG and we were just a crazy Fridzon trey away from be the unbeatable #1 in the Group B.

Comment

Does Prigioni going to play?

Comment

There's a slim chance that Brazil will win, but I'll go with the underdogs! Go Brasilia...
                          Not only does God play dice, but sometimes he throws the dice where we can’t see them.

Comment

Today seems to be the Brazil vs. Argentina derby day

Brazil managed to beat Argentina 3-0 in the men's volleyball quarterfinals... Let's see if they can do the same in Basketball

Comment

Brasil for me
                              And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information