Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khalid80
    replied
    If Tim Duncan or Grant Hill (Both graduated from college with Honors degrees) had said something like this I would have been upset but since Dwight Howard barely graduated from high school I don't blame him for not knowing that CSKA Moscow are the European Champions and are from Russia (I personally don't believe that Howard exemplifies the situation of all NBA players).

Leave a comment:

• Dtown
    replied
    Originally posted by Straight forward
    Ok, if not to try to be politically correct and not to try to defend Howard, it's easily possible (and most likely) that he has no idea where the hell is and what the hell is RUSSIA.
    He just needs to know enough to drop 28 pts 10 rebounds in 28 minutes on a team. Where they come from, what language they speak, and what they've won doesn't really matter to Superman .

Leave a comment:

• Mortified Penguin
    replied
    Originally posted by Straight forward
    Ok, if not to try to be politically correct and not to try to defend Howard, it's easily possible (and most likely) that he has no idea where the hell is and what the hell is RUSSIA.

Wow, Howard doesn't know what or where Russia is? interesting. I guess American Basketball players are that dumb huh.

Leave a comment:

• Straight forward
    replied
    Originally posted by Dtown
    I'm not sure how this is surprising that he didn't know CSKA, I mean unless you go out of your way on the internet your not catching any euroleague games here in the states.

That said it was odd that he didn't remember playing Russia, but I guess he didn't put much thought in the teams he didn't play during the Olympics *shrug*

Leave a comment:

• damelo
    replied
    I'm not sure how this is surprising that he didn't know CSKA, I mean unless you go out of your way on the internet your not catching any euroleague games here in the states.

That said it was odd that he didn't remember playing Russia, but I guess he didn't put much thought in the teams he didn't play during the Olympics *shrug*
    Same in France

Leave a comment:

• Dtown
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lewis
    replied
    bingo

Originally posted by robbe
    So ... Howard doesn't know about CSKA. Who cares?
    He's rich

Leave a comment:

• damelo
    replied
    Originally posted by robbe
    But as a consequence she would not be able to see Russia from her house anymore.

Damelo, that would mean a significant decrease in her international affairs skill level.

Yes, definitely... But, she would have no more country to govern, so...

Leave a comment:

• robbe
    replied
    Originally posted by damelo
    Anyway, Palin will solve the problem and bomb Russia... After that, Russia will bomb USA, and then, no more problem about Howard forgetting he played Russia.
    But as a consequence she would not be able to see Russia from her house anymore.

Damelo, that would mean a significant decrease in her international affairs skill level.

Leave a comment:

• mvblair
    replied
    Originally posted by damelo
    Anyway, Palin will solve the problem and bomb Russia...
    Damelo, you need to look up "Sarah Palin Tina Fey Saturday Night Live" on YouTube. You'd love it.

I don’t know everything about the interview, but it’s possible that he was just confused. I’m sure he knows about CSKA, but maybe he’d heard the Russian pronunciation and didn’t “connect the dots,” thinking that CSKA was a different acronym or something.

Leave a comment:

• damelo
    replied
    Originally posted by C-ka
    Before the ORL Magic - CSKA Moscow game, Dwight Howard "The Superman!!!" was caught by Russian journalists.

"CSKA? What is this CSKA?" - Howard was surprised after hearing the name of the Euroleague champions.
    - That's what I was just going to ask you.
    - Really? So what's that? I see it's written on your shirt.
    - It's the team your playing against tonight.
    ("the team from Moscow" - Mickael Pietrus prompted)
    - Ah damm...
    - OK, what can you say about the Russian NT that you played against this year?
    - What? What is it we're talking about? (Howard once again throws a questioning look towards his teammates)
    ("He's asking about the Russian NT. It's something like a team, made of the best Russian players" - Marcin Gortat tried to help)
    - Exactly. Do you realise the connection here? CSKA is from Moscow, and Moscow appearantly is in Russia.
    - Ohh... you know, I really don't remember, sorry.
    - You played against it in Shangai before the Olympics.
    - No, I really don't remember. Forgive me.

