Arabs in Turkey: Lebanon CAN - Tunis CAN'T - Jordan THE DARK HORSE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by karim View Post
    lebanons chance against them is over 65% its more an upset if lebanon does not make it to the 2nd round ....
    Aren't you a little bit exaggerating?

Comment

ya a bit to balance out what wizard said the point is canada and NZ are not better than lebanon especially NZ

Comment

It was shocking what wizard wrote and im not gonna elabrote on that cuz its obvious he hasnt watched any games for canada and NZ or hes a lebanon hater and im guessing both but dont want to light up any fires here . Jordan and Tunisia dont have much chance of making it to the 2nd round or even winning 1 game maybe around 5% only but lebanon making it to the 2nd round is over 40% ....NZ suck possibly the worst inaddition to cote divoire and tunisia they have no tall guys , they have no shooters i saw a game in 2008 where china WITHOUT YAO MING beat them by 35 so enough said about that lebanons chance against them is over 65% whereas canada is a bit tougher but also beatable as we all know that their main players nash,magloire and bonner wont be there and their only player which has a somewhat known name is joel anthony the rest are all worse than players like vroman,freijeh and khatib if he finds his way so lebanons chance is not possible but probable its more an upset if lebanon does not make it to the 2nd round ....france will also be missing parker and spain will be missing gasol but ofcourse these are not winnable game unless france shoots 3/27 again from the outside the title of this thread is true

Who says Canada will be without Bonner and Magloire? Any links or further proof for that???

Joel Anthony is skills-wise at least on Jackson Vroman & Matt Freije level. Carl English is a way better guard than any of the Lebanese guards in this very moment. The likes of Olu Famutimi, Jermaine Anderson, Andy Rautins among others did pretty well in the FIBA Americas and to classify this nation as an easy opponent just shows me, that you have no clue about basketball outside of Asia.

I from Wisconsin!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

bonner and magloire playing with canada is the same chance as gordon playing with great britain or deng leaving great britain and playing for sudan(i dont think deng has played an official game with GB yet) . Canada have a past of NBA players not willing to play with them like we have seen for last decade . NBA players have a long season and they woudnt comeplay for canada who is not a world championship contender even if their players do play and they are not being paid either(not that thats a bad thing) but thats why they have no motive to play and its obvious they are not dying to play each year for their country like a nowitzki for germany and yao for china ...and i,ve watched canada many times and i saw carl english many times all he does is take the ball and jack up shots unconciously and misses most of them , any player in any country can do thatand canada are not intimidating under the basket as well not even for asian teams ...im sorry but canada and NZ do not impress me and i think they are beatable by any team in the top 6 in asia ...
          Last edited by karim; 01-15-2010, 04:54 AM.

Comment

guys can't we just wait until the tournament starts and then start judging i mean of course we are not expecting a 100% win over nz and canada but still we can hope for surprises i mean who the hell expected us to win over france
            Last edited by leb-basket; 01-15-2010, 06:26 PM.
            Lebanon mother land of the phoenicians! 7000 years of culture and history and still BEIRUT is "PARIS OF THE MIDDLE EAST"

LONG LIVE THE CEDARS

Comment

bonner and magloire playing with canada is the same chance as gordon playing with great britain or deng leaving great britain and playing for sudan(i dont think deng has played an official game with GB yet) . Canada have a past of NBA players not willing to play with them like we have seen for last decade . NBA players have a long season and they woudnt comeplay for canada who is not a world championship contender even if their players do play and they are not being paid either(not that thats a bad thing) but thats why they have no motive to play and its obvious they are not dying to play each year for their country like a nowitzki for germany and yao for china ...and i,ve watched canada many times and i saw carl english many times all he does is take the ball and jack up shots unconciously and misses most of them , any player in any country can do thatand canada are not intimidating under the basket as well not even for asian teams ...im sorry but canada and NZ do not impress me and i think they are beatable by any team in the top 6 in asia ...
              First of all, I respect your opinion about how you rated Canada, but I can't agree at all with what you are saying.
              I watched both ,FIBA Americas (I attended it) and FIBA Asia (Thanks to the links provided by Interbasket users to the live games) and I can tell that there is a big difference between the Canadian team today and the best six teams in Asia. I would even go further and say that Canada will be beating Iran,China (w/o Yao), Jordan and Lebanon in an official tournament. Bonner and Magloire are likely to play as reported earlier by FIBA.com and even though I dont like the way Carl English is playing, he is effective at times and is playing in the ACB which is currently the second best league behind the NBA. Looking at the guards of Lebanon, and even if there is sympathy from my side for the country, I dont see one single guard being able to handle him. The lack of interest of Nash and Magloire to represent their country is sad, but it comes from internal problems (Nash and Basketball Canada cant get along). Dalambert is out due to his problems with the coach, otherwise he would have been a great addition. Now Matt Bonner is going to step in for him. I am pretty sure, that he is going to play as Levon Kendall might be out due to injury. I can't see how Lebanon is going to beat Canada under the boards with Freije only being a solid player in weaker leagues like Puerto Rico while failing in Greece and in Germany.Vroman should be doing well in Turkey but I will be looking on Fadi to be the x-factor as he has been slow in FIBA Asia and has been terrible in Athens in 2008. If he can't produce, I am looking to Daniel Faris who has some talent and should be learing the game in the Netherlands right now. Still, I see Canada up front. Talking about six Asian nations will be beating them is clearly a sign that you are just in your own little world,sorry.

