X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spike
    replied
    Originally posted by teymur85
    i dont think i asked my question clearly. I am wondering why Turkey faced Lithunia. What was the reason they didnt play Germany or France. I understand that all 4 teams (Germany, Turkey, Lithuania, and France) all lost in the quaterfinals, and had to play each other for the 5-8 spots. My question is why did Turkey match up with Lithuania and not one of the other 2 losing teams?

lol, why did Greece faced the US and not Argentina or Spain in the semi's? I mean they all won their quarter finals.......dude come on!!!!!
    ________
    Uggs
    Last edited by Spike; 04-15-2011, 12:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• teymur85
    replied
    Originally posted by kestas
    such was the tournament format.
    i dont think i asked my question clearly. I am wondering why Turkey faced Lithunia. What was the reason they didnt play Germany or France. I understand that all 4 teams (Germany, Turkey, Lithuania, and France) all lost in the quaterfinals, and had to play each other for the 5-8 spots. My question is why did Turkey match up with Lithuania and not one of the other 2 losing teams?

Leave a comment:

• kestas
    replied
    Originally posted by teymur85
    why did Turkey play Lith, and why did Germany play France? Why were these matchups set up? in other words, why did turkey play lith and not germany or france?
    such was the tournament format.

Leave a comment:

• teymur85
    replied
    Quick question about 5-8 classification games......

why did Turkey play Lith, and why did Germany play France? Why were these matchups set up? in other words, why did turkey play lith and not germany or france?

Leave a comment:

• sashikas
    replied
    Lithuania secures final 7th place with a strong play in the fourth quater. Final result 77:62.

Leave a comment:

• PHILIPeurobasket
    replied
    Lithuania led with Germany 47:41 after 1st half ....

LTH: Lavrinovic, D 10, Kleiza 9, Javtokas 6, Macijauskas 6, Songaila 6, Gustas 4, Lavrinovic, K 4, Jasaitis 2, Jankunas 0, Kalnietis 0, Delininkaitis 0, Zukauskas 0
    GER: Roller 8, Nowitzki 7, Okulaja 7, Jagla 5, Garrett 4, Femerling 4, Herber 3, Grünheid 3, Demirel 0, Greene 0, Hamann 0, Schultze 0

Leave a comment:

• sashikas
    replied
    LTU-GER 47:41 after the first half.

Leave a comment:

• Picek
    replied
    Jasaitis is back for Lithuania
    Lithuania leads 30-17
    end of the first quarter

Grunheid started for Germany...

Leave a comment:

• Akyol
    replied
    This would be a shock for me. Gönlüm ist going to be a key pler for Efes next season. Of course, if Mahmuti finally realizes the fact that Gönlüm also is a superior offensive player. Last year there was no single play made for Gönlüm.

Congratulations France for the 5th place without Parker. This is also a big success

Leave a comment:

• parso
    replied
    Originally posted by Akyol
    Perhaps he meant Kerem Tunceri, because he will definitely play for Real next year
    OK my mistake I assumed he meant Kerem Gönlüm... which made more sense to me

Leave a comment:

• Akyol
    replied
    Perhaps he meant Kerem Tunceri, because he will definitely play for Real next year

Leave a comment:

• parso
    replied
    Originally posted by sariss
    Oh, please no!!! if it's true, that's very sad news, we need him badly in Efes this year.
    On TV Murat Didin was talking about guys representing us abroad and he mentioned Kaya & Serkan will play for TAU and Kerem will play for Real Madrid. May be I heard wrong...but don't wory Efes can and will produce other youngsters which will take on the fight.

Leave a comment:

• Levenspiel
    replied
    Originally posted by parso
    ...I think he will play for Real Madrid next year? (corect me if I am wrong) Spanish fans enjoy the difference of having Kerem Gönlüm!!!
    Oh, please no!!! if it's true, that's very sad news, we need him badly in Efes this year.

And, I agree with Marius123. I was expecting to find LTU-GER game when I turned on tv. This is the first time I see something like that. I guess they somehow tried to equalize the importance level of days (3&5=1&7).

Leave a comment:

• Marius123
    replied
    I don't understand, why they made the schedule the way it is. I'd say the logical thing would be to have the matches for 5th-8th places complete today and arrange for a culmination day tomorrow - first a bronze-medal final, then the gold final. This is how it's done all over the world, you save the most important matches for the end.

Now, before the gold final, there'll be a non-significant 7th-place game, while USA and Argentina were not given a day of rest before the bronze final (at the same time, both Germany and Lithuania have had their rest day before today).
    Last edited by Marius123; 09-02-2006, 03:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• parso
    replied
    All in all we took a big step in the right direction.. I was so sick of the lackluster performances of before. The way they played I would have been satisfied even if we lost most of the games. Its the attitude what is important for me.
    I my opinion all the players did well but if I don't mention Kerem Gönlüm as a standout I would not do justice to his efforts. He was the warrior of warriors although still in a very sportsmanlike way. I think he will play for Real Madrid next year? (corect me if I am wrong) Spanish fans enjoy the difference of having Kerem Gönlüm!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information