And later in the interview The Superman states he has become a smarter player during the recent year. Oh, but is this arrogance or just complete absolute dumbness of the NBA superstar? Cause even if a star with at least a little bit of brain wouldn't know what is CSKA, he'd make up something like "I don't know much, but I think it's a good team/ I', looking forward to meeting them".

So yet, the American NT wasn't ignorant and arrogant as a whole, right? So they did analyse the game of the European champions (Russia, just for you not to forget ) and were preparing for the games with respect to the other teams? I believe a guy like Bryant might have, but that's about it.

Anyway, Palin will solve the problem and bomb Russia... After that, Russia will bomb USA, and then, no more problem about Howard forgetting he played Russia.

Seriously, those guys are not recruited on their level of knowledge about the world, and Howard maybe was just not thinking of who he was playing, just playing. Why do we care about that? He could've been just provocative, maybe he just doesn't care.
    It seems to me more scary to see what is happening during the presidential campaign.

Leave a comment:

• C-ka
    replied
    Before the ORL Magic - CSKA Moscow game, Dwight Howard "The Superman!!!" was caught by Russian journalists.

"CSKA? What is this CSKA?" - Howard was surprised after hearing the name of the Euroleague champions.
    - That's what I was just going to ask you.
    - Really? So what's that? I see it's written on your shirt.
    - It's the team your playing against tonight.
    ("the team from Moscow" - Mickael Pietrus prompted)
    - Ah damm...
    - OK, what can you say about the Russian NT that you played against this year?
    - What? What is it we're talking about? (Howard once again throws a questioning look towards his teammates)
    ("He's asking about the Russian NT. It's something like a team, made of the best Russian players" - Marcin Gortat tried to help)
    - Exactly. Do you realise the connection here? CSKA is from Moscow, and Moscow appearantly is in Russia.
    - Ohh... you know, I really don't remember, sorry.
    - You played against it in Shangai before the Olympics.
    - No, I really don't remember. Forgive me.

And later in the interview The Superman states he has become a smarter player during the recent year. Oh, but is this arrogance or just complete absolute dumbness of the NBA superstar? Cause even if a star with at least a little bit of brain wouldn't know what is CSKA, he'd make up something like "I don't know much, but I think it's a good team/ I', looking forward to meeting them".

So yet, the American NT wasn't ignorant and arrogant as a whole, right? So they did analyse the game of the European champions (Russia, just for you not to forget ) and were preparing for the games with respect to the other teams? I believe a guy like Bryant might have, but that's about it.

Leave a comment:

• Rivals
    replied
    USA hoops rulses. They are back on track.

Leave a comment:

• mvblair
    replied
    Howard's not even the first guy to say it, Kobe said it a second after they won, and has repeated it ever since. Lebron and Melo are both on the record as well. The whole 'US is arrogant, and don't care about the gold' is an overblown and outdated theory.
    It's outdated now, yes, but I but don't know if it was overblown. I mean, I do think that starting with the Sydney Olympics, our teams were pretty arrogant. I think that changed shortly before the Beijing Olympics, when most of the team started to speak highly of the other National Teams.
    On another note. MVblair, they're "our" team now? I could of sworn a certain someone was often and openly rooting against them in the Olympics.
    Yeah, uh, about that....

Well, I guess I've always considered them "our" team, but I'm still rooting against them. I probably always will. I'm kind of an emotional masochist.

In completely unrelated news, I'm now the biggest Boston Celtics fan in the world. I've loved them my whole life. I was rooting for them back when it wasn't cool to root for them.

Leave a comment:

• damelo
    replied
    On another note. MVblair, they're "our" team now? I could of sworn a certain someone was often and openly rooting against them in the Olympics.
    Sure, You always assimilate to winners, not to losers

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information