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

Originally posted by Mojado View Post
                First of all, I respect your opinion about how you rated Canada, but I can't agree at all with what you are saying.
                I watched both ,FIBA Americas (I attended it) and FIBA Asia (Thanks to the links provided by Interbasket users to the live games) and I can tell that there is a big difference between the Canadian team today and the best six teams in Asia. I would even go further and say that Canada will be beating Iran,China (w/o Yao), Jordan and Lebanon in an official tournament. Bonner and Magloire are likely to play as reported earlier by FIBA.com and even though I dont like the way Carl English is playing, he is effective at times and is playing in the ACB which is currently the second best league behind the NBA. Looking at the guards of Lebanon, and even if there is sympathy from my side for the country, I dont see one single guard being able to handle him. The lack of interest of Nash and Magloire to represent their country is sad, but it comes from internal problems (Nash and Basketball Canada cant get along). Dalambert is out due to his problems with the coach, otherwise he would have been a great addition. Now Matt Bonner is going to step in for him. I am pretty sure, that he is going to play as Levon Kendall might be out due to injury. I can't see how Lebanon is going to beat Canada under the boards with Freije only being a solid player in weaker leagues like Puerto Rico while failing in Greece and in Germany.Vroman should be doing well in Turkey but I will be looking on Fadi to be the x-factor as he has been slow in FIBA Asia and has been terrible in Athens in 2008. If he can't produce, I am looking to Daniel Faris who has some talent and should be learing the game in the Netherlands right now. Still, I see Canada up front. Talking about six Asian nations will be beating them is clearly a sign that you are just in your own little world,sorry.
                I am impressed by your posts, and I ask you to accept my following post if you don't mind.
                After watching both Fiba Asia and Fiba America, I think that basketball in Asia is getting better and better but still behind the American Basketball. But let me elaborate a point. From the teams I watched in the last Fiba America, only Brazil, Argentina's third team and Puerto Rico were the teams that impressed me. Now for Canada And DR, both teams were obviously competing to get 4th place. Both teams were unsystematic and if they have had better chemistry they could beat Argentina and Puerto Rico, and here I am talking about DR.
                Now going to Lebanon, the Lebanese team you watched, believe me, was the product of one week of practice and work. Not only the players met few days before the competition, but also, some of them were unkown in the Lebanese Basketball.
                For the next WC, I think Bonner and Anthony will play but Nash, Dalembert, Magloire will not.

Now for Lebanon, the improvements you will see are multiple:

- We had a extremely stubburn coach and the new one will be from a much higher level.
                -No chemistry was built and will be solved after the expected preparations.
                -We did not have a pure center, and I think that you will see a huge improvement in this point.
                -Matt Freije was lost despite his good performance, he joined few weeks before the competition, but now he is more involved in the lebanese basketball.
                -Fadi El Khatib and here is the biggest improvement. Fadi in his current level, can play easily and i repeat easily in an any european team, and has a chance to play in the NBA(but he is 31years old). Fadi lost 15 kg from the last asian championship, so the lebanese tiger will be back.
                -In Turkey you will feel like you are in Lebanon, the crowd will be lebanese, the lebanese fans will show the whole world how we can win games using the lebanese spirit.

