Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[DAY 2] Group D: New Zealand vs. FYROM

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Tasos Peiraias View Post
    Because they grew up in German and they learnt german football,that means they are German?
    If you were grewn up in Spain,you learnt spanish football and you played in spanish nt with a name Stathis Argiropoulos for example that means that you are Spanish?
    u are on the wrong way.
    nobody says, that they are 100% germans. but they have a german passport since they were young. they don`t have to be naturalized.
    f.e. mario gomes..he is 50% german/50% spain...but he was born in germany, played for all german youth teams...

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Tasos Peiraias View Post
      Because they grew up in German and they learnt german football,that means they are German?
      If you were grewn up in Spain,you learnt spanish football and you played in spanish nt with a name Stathis Argiropoulos for example that means that you are Spanish?
      You seem to prioritize 'blood' over culture. While Mr. Argiropoulos would still be Greek, he may become culturally Spanish. Similarly, football player Mario Balotelli is Ghanaian by blood, but he was raised from his infant years in an Italian family and thus became culturally Italian. It's a natural consequence of living in a country for an extended period of time.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Tasos Peiraias View Post
        Because they grew up in German and they learnt german football,that means they are German?
        If you were grewn up in Spain,you learnt spanish football and you played in spanish nt with a name Stathis Argiropoulos for example that means that you are Spanish?
        And what if my mother was Spanish? Doesn't this one make me a half Spanish by blood?
        As I told you most of them are even half Germans by blood.
        Khedira's mother is German, Gomes mother is German, Boateng's mother is German, Klose's father is German too.
        Ozil is a third generation German-Turk but he declined an offer to play for Turkish NT.

        All this cases are different from naturalizing mercenaries. They are very common situations in countries with a lot of immigrants. Same happens here in Australia.
        Last edited by sixama23; 07-03-2012, 08:33 PM.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by tmlouk View Post
          u are on the wrong way.
          nobody says, that they are 100% germans. but they have a german passport since they were young. they don`t have to be naturalized.
          f.e. mario gomes..he is 50% german/50% spain...but he was born in germany, played for all german youth teams...
          Indeed, the German NT players are comparable to players like Schortsanitis who plays for Greece who is raised in Greece by a Greek father, but a Nigerian mother. Not quite the same as McCalebb, Holden (who played for Russia) or Preledzic (Turkey). They are truly naturalized players.

          Then there are players like Ibaka for Spain and Illyasova for Turkey who went to these countries as late teenagers and were naturalized while they were developing their skills.

          For me the example of the German NT players or Schortsanitis is the red line. I consider all the other examples as naturalized players and don't approve of it. We are watching national teams and not clubteams.
          PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011 - 2024

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Victorious View Post
            Indeed, the German NT players are comparable to players like Schortsanitis who plays for Greece who is raised in Greece by a Greek father, but a Nigerian mother. Not quite the same as McCalebb, Holden (who played for Russia) or Preledzic (Turkey). They are truly naturalized players.

            Then there are players like Ibaka for Spain and Illyasova for Turkey who went to these countries as late teenagers and were naturalized while they were developing their skills.

            For me the example of the German NT players or Schortsanitis is the red line. I consider all the other examples as naturalized players and don't approve of it. We are watching national teams and not club teams.
            His mother is from Cameroon...
            I agree with your post.
            But as far FIBA is allowing one naturalized player per NT, I can't blame countries which are taking advantage of this rule.

            Comment


            • #66
              We won today but still think we can improve a lot. Defence prity poor onece again 48-35 NZ out rebb us, that is a joke. This is something we need to fix.
              Originally posted by Ciscorlie Horford
              Macedonia (I refuse to call it FYROM, Article 19, Human Rights)

              Comment


              • #67
                We have not playd good so far but I am sure that we can and will do better in defence and I think Russia knows this so will be very interesting to see what Russia will have in mind against DR.

                Technically they should choose Angola since we are better.

                Last 3 matches very tight calls against Russia. 71-69 in Poland 2009, 2011 63 : 61 (buzzer winner) and later on one more thriller.
                Originally posted by Ciscorlie Horford
                Macedonia (I refuse to call it FYROM, Article 19, Human Rights)

                Comment


                • #68
                  Ok Greeks. Is not like we will lose against San Marino with out Makaleb. True we would not be here with out him but we porved to be a top 10 team in europe with out him (not so bad) we playd good 2007 and 2009. We beat LTU not long agao with out him -).

                  Simply few other players would gett bigger space with out Makaleb. Vojdan Stojanovski scord 15 against Russia and 23 against Lithuania and today 9 points as soon Makaleb on the bench.

                  Vladimir Micov who just signed with CSKA could have been playing for Macedonia today but he choosed Serbia. He is better than Clethas. You mention only Makaleb but not that we lost Micov.
                  Originally posted by Ciscorlie Horford
                  Macedonia (I refuse to call it FYROM, Article 19, Human Rights)

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    One love one name MACEDONIA. Bravo Macedonians.
                    FAMILY AERODROM

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Where's Kirk Penney?

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by MZT Skopje View Post
                        One love one name MACEDONIA. Bravo Macedonians.
                        Thanks.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          new zeland like lithaunia ,losers cry babys.we crush lithaunia like this.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Grow up. Had you watched today's game, you would have seen a team of grown men who had the character to come back from a major setback and play their hearts out instead of just going through the motions.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X

                            Debug Information