No announcement yet.

5-8th places classification games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Germany throws all it away...TWICE!!
    "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

Wow, what an ending of the France - Germany game. Germany up by 3 with 30 secs to go, Germany tries to execute too fast, Dirk misses the shot while Gomis equalizes on the other side with a three with 20 secs to go. Gomis steals the ball rightaway and Diaw gets fouled - and chokes big time missing both FTs, with the score staying at 73-73 with 12 secs to go. However Germany managed to lose the ball again and Gelabale makes the layup for the lead with 2 secs to go. Germany had the last chance but Nowitzki was asleep and had a foot on the line receiving the ball - out of bounds, turnover.

Comment

Lithuania is not the only one giving away presents.

Germany, having 20 seconds for their last attack with the score tied, made a quick turnover and fouled B.Diaw. He missed both FTs, the Germans rebounded - but turned the ball over once again and M.Gelabale scored from under the basket. Germany still had 2 seconds, but with Dirk in the corner setting up for the winning three-pointer, he stepped on the side line, and the shot never happened.

So, the pairings are:

- Turkey - France
        - Lithuania - Germany

P.S. I see, Trifilli beat me with the final seconds report.

Comment

Wow, it was an incredible ending to the regulation and overtime. Turkey never gave up at the end and kept trying hard.

We scored a miserable 4 points in the 2nd quarter but an incredible 55 points in the last 15 minutes (4th period + overtime).

That was a tough loss for Lithuania but everyone knows you're a great basketball nation and surely bounce back.

Comment

We have learned some big lessons today.

Turkey showed us how you have to play the last 20 seconds.
            Germany showed us how you shouldn't play the last 20 seconds.

Anyway great comeback from Turkey's part, now get that 5th place it's yours to take and you deserve every bit of it!!!!
            ________
            Zx14 Vs Hayabusa
            Last edited by Spike; 04-15-2011, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Ersan İlyasova first blocks then alley-opps

Comment

Lithuania is suddenly playing only average basketball. it's painfull to watch and only a blind idiot would want our coaches to keep their positions after this torunament

seriously, tragic performance by Lithuania. I am ashamed of my team.
                if we win against Germany on Saturday it will only be because Germany will suck like crazy. hardly gonna happen, though.. sure, this LTU team could have at least one decent game, but it's hard to see where it could come from. but I'll watch the game anyways hoping a mirracle will happen. indeed, a good game by this Lithuanian squad would be nothing short of a mirracle.
                stop russia

Comment

You can download the last 2 minutes of the regulation. Turkey coming back from a 9 point deficit.

ANd this is the last 2 minutes of the overtime.

Comment

France won 64-56 against Turkey in the game for the fifth spot..
                    at the beginning of the third period France had a 19 point lead (39-20), Turkey made a 18-5 in the next 6 minutes...
                    France once again took double digit lead but 3 minutes before the end of the game it was only 56-51 for France, then Arslan made a foul on Gomis and in the same action Peker made a unsportsmenlike foul so Gomis had 4 free throws and a french ball, at that point game was finished, Turkey tried with some three point shots but they just couldn't hit them...
                    still it was once again a very good performance of theturkish team, they played an entire game without Erdogan and Kutluay and Solak played only a minute of two...
                    they are the biggest positive surprise of the tournament..
                    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

the japanese referee was disgrace.he had a very negative influence on our play in the last period of the game.beside that france played well after germany win.concluding, we played a surprising tournament, i m proud of this young, talented and fighting team.

Comment

All in all we took a big step in the right direction.. I was so sick of the lackluster performances of before. The way they played I would have been satisfied even if we lost most of the games. Its the attitude what is important for me.
                        I my opinion all the players did well but if I don't mention Kerem Gönlüm as a standout I would not do justice to his efforts. He was the warrior of warriors although still in a very sportsmanlike way. I think he will play for Real Madrid next year? (corect me if I am wrong) Spanish fans enjoy the difference of having Kerem Gönlüm!!!

Comment

I don't understand, why they made the schedule the way it is. I'd say the logical thing would be to have the matches for 5th-8th places complete today and arrange for a culmination day tomorrow - first a bronze-medal final, then the gold final. This is how it's done all over the world, you save the most important matches for the end.

Now, before the gold final, there'll be a non-significant 7th-place game, while USA and Argentina were not given a day of rest before the bronze final (at the same time, both Germany and Lithuania have had their rest day before today).
                          Last edited by Marius123; 09-02-2006, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by parso
                            ...I think he will play for Real Madrid next year? (corect me if I am wrong) Spanish fans enjoy the difference of having Kerem Gönlüm!!!
                            Oh, please no!!! if it's true, that's very sad news, we need him badly in Efes this year.

And, I agree with Marius123. I was expecting to find LTU-GER game when I turned on tv. This is the first time I see something like that. I guess they somehow tried to equalize the importance level of days (3&5=1&7).
                            5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by sariss
                              Oh, please no!!! if it's true, that's very sad news, we need him badly in Efes this year.
                              On TV Murat Didin was talking about guys representing us abroad and he mentioned Kaya & Serkan will play for TAU and Kerem will play for Real Madrid. May be I heard wrong...but don't wory Efes can and will produce other youngsters which will take on the fight.

Comment

Perhaps he meant Kerem Tunceri, because he will definitely play for Real next year

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information