Finally, these improvements will be more than enough to beat New Zealand, and enough to compete with a strong Canadian team.
                I AM LEBANESE!!!

Comment

we have a weakness in PG, ali mahmoud always dissapears in international games outside of asia, he is just terrible in the few games i've seen him against european teams, rony isn't a true PG but he always plays better in the NT than ali mahmoud, but he is a poor defender. both are very small too. i think sabah is better for position one than both, he has the best handles of all pg and good offense and he plays teamball, he isnt afraid like ali mahmoud so he should be in the NT. also he is terrible defender.

SG, is also a weakness, i hope that terrible abdelnour never plays in NT, instead ahmad ibrahim should be put in the NT, and we need one more good SG, which I can't see in lebanese league unless Fadi start playing this position, though this would not give any chance to ahmad to play. i want them both on the court. there are a few guys who might play just for experimenting, i don't think we will do anything special in this tournament, so let's just rebuild for 2011, if there's a SG i would like then maybe mohamad ibrahim the cousin of ahmad ibrahim.

SF, fadi starting, backup to fadi is matt freije (if he plays for free) and he should never be at position 4. brian should leave.

PF, C, these two positions are weak and no true center, i just hope we could live with the ones we have and not nationalise any more center, just put vogel if they need height and if he could come off the bench, play 20-25 min, play some defense, we don't need him to shoot any 3 pts in offense. he doesnt wrestle or plays inside anymore, he couldn't get under the basket in international games, too weak, but defensively he can still give especially if we get a coach like zouros.

Comment

Mojado, i respect your opinion but i dont think Carl English is better than Fadi El khatib.
                    Fadi passed in 2 tough years, and in both he gained many kilos which slowed him down, now he's been working a lot and you can see clearly from his stats so far that he is total shape and about to get back his old level.

I believe that if the team was in his physical condition,we can beat the Canadian team but if not its gonna be really tough!
                    Proud to be Lebanese
                    www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by RAWAD View Post
                      I am impressed by your posts, and I ask you to accept my following post if you don't mind.
                      After watching both Fiba Asia and Fiba America, I think that basketball in Asia is getting better and better but still behind the American Basketball. But let me elaborate a point. From the teams I watched in the last Fiba America, only Brazil, Argentina's third team and Puerto Rico were the teams that impressed me. Now for Canada And DR, both teams were obviously competing to get 4th place. Both teams were unsystematic and if they have had better chemistry they could beat Argentina and Puerto Rico, and here I am talking about DR.
                      Now going to Lebanon, the Lebanese team you watched, believe me, was the product of one week of practice and work. Not only the players met few days before the competition, but also, some of them were unkown in the Lebanese Basketball.
                      For the next WC, I think Bonner and Anthony will play but Nash, Dalembert, Magloire will not.

Now for Lebanon, the improvements you will see are multiple:

- We had a extremely stubburn coach and the new one will be from a much higher level.
                      -No chemistry was built and will be solved after the expected preparations.
                      -We did not have a pure center, and I think that you will see a huge improvement in this point.
                      -Matt Freije was lost despite his good performance, he joined few weeks before the competition, but now he is more involved in the lebanese basketball.
                      -Fadi El Khatib and here is the biggest improvement. Fadi in his current level, can play easily and i repeat easily in an any european team, and has a chance to play in the NBA(but he is 31years old). Fadi lost 15 kg from the last asian championship, so the lebanese tiger will be back.
                      -In Turkey you will feel like you are in Lebanon, the crowd will be lebanese, the lebanese fans will show the whole world how we can win games using the lebanese spirit.

Finally, these improvements will be more than enough to beat New Zealand, and enough to compete with a strong Canadian team.
                      Thanks Rawad for giving me an inside on the situation! I can see where you are heading to, and I am going to keep that in mind when the games are going down in Turkey this year. I have my doubts with Fadi and I would rather see him in Europe playing in a major competition than ins some meaningless tournament in Dubai or a smaller market- league, but that wont happen, so I just hope he will be able to be 100% ready for Turkey this time. I also dont see him on the shooting guard-spot but on the small forward spot. He is not going to play against Carl English (Daniab, you must have gotten something wrong here), so I dont compare them to each other...anyway, I will be coming back on that topic once its time for it. Good luck to Lebanon in Turkey!